Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

IS Holiness A Mirage? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / IS Holiness A Mirage? (475 Views)

And What Is Holiness All About? Part 1 / OPINION: Is Holiness A Prerequisite For The Blessings And Grace Of God? / ''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IS Holiness A Mirage? by LordOrochimaru(m): 11:46am On Sep 25, 2013
Is holiness a mirage? Because with thousands of churches and mosques, wickedness and corruption abounds daily in Nigeria...it seems the more pastors preach, the more atrocities committed...the pastors and imams are not exempted either...what's your take?
Re: IS Holiness A Mirage? by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 25, 2013
That is right my oga,i have also wondered why but i came to realise that the moment you know that a thing is a sin,that is when the devil uses it to tempt you it is now up to you to know that you have to resist the devil:Knowlege brings the sin nearer and lack of knowledge makes the sin live in you

1 Like

Re: IS Holiness A Mirage? by Rhymeyjohn: 12:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
Holiness is not a mirage, but the power t linve holy is a mirage even in the lives of those who claim to be holy. If its impossible, God wont command to live holy.

1 Peter 1:15-16
But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
KJV

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Lost Faith? / How Should Family Devotion Be Done At Home? / Tupac To Return In 2014 As 'christ'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.