Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (255496 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
Ayinla1440:
ok,bt how can i get past questn? what is the difrence bteen past questn nd practice quesn?
check ur mail bro
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Ipraisee: 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2016
Itzmax:
What may be ur own hardest course might actually be someone else's easiest course.Most courses here require cramming especially Pharmacognosy
[color=#000000][/color] tanks man.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Ipraisee: 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
IZANAMI:

Hardest courses?I can't really deem a particular course to be hard solely by virtue of my personal perceptions and paradigm.Like someone said,truth be told,a course you find difficult comprehending might be more than easy for another person.Inspite of this,there are some particular courses guys dread generally in my school of study,d bulky PCG201 for instance where you have to study,not even study,CRAM microscopical and macroscopical ppts,those silly botanical names,unfathomable tests,place of collection and origin,subtle definitions and the like,word for word of over 38 plants.Despite all these and d rigorous experiences and stories heard from our seniors which had portrayed this course dreadfully frightening,I still banged an A in it,even its evil twin brother (202)---85,so what's d hullabaloo all about?

Bragging aside,With my journey so far in d premier school of pharmacy,I won't really say tag a course "difficult",but Most courses in pharmacy are quite bulky to an enormous extent,in fact,fvcking bulky and we aren't medical student who are always given more than enough time for preparation,in just a matter of 2 weeks or less,you'll have to do 8 bulky courses in a short duration of a couple of weeks.not only this,there are some exceptionally bulky ones you might not be able to revise ultimately,Even if you read all nights with no blinking of an eye.
The most demanding and extremely multitasking is indubitably part 4 owing to this terrific and stupendous volume.Part 4 bulky die.Haaa!I'm not trying to kind of eulogize it o!Even despite its bulkiness,some guys still had above 4.7,so no qualms.

tanks a lot. I've really helped me and cleared d air.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Ipraisee: 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2016
IZANAMI:
So no qualms,the same way some guys had above 4.7,some were withdrawn(in part 4,can you imagine?) whilst some repeated. And mind you,the pass mark's 50 while for some,60,dispensing(part 3) and pharmacy law and ethics(part 4) for example.This alludes the fact a mark of 59 is a fail.

In a jiffe, I won't really say pharmacy's hard,it's only bulky, demanding and needs much dedication. So far you have d passion for it,you'll pull through with sheer perseverance.
I'm not yet a grad but I believe grads in d house can provide you answers concerning that aspect.
Nice, nd tanks
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Ipraisee: 5:07pm On Apr 23, 2016
drered:
The famous questions.. Is pharmacy hard? What are the most difficult courses? What's the most difficult level? How do I pass a course.. I keep saying pharmacy can't be that hard if I left without a single resit and an OK result even though I was among the most social guys in school back then.. Pharmacy is one of the most challenging courses in school but I won't call it hard. As long as u know what you're doing.. There really is no universal rule.. The rules change all the time.. So always go the extra mile, better to be over-prepared than under-prepared.. Set goals and try and achieve them. I made a mistake quiet early in my school days when our seniors back then would tell us GPA don't matter so I was a little care free. A reality check came when I lost 2 of my other friends in 200L (one repeat and one withdraw) after losing one in 100L. So it was just me and this guy left and eventually it was just me.. Now how'd I do it? I was focused. I knew where I was coming from and where I was going.. I could be a joker in class back then but then everybody knew better than to take that for unseriousness. See, that's the kinda person you should be.. Super fun and even more serious. It took a while for me to move myself from the base level to put in that extra work bit then I did.. Study after classes, try and go through errthang that day, go even deeper, scribble extra stuff I find out about the subject. . Then maaaaajor turn up, Chill with the Boyz.. When it got closer to exams I even had issues with my relationship. It was simple. Don't come around, don't call. I'll call u when I can. Study, study, study.. Running up to 18 hours everyday in the library weeks to exams. I had the will power to leave my friends when we're having fun to go study.. Back then, 300L,400L, see us studying on the road to exams sef. Serious stuff.. Then 500L came and it was already part of us.. Though it wasn't much easier as per projects, externship and all those other stuffs.. We just had to juggle them.. You can chose to see it the way you want to cuz back then I'd swear pharmacy is hard. Lol. Any alumnus of U. I will tell u it could be crazy there.. Exams back to back up until Saturdays only to leave a week for just 2 or 3 practical exams, people having psychotic breakdowns, fainting when they open the exam sheet, pastors and imams, role models having to repeat and having to repeat for falling ill during an exam.. Find what works for u and stick to it.. Don't get carried away, my BGS didn't necessarily study longer hours.. He had an awesome memory.. One mistake you'll make is to focus on just the books cuz it will screw u over later.. I got an internship placement less than a month after induction not from k e important person I knew. But from networking.. So try and achieve that balance..
really impressive, tanks a lot.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 23, 2016
After a very long wait,(33yrs to be exact) Yesterday April 22nd 2016 Pans uniben produced the newest SUG president in university of Benin..She's Comerade Obakpolor Lauretta , a 400level pharmacy student from the faculty of pharmacy. ..This is an epoch making event and worthy of commendation..

# UNIBEN SUG PRESIDENTIAL RESULTS
Lauretta Obakpolor (Pharmacy) 2283
Arigbe Victor (Education) 1437
Nelson Ehrauyi (Engineering) 1389
Efosa Iyekekpolor (Education) 1285
Godstime Oghogho (Medicine/Surgery) 397
Leslie Oghama (Social Sciences) 321
From # Students Affairs
Congratulations Comrade OBAKPOLOR
LAURETTA

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sugarboi52: 11:51pm On Apr 23, 2016
Great Pharmacist in Practice, please I need your help oooo.... Have been searching for a Medical Sales Representative Jobs for God knows time now with little or no success. I either don't get invited or did interview with no feedback. I'm fed up, I love sales and believe I can do well in it.. Please help me guyz. Help a poor brother. How do I get involved in Medical Rep Job? Is there anything I'm not doing right? I have 2.1 in Biochemistry from a South West State University, and about concluding an MBA marketing from a federal University... What else do I need I have applied to almost pharmaceutical companies one can think of, and even FMCG companies with a good written CV. No response on my unsolicited applications.. Guys I need your help, any link or advice cos I'm getting tired of Life. I have even applied for free sales internship opportunity, all na same same oooo.... SMS (Save My Soul).
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by tommyBaba: 10:37am On Apr 24, 2016
drered:
The famous questions.. Is pharmacy hard? What are the most difficult courses? What's the most difficult level? How do I pass a course.. I keep saying pharmacy can't be that hard if I left without a single resit and an OK result even though I was among the most social guys in school back then.. Pharmacy is one of the most challenging courses in school but I won't call it hard. As long as u know what you're doing.. There really is no universal rule.. The rules change all the time.. So always go the extra mile, better to be over-prepared than under-prepared.. Set goals and try and achieve them. I made a mistake quiet early in my school days when our seniors back then would tell us GPA don't matter so I was a little care free. A reality check came when I lost 2 of my other friends in 200L (one repeat and one withdraw) after losing one in 100L. So it was just me and this guy left and eventually it was just me.. Now how'd I do it? I was focused. I knew where I was coming from and where I was going.. I could be a joker in class back then but then everybody knew better than to take that for unseriousness. See, that's the kinda person you should be.. Super fun and even more serious. It took a while for me to move myself from the base level to put in that extra work bit then I did.. Study after classes, try and go through errthang that day, go even deeper, scribble extra stuff I find out about the subject. . Then maaaaajor turn up, Chill with the Boyz.. When it got closer to exams I even had issues with my relationship. It was simple. Don't come around, don't call. I'll call u when I can. Study, study, study.. Running up to 18 hours everyday in the library weeks to exams. I had the will power to leave my friends when we're having fun to go study.. Back then, 300L,400L, see us studying on the road to exams sef. Serious stuff.. Then 500L came and it was already part of us.. Though it wasn't much easier as per projects, externship and all those other stuffs.. We just had to juggle them.. You can chose to see it the way you want to cuz back then I'd swear pharmacy is hard. Lol. Any alumnus of U. I will tell u it could be crazy there.. Exams back to back up until Saturdays only to leave a week for just 2 or 3 practical exams, people having psychotic breakdowns, fainting when they open the exam sheet, pastors and imams, role models having to repeat and having to repeat for falling ill during an exam.. Find what works for u and stick to it.. Don't get carried away, my BGS didn't necessarily study longer hours.. He had an awesome memory.. One mistake you'll make is to focus on just the books cuz it will screw u over later.. I got an internship placement less than a month after induction not from k e important person I knew. But from networking.. So try and achieve that balance..
please Sir, what's the difference Btw Externship and Internship??
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Kunlexic(m): 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
Corleone7:
After a very long wait,(33yrs to be exact) Yesterday April 22nd 2016 Pans uniben produced the newest SUG president in university of Benin..She's Comerade Obakpolor Lauretta , a 400level pharmacy student from the faculty of pharmacy. ..This is an epoch making event and worthy of commendation..

From # Students Affairs
LAURETTA
Wao! A female!
Dats xo interesting.

UI new SUG President also emmerged from Faculty of Pharmacy...Comrade Nifemi,a 500L pharm student

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Kunlexic(m): 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2016
tommyBaba:
please Sir, what's the difference Btw Externship and Internship??
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 26, 2016
Kunlexic:

Wao! A female!
Dats xo interesting.

UI new SUG President also emmerged from Faculty of Pharmacy...Comrade Nifemi,a 500L pharm student
loool... lailai... He's frm Agricultural science... UI pharm wey tight like anything.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bhuumhite(f): 5:01pm On Apr 27, 2016
Tommybob:
loool... lailai... He's frm Agricultural science... UI pharm wey tight like anything.
lolzz...kunlexic,he's an agric student o..400lvl

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Uniben4sure: 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
Corleone7:

From # Students Affairs
LAURETTA
Great PANSITES Uniben really took the election personal, lol. The solidarity was awesome!

Congrats to Her Excellency, Lauretta Obakpolo.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Kunlexic(m): 6:59pm On Apr 28, 2016
Tommybob:
Bhuumhite:
lolzz...kunlexic,he's an agric student o..400lvl
Ion knw,tis because I saw a post from UI-Pans BBM channel that pansite shd support comrade Nifemi as the new sug president...That is what made me think he is from pharm.
Thanks for the correction,hope u are enjoying ur indefinate break
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Kunlexic(m): 6:22am On Apr 29, 2016
Tommybob:
it's nothing bro...

I'm seriously enjoying it biko... infact seeing the materials/ work we've done within few weeks of resumption can make one decide to jump like Teebillz buh the break came as a blessing... how're u too?? where boss adeola nw??
we are not from the same college but i base in the vicinity of their campus...looking 4ward to meeting him b4 we resume.
He may be busy with schl loads as a final year student.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by caukerzee(m): 10:33am On Apr 29, 2016
Please visit this thread that just Made the FP and enlightened theses people about our profession. There seems to be so many ignorant people on there.
https://www.nairaland.com/3075239/how-lucrative-pharmacy-career/2
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Shori(m): 10:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
Results out.... OAU will not kill somebody...
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Johncrown80(m): 12:44am On May 01, 2016
Na massacre result... OAU is too tough
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Joezez: 2:55am On May 01, 2016
ADMISSION ADMISSION ADMISSION!!!!!!!!!
Are you tired of writing JAMB or Post UTME?
Graduating With Poor Results?
Wasting Years At Home?
Or Tired Of Wasting Exorbitant Fees For Poor Education?
Then this is for you.
Study in the philipines with a cheap school fees in any course of your choice.
visit us on: http://edu-ph-g.simplesite.com/h
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 01, 2016
Shori:
how far,shey na pass abi resit abi repeat abi na withdraw sef,the result's just too bad this time around. Imagine,only 159 passed in the whole faculty,More than 75 repeats?
shey na so e be for other schools ni?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by croSStodds(m): 5:23pm On May 01, 2016
Johncrown80:
Na massacre result... OAU is too tough
How far,hope say dem no get u.
this one wey sisiafrika no dey post again,shey dem never Get Mama's password like this.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Johncrown80(m): 6:27pm On May 01, 2016
croSStodds:
How far,hope say dem no get u.
this one wey sisiafrika no dey post again,shey dem never Get Mama's password like this.

Then almost get me ooo... But Baba God go safe me last last

Resiting PHA201 sad
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Shori(m): 9:36pm On May 01, 2016
IZANAMI:
how far,shey na pass abi resit abi repeat abi na withdraw sef,the result's just too bad this time around. Imagine,only 159 passed in the whole faculty,More than 75 repeats?
Dispensing oh!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bukkiminat(f): 8:27am On May 02, 2016
IZANAMI:

Are you for real?!!!! This is serious!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 03, 2016
Bukkiminat:

Are you for real?!!!! This is serious!
Sister
Na so we see am o!!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by olasmith10(m): 5:20pm On May 06, 2016
BASIC AND ADVANCED ULTRASOUND TRAINING
OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND;Training-for-ultrasound-technician

TRANSABDOMINAL OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND
TRANSVAGINAL OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND
3D/4D OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND

GYNAECOLOGY ULTRASOUND;

TRANSABDOMINAL ULTRASOUND
TRANSVAGINAL ULTRASOUND
SONOHYSTEROGRAPHY ULTRASOUND

ABDOMINAL ULTRASOUND;

UROLOGICAL(KIDNEY AND PROSTATE) ULTRASOUND
GASTROINTESTINAL ULTRASOUND
TRANSRECTAL ULTRASOUND
HEPATOBILIARY(LIVER AND BILIARY TRACT) ULTRASOUND

SMALL PARTS ULTRASOUND;

BREAST ULTRASOUND
TESTICULAR ULTRASOUND
THYROID ULTRASOUND
SALIVARY GLANDS ULTRASOUND
MSK & SOFT TISSUE ULTRASOUND
OCULAR(EYE) ULTRASOUND

Contact us today
Mobile No: 08074661723, 08168529179, 09032387828
http://devinediagnostics.com
email: info@devinediagostics.com
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by ladycomfort(f): 11:40am On May 07, 2016
Shori:
. Please how was part 5 result? Hope no one in part 5 repeated
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Shori(m): 12:04am On May 08, 2016
ladycomfort:
. Please how was part 5 result? Hope no one in part 5 repeated
40 straight pass. 2 repeated. 41 resits.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Kunlexic(m): 5:07am On May 26, 2016
Finally I met the boss and IPP PANS OOU Adeoladrg...infact this boss was so a cool person and was gifted with intellect.
Nice meeting u once again bro.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Neobulletzz(m): 7:32am On May 26, 2016
Bhuumhite:
Finallly admitted to study pharmacy!....all thanks to God
thanks to adeoladrg and bukkiminat also.....you guys inspired me
congrats....so what school are u admitted into
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Neobulletzz(m): 8:28am On May 26, 2016
Pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy!!! Pharmacy is quite challenging and no one can deny the fact, but different schools and their headaches cos what might be challenging in unilag could be different from what is challenging at uniben. There are lot of bulky courses in pharmacy school from pharm micro to pharmacognosy to pharmacology and clinical pharmacy to some extent. I could remember when I had about 3 sessional courses back then in 200L but like someone said the rules are universal, they keep changing every time but how I wish pharmacognosy can be scrapped cos hell no you require a lot of cramming(botanical source, microscopical and macroscopical features, geographical source and so on)......but pharmacy is quite interesting!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.