Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,073 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (255251 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hello... is it possible to transfer from biochemistry to pharmacy after year1.
uniuyo pharms, kindly help.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by TRAILBLAIZER: 3:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hello guys i really need your candid advice o? which of the following courses ,PHARMACY,DENTISTRY,RADIOGRAPHY,MLS to choose ...........am applying BUK scored 241 in jamb........i'd really appreciate your contribution
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Uyi168: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2018
Bukkiminat:

One paper to go.. 400l in a bit! Okay, it has not been easy but we are stronger. Hey! How did you guys swim through the muds of loamy cognosy, sandy ceutics and the clayey pharm chem.
..where are u schooling?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by TRAILBLAIZER: 5:48pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hello guys i really need your candid advice o? which of the following courses ,PHARMACY,DENTISTRY,RADIOGRAPHY,MLS to choose ...........am applying BUK scored 241 in jamb........i'd really appreciate your contribution
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by pemzylabi: 3:03pm On Mar 29, 2018
TRAILBLAIZER:
PHARMACY,DENTISTRY,RADIOGRAPHY,MLS
They are all good courses... choose yourself.. you know what you like and what you want..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by pemzylabi: 3:11pm On Mar 29, 2018
Hello everyone..
I just concluded the easiest part of pharmacy school according to senior colleagues which is part 1 .. but to be sincere part 1 wasn't easy.. we had to do maths .. I mean serious maths.. and I pray I survive the remaining parts of Pharmacy school ... #Ifepharmacy... many of those jambites don't know they would have to do further mathematics in sec school.. I think there should be awareness for this... It would really help aspiring jambites...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Scholarsticchai: 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
I don't know pharmacy also require math.
pemzylabi:
Hello everyone..
I just concluded the easiest part of pharmacy school according to senior colleagues which is part 1 .. but to be sincere part 1 wasn't easy.. we had to do maths .. I mean serious maths.. and I pray I survive the remaining parts of Pharmacy school ... #Ifepharmacy... many of those jambites don't know they would have to do further mathematics in sec school.. I think there should be awareness for this... It would really help aspiring jambites...
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by TRAILBLAIZER: 9:35am On Apr 01, 2018
Just changed to pharmacy i hope i get admitted with my score
And i hope it will be worth the sacrifice of leaving biochem
Pls i need a student of pharmacy to enlighten me in some aspect of the course
Great men of honour
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:39am On Apr 02, 2018
drBuqi:
lol yeah thanks

you're welcome. sorry haven't checked up since January. 200l pharmacy school and heightened stress. BTW you look so much like fulani with those pointed nose, long face and pale skin.

You get?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:40am On Apr 02, 2018
skillful01:
Hello... is it possible to transfer from biochemistry to pharmacy after year1.

uniuyo pharms, kindly help.

in uniuyo, not possible, sorry. pharmacy only accepts transfers from medicine, and you're kicking off from year 2.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drBuqi(f): 5:39pm On Apr 02, 2018
Vessi:

you're welcome. sorry haven't checked up since January. 200l pharmacy school and heightened stress. BTW you look so much like fulani with those pointed nose, long face and pale skin.

. You get?
lol okay
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2018
drBuqi:
lol okay

I noticed your edit; that's a smart move and a reminder I should do same for security. Patiently awaiting your message and for the meantime; happy new month. smiley
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 02, 2018
Scholarsticchai:
I don't know pharmacy also require math.

just for year one. you drop it when you're promoted, however in my school you still get to do a borrowed statistics in 200l 2nd semester, and economics 300l first semester; if those could be classified as maths then my first assertion of dropping it off in year one would be erroneous.

you don't have to get jittery; it's something that won't kill you if you put in your best.

happy new month men of honor.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Scholarsticchai: 5:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
How can I contact you
Vessi:

just for year one. you drop it when you're promoted, however in my school you still get to do a borrowed statistics in 200l 2nd semester, and economics 300l first semester; if those could be classified as maths then my first assertion of dropping it off in year one would be erroneous.

you don't have to get jittery; it's something that won't kill you if you put in your best.

happy new month men of honor.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Emmalexpharm: 9:24am On Apr 07, 2018
Hei,pls any unizik pharmacy student? Pls indicate
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 07, 2018
Scholarsticchai:
How can I contact you

whatsapp
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by somtoto(m): 4:37pm On Apr 08, 2018
Emmalexpharm:
Hei,pls any unizik pharmacy student? Pls indicate
yea
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Emmalexpharm: 7:57am On Apr 09, 2018
Somtoto thanks for showing up,pls hw do i contact.i just sent u am email.pls reply ASAP
somtoto:
yea
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sodiamond: 5:52am On Apr 14, 2018
adeoladrg:
My name is Deola like my username says. I'm studying pharmacy presently in my 200 level at Olabisi Onabanjo University. Pharmacy school has been just neutral so far. But the experience I can't forget is when we had our first PCT practical.. As senior colleagues advised me to be familiar with my codex b4 the practical starts.. I think I had 1/10 in the practical, I didn't know if to cry or kee myself that day.. As time goes on, I'll share some others and I expect you to do so..

If you have intelligent pharmacy or drug related posts we can learn from too, we'll be glad to have them. U can also tell us what Uve been upto as concerns ASUU strike, I've learnt a whole lot during this period.. Cheers.
Can I study pharmacy at OOU with double sitting waec?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 7:32pm On Apr 14, 2018
sodiamond:

Can I study pharmacy at OOU with double sitting waec?

Yes sir
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sodiamond: 10:54pm On Apr 14, 2018
adeoladrg:

Yes sir
Thanks
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by RoyalPhoenix(m): 11:36am On Apr 15, 2018
Good morning everyone I'm an aspiring pharmacist, I did jamb this year and and chose unilag.

It feels sooooo good to be in d midst of you all. Hope I'm welcomed
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by RoyalPhoenix(m): 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2018
Jman06:
Biochem and Pharmacy are different worlds apart. Biochem is a research-based course aimed at studying the chemistry of a living system i.e the chemical make up of cells and how these chemicals interact at molecular level to bring about life.

Pharmacy on the other hand is the scientific study of the art of producing and dispensing drugs, as well as how drugs exert their effects on the living system, how the body affects the effects of drugs, and the various laws governing the manufacture, distribution, dispensing and administration of drugs.
Pharmacy is a professional course and upon graduation, the graduate pharmacist is licensed to become a custodian of drugs.
Biochemistry as a degree course is aimed primarily at producing researchers and teachers in the field.

In the labour market, Pharmacists have far better job opportunities because they are better trained and their licenses are highly sought after by any organization where drug-related activities take place.

Biochemistry graduates in Nigeria have little job opportunities because Nigeria has a poor research culture. Besides, at first degree level, the biochem graduate is highly deficient in knowledge of biochemistry, hence he/she is expected to proceed to do masters and PhD before he can be called a biochemist.
However, due to shortage of appropriate manpower, some industries may employ the biochemistry graduate to play certain roles e.g, in quality control labs of some pharmaceutical and food processing industries, some biochem graduates work alongside chemistry/industrial chemistry, microbiology and other science graduates to carry out quality analysis on products following SOPs. However, the pay is usually not much, hence many of them live unhappy lives(from my observation).

I'm a biochemistry graduate who is now studying pharmacy as a second degree, so I'm in a position to advise you on this topic.
sorry your your school allows change of course to higher courses? Everyone told me it's not possible that's why I haven't entered.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Jman06(m): 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2018
RoyalPhoenix:
sorry your your school allows change of course to higher courses? Everyone told me it's not possible that's why I haven't entered.
you can change but with a good CGPA and connections.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Scamtools: 6:36pm On Apr 15, 2018
SCAM TOOLS SHOP NOW OPEN FRESH

 Shells
 cPanel’s & WHM
 VPSs (Linux, Windows)
 Mailers
 SMTP Servers
 E-mails lists
 Cards (CC, Fullz)
 Methods/Tutorials
 Scripts
 Tools
 Scam Pages
 Tutorials
 Programs/Tools. Scripts
 Email Leads
 Software’s & Crackers, Bot, Virus, Trojan, Spy, more….

Accounts
 Bank Login, Netflix, PayPal, Shopping, Dating, Premium,
 Neteller
 eBay
 Amazon
 Walmart
 AliExpress
 Macys
 Dell
 Apple
 Costco
 Others
You can Request for Tools as well
We Also Trade Gift Cards
WhatsApp: +14695730198
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by RoyalPhoenix(m): 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2018
Jman06:
you can change but with a good CGPA and connections.
in all schools? Coz I'm going to unilag
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Jman06(m): 7:09pm On Apr 15, 2018
RoyalPhoenix:
I don't know about Unilag..I'm in Uniben
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by RoyalPhoenix(m): 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2018
Who can tell me about the course pharmacology? Is it a good course and is it similar to pharmacy?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Catalyst001(m): 8:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
RoyalPhoenix:
Who can tell me about the course pharmacology? Is it a good course and is it similar to pharmacy?
Pharmacology is a branch of pharmacy that study the effect of drugs to the body and how body reacts to drugs. Pharmacy as a whole comprises pharmacology, pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical chemistry, phytochemistry, forensics, pharmacognosy.

Pharmacy is the science of preparing, compounding and dispensing of medication . It is a health profession that links health sciences with chemical sciences and aims to ensure the safe and effective use of pharmaceutical drugs .it also includes more modern services related to health care , including clinical services, reviewing medications for safety and efficacy, and providing drug information.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by RoyalPhoenix(m): 8:46pm On Apr 17, 2018
Catalyst001:
Pharmacology is a branch of pharmacy that study the effect of drugs to the body and how body reacts to drugs. Pharmacy as a whole comprises pharmacology, pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical chemistry, phytochemistry, forensics, pharmacognosy.

Pharmacy is the science of preparing, compounding and dispensing of medication . It is a health profession that links health sciences with chemical sciences and aims to ensure the safe and effective use of pharmaceutical drugs .it also includes more modern services related to health care , including clinical services, reviewing medications for safety and efficacy, and providing drug information.
so here in Nigeria is it advisable to study pharmacology? And how is the employment opportunity
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 23, 2018
RoyalPhoenix:
crossing in college of medicine is almost impossible in unilag

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.