Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,612 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! (3479 Views)

I Don't Fall When Touched By My Church Pastor For Annoting / Pastor Ajanaku Is Dead (Christ-Revival Church Pastor) / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 8:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
Many times when we speak against payment of tithes some people mischievously think we are against giving, but as christians we know that 'love' and 'giving' are central values of our faith. The bible says, "for God so LOVEd the world that he GAVE...." jn3:16. So as beloved children, we should resemble our father by giving, especially those ppl that can nt pay us back.. So we are nt against giving, give money to Your church, BUT pls don't call/regard it as tithe. Why?..........TBC

2 Likes

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Joagbaje(m): 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2013
There are different kinds of givings in the church. Tithes ,offerings, seed, projects etc. they don't supplant the tithe or offering.

3 Likes

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:05pm On Sep 25, 2013
Na waa for this #Team_Don'tPayTithe O! sad
If you choose to stand against an eternal principle as tithe then every other giving is not necessary! undecided
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2013
Joagbaje:

There are different kinds of givings in the church. Tithes ,offerings, seed, projects etc. they don't supplant the tithe or offering.
Oga Joa, welcome sir, don't worry, permit me to conclud d OP then u show us ur types of givings in d word, especially 'first fruits'. Cheers.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Image123(m): 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2013
Hehehehehehehehe, another new revelation. Wetin we no go hear for nl.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2013
OP permit me to state my thought in brief. It is not offtopic but slightly off topic, lol, depending on how anyone reading this. I hope the'big names' on the religion section gets to read this. Thanks
!I'm just alarmed at the proliferation of threads in the religion section, bringing up the same topics, and the same arguments, over and over again. And soon, it might dawn that we might have been moving in a circle all along.
This is another thread on tithing, coming on the heels of tens(if not hundreds) of thread on a similar subject. The question is, is this necessary again? Kindly hear me out to the end.
We are here, arguing over what we've been arguing on for maybe a month? A year? God knows how long.
My thought is if anyone needed help on this topics, one can simply search for it using the key word. Now we all know that when a thread is open, suggestions on similar threads also come up. And this leaves the reader to keep reading and reading till he/she gets tired. I am even typing this from experience. I have tens of saved pages that i am yet to read on diverse topics. I have read and read before and i'm even tired of reading.
My concern here is, are we not focusing on the minors? Repeating the same doctrinal issues again and again that no one even gets to change his mind at the end. Is this what it means to teach? This section has taught me the difference between a theologian and a teacher. And just my thought, i think we have lots of theologians here and few teachers. That aside.
Let me share my major concerns. We are christians. We are to minister to the Lord, to ourselves, and to the world. Are we really ministering to believers here? Are we giving exhorting words? Can a believer say, thank God for the religion section, just when i needed help, i found a thread that helped me. I mean can a believer testify that anyone here has improved their practical personal life in Christ and not just doctrinal issues?
Can we hear a someone say i use to be a sinner, but a visit to the religion section changed my life and i encountered Christ on a thread on the religion section?
I fear the words of Leonard Ravenhill plays out here, who said, "those of us in the 'deeper life' are busy hunting mice while lions devour the land".
I did not say all this topics, are not crucial, but they lose importance when compared with some topics that are more important than it.
And though i cannot point out monikers, but i have read comments on NL that suggest that the faith of some have been wrecked. And while, there abound glorious opportunities to take advantage of for the benefit of the Kingdom, we sit in one corner of the thread, arguing while alot of decay goes on. God bless the believers that have taken it upon themselves to post evangelistic and (practical) exhorting/edifying threads.
I hope my post is seen as a sincere concern expressed freely here.
I hope this gets to someone, even though one, then this is worthwhile.
I hope this post will not be hidden, it bears my thought also as relating to the topic.
Shalom!

5 Likes

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
WHY YOU SHOULD NOT PAY TITHE. 1. You will b doing a wrong thing in a wrong way, ie u'd commiting sin. 2. You are not under the law but under grace. 3. From Genesis to Revelation there is no single verse where God commanded christians to pay tithe. 4. Christ, Peter, John, philip, Paul and all the apostles/early christians did nt pay or collect tithes, there's no record in all the letters where Paul reminded or asked d various churches to pay tithe. 5. When u pay tithe, it means u want to b justified by d law of Moses by so doing, u've rejected the death of Jesus, the bicle says, "you have fallen from grace.. Gal 5:1-4' to you Christ has not died, and u are still in your SINS. 6. When u pay tithe so dat God will pour u out a blessing from m window from heaven, it means, what Christ did at d cross was nt aderuate, so our tithe (money) is more VALUEABLE THAN THE BLOOD OF JESUS, U DON'T APPRECIATE ALL THE THINGS DAT GOD HAS FREELY GIVEN TO US BY JESUS, you are like Esau the profane man who God hated. So as a christian give to pastor/church/charity and all but pls never regard it as TITHE. Peace......concluded.

2 Likes

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Image123(m): 10:14pm On Sep 25, 2013
idnoble135: OP permit me to state my thought in brief. It is not offtopic but slightly off topic, lol, depending on how anyone reading this. I hope the'big names' on the religion section gets to read this. Thanks
!I'm just alarmed at the proliferation of threads in the religion section, bringing up the same topics, and the same arguments, over and over again. And soon, it might dawn that we might have been moving in a circle all along.
This is another thread on tithing, coming on the heels of tens(if not hundreds) of thread on a similar subject. The question is, is this necessary again? Kindly hear me out to the end.
We are here, arguing over what we've been arguing on for maybe a month? A year? God knows how long.
My thought is if anyone needed help on this topics, one can simply search for it using the key word. Now we all know that when a thread is open, suggestions on similar threads also come up. And this leaves the reader to keep reading and reading till he/she gets tired. I am even typing this from experience. I have tens of saved pages that i am yet to read on diverse topics. I have read and read before and i'm even tired of reading.
My concern here is, are we not focusing on the minors? Repeating the same doctrinal issues again and again that no one even gets to change his mind at the end. Is this what it means to teach? This section has taught me the difference between a theologian and a teacher. And just my thought, i think we have lots of theologians here and few teachers. That aside.
Let me share my major concerns. We are christians. We are to minister to the Lord, to ourselves, and to the world. Are we really ministering to believers here? Are we giving exhorting words? Can a believer say, thank God for the religion section, just when i needed help, i found a thread that helped me. I mean can a believer testify that anyone here has improved their practical personal life in Christ and not just doctrinal issues?
Can we hear a someone say i use to be a sinner, but a visit to the religion section changed my life and i encountered Christ on a thread on the religion section?
I fear the words of Leonard Ravenhill plays out here, who said, "those of us in the 'deeper life' are busy hunting mice while lions devour the land".
I did not say all this topics, are not crucial, but they lose importance when compared with some topics that are more important than it.
And though i cannot point out monikers, but i have read comments on NL that suggest that the faith of some have been wrecked. And while, there abound glorious opportunities to take advantage of for the benefit of the Kingdom, we sit in one corner of the thread, arguing while alot of decay goes on. God bless the believers that have taken it upon themselves to post evangelistic and (practical) exhorting/edifying threads.
I hope this post will not be hidden, it bears my thought also as relating to the topic.
Shalom!
Words. Unfortunately, these folks have no ear to hear.

1 Like

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Image123(m): 10:21pm On Sep 25, 2013
christemmbassey: WHY YOU SHOULD NOT PAY TITHE. 1. You will b doing a wrong thing in a wrong way, ie u'd commiting sin. 2. You are not under the law but under grace. 3. From Genesis to Revelation there is no single verse where God commanded christians to pay tithe. 4. Christ, Peter, John, philip, Paul and all the apostles/early christians did nt pay or collect tithes, there's no record in all the letters where Paul reminded or asked d various churches to pay tithe. 5. When u pay tithe, it means u want to b justified by d law of Moses by so doing, u've rejected the death of Jesus, the bicle says, "you have fallen from grace.. Gal 5:1-4' to you Christ has not died, and u are still in your SINS. 6. When u pay tithe so dat God will pour u out a blessing from m window from heaven, it means, what Christ did at d cross was nt aderuate, so our tithe (money) is more VALUEABLE THAN THE BLOOD OF JESUS, U DON'T APPRECIATE ALL THE THINGS DAT GOD HAS FREELY GIVEN TO US BY JESUS, you are like Esau the profane man who God hated. So as a christian give to pastor/church/charity and all but pls never regard it as TITHE. Peace......concluded.
DEBOOOOOOOO, hope you can read the first line? This is the view of most antitithers here BTW, not the lip service they were paying in Ola's thread.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 10:33pm On Sep 25, 2013
idnoble135: OP permit me to state my thought in brief. It is not offtopic but slightly off topic, lol, depending on how anyone reading this. I hope the'big names' on the religion section gets to read this. Thanks
Shalom!
thank u bro, ur points are valid and noted. If i may ask sir, how many pastors/churches preach Christ, salvation, love, n other true christian values, when u put nn ur tv and a pastor is preaching, b honest, what do u hear? Is it nt money, money and money? Do u realise d havoc tithe fraud has wreck on lives? Do u realize how many that have lost their faith bc of tithe n d failure of Malachi 3:10? Do u know dat ppl commit crime n use tithe to cleanse their conscience? (afterall i've given God his share) do think few hundreds of tithe threads are enough to undo centuries of this fraud? No bro, we need more. God bless

4 Likes

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
christemmbassey: thank u bro, ur points are valid and noted. If i may ask sir, how many pastors/churches preach Christ, salvation, love, n other true christian values, when u put nn ur tv and a pastor is preaching, b honest, what do u hear? Is it nt money, money and money? Do u realise d havoc tithe fraud has wreck on lives? Do u realize how many that have lost their faith bc of tithe n d failure of Malachi 3:10? Do u know dat ppl commit crime n use tithe to cleanse their conscience? (afterall i've given God his share) do think few hundreds of tithe threads are enough to undo centuries of this fraud? No bro, we need more. God bless
No sir. I hear teachings on the spiritual life. Thats what even the apostles taught. Acts 5:20

1 Like

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by tobechi74: 10:56pm On Sep 25, 2013
K call it " PASTORTITHE "
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Zikkyy(m): 8:43am On Sep 26, 2013
christemmbassey:
thank u bro, ur points are valid and noted. If i may ask sir, how many pastors/churches preach Christ, salvation, love, n other true christian values, when u put nn ur tv and a pastor is preaching, b honest, what do u hear? Is it nt money, money and money? Do u realise d havoc tithe fraud has wreck on lives? Do u realize how many that have lost their faith bc of tithe n d failure of Malachi 3:10? Do u know dat ppl commit crime n use tithe to cleanse their conscience? (afterall i've given God his share) do think few hundreds of tithe threads are enough to undo centuries of this fraud? No bro, we need more. God bless

my thoughts as well. if you are fighting a cause you don't post a thread or two and go back to bed.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Zikkyy(m): 8:51am On Sep 26, 2013
idnoble135:
OP permit me to state my thought in brief. It is not offtopic but slightly off topic, lol, depending on how anyone reading this. I hope the'big names' on the religion section gets to read this. Thanks
Shalom!

If Seun is not complaining, i don't see why you should. It's not compulsory you read all threads. I don't think have done more than 10% of the threads in the Religion section. Unless you are indirectly fighting the anti-tithe message, this should not be a concern to you or anybody. There are lots of tithers/Christians that don't even open the tithe threads. If you feel you are not getting enough of the word to further strengthen your faith, please visit a church.

1 Like

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by PastorKun(m): 9:03am On Sep 26, 2013
Kenny4lyfe: Na waa for this #Team_Don'tPayTithe O! sad
If you choose to stand against an eternal principle as tithe then every other giving is not necessary! undecided

And since when did tithe become an eternal principle Kindly show us with biblical reference.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Candour(m): 9:04am On Sep 26, 2013
Image123:
DEBOOOOOOOO, hope you can read the first line? This is the view of most antitithers here BTW, not the lip service they were paying in Ola's thread.

Pls don't generalise. How many opinions have you sampled? Is paying tithe of prayers, praise and time also your practice as said by one of my tithe paying brothers?

I do not see it as sin but as burdensome legalism and self righteousness
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Zikkyy(m): 9:09am On Sep 26, 2013
Image123:

Leave Debo out of this matter.

But i don't see why you are complaining, if you are happy seeing/hearing a pastor teach "why we should pay tithe" i don't see why it will be wrong for another pastor to teach "why you should not pay tithe", abi? The ideal thing is for parties involved to stop talking about tithe (for or against), but i don't see that happening. The anti-tithe crew are using NL as a platform to spread their gospel just as tithe loving pastors uses other media to spread theirs. even Joagbaje tried using NL to spread CE version of prosperity gospel some time back, but had to slow down after some 'constructive bashing' grin am sure christemmbassy will slow down on his anti-tithe sermon if you are able to dish out similar treatment. Debo will not help you.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Joagbaje(m): 9:20am On Sep 26, 2013
Zikkyy:
. even Joagbaje tried using NL to spread CE version of prosperity gospel some time back, but had to slow down after some 'constructive bashing' grin.

I don't preach prosperity , I preach the gospel. And prosperity is a vital part of the gospel . I never opened any thread on prosperity . It's you guys who try to label me property preacher. Because I give you holyghost bashing on any thread that projects. Sufferings and poverty for Christians . And I have not changed at all its the poverty preachers that stopped .

2 Likes

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 26, 2013
Zikkyy:

If Seun is not complaining, i don't see why you should. It's not compulsory you read all threads. I don't think have done more than 10% of the threads in the Religion section. Unless you are indirectly fighting the anti-tithe message, this should not be a concern to you or anybody. There are lots of tithers/Christians that don't even open the tithe threads. If you feel you are not getting enough of the word to further strengthen your faith, please visit a church.
lol, its not a complain, its an observation. I did not expect every one to share the same view with me.
Its well. You can continue pls, i'm not forcing my thought on anyone. My earlier post does not need explanation.
Let those who feel it is a wake up call to them take advantage of it.
And to add, i get enough of the word, or better still, abundance of the word.
May we live with eternal priorities and values in view.
Shallom.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 10:19am On Sep 26, 2013
@Noble i realy undastand ur concerns n they are my tots also, i mean, preaching the 'gospel' of Christ, but my bro, if can appreciate the damaging effect of tithe gospel, u'll agree with me, that we need to open at least 10 threads on tithe daily. Smtime ago we wanted to open a worship center, n we went arround inviting ppl, our neighbours from workshops etc, i was suprised dat instead of making out time to attend d meetings, many were only ready to pay tithe/sow seeds for God to bkess their business, these are ppl who molest small girls/maried women and commit all manner of attrocities in their various workshops. One actuary walk up to me one while sharing d word, instead of siting down, he droped money on d pulpit, i had to call him back n respectfuly explain dat we don't colect monies in our fellowships. In a church close to my house, a pastor drove out an evangelist out of her compound, who was escaping from some cult group, bc according to her, d holy ghost revealed to her dat d evangelist did nt pay his correct tithe d previous month, n it took d intervention of unbelievers for dat evangelist to b qescued. Do u know dat its bc of tithe dat nigeria continue to b a consuming nation while China keeps producing new products every day. An average naija christian with all dat God has put inside him, is waiting/praying for God to kill another person, n collect/transfer house, car, husband, love, peace, coys, positions, anointings, jets, etc etc to him. Is dat life? Why are young ppl unable to get married even when they are ready? Tithe records, why are pastors telling lies on d pulpit? Bc of tithe, why are ppl nt afraid of God when they commit sin/crimes? Tithe ofcourse, eg d man who scamed Bayelsa and paid part of d money to church as tithe bnd said "after all i've paid God his share". Bros d tithe fraudstars are nt svowing down on preaching tithe, why should we? Infact, we have more grounds to cover . Peace.

1 Like

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Gombs(m): 10:21am On Sep 26, 2013
...Another tithe thread...

Why is it that anti tithers are the ones opening thread upon thread trying to disseminate their ideology of no to tithes?

I ask again if tithes have been done away with what of offerings?

And for you to teach prosperity which is in d gospel, you wud have first taught about salvation. Properity in the Gospel of Christ is for the saved (you get prosperity from hearing by the word of God and applying his principles of receiving). And hey, we can't keep dwelling on one thing all the time...imagine if you go to church every time and all the preacher has to say is damnation for sinners and hell and sin, whereas their is things in God that shd be taught to move the gospel faster.

Hebrews 6
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Therefore let us go on and get past the elementary
stage in the teachings and doctrine of Christ (the
Messiah), advancing steadily toward the completeness and perfection that belong to spiritual maturity. Let us not again be laying the foundation of repentance and abandonment of dead works (dead formalism) and of the faith [by which you turned] to God,
2 With teachings about purifying, the laying on of hands, the resurrection from the dead, and eternal judgment and punishment. [These are all matters of which you should have been fully aware long, long ago.]
3 If indeed God permits, we will [now] proceed [to
advanced teaching].

We shouldn't be dwelling on tithing issues all d time, if you don't want to tithe, fine...if you want to fine. We should be discussing mysteries and secrets in the bible for edification of the spirit man.

My opinion sha

2 Likes

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2013
Candour:

Pls don't generalise. How many opinions have you sampled? Is paying tithe of prayers, praise and time also your practice as said by one of my tithe paying brothers?

bros why d shyness? When u carry tithe dat u supposed to pay to a levite and give to a Yoruba, Igbo, Bini or Warri or a Calabar man, is dat nt against d law of Moses dat commands tithe? Even Abram gave directly to Melchi. You carry levite tithe n give to a none -levite, bros, both d giver n d taker av commited SIN, CALL A SPADE, 'A SPADE'.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 26, 2013
@christembassy, very well but did you notice the whole concept of your post? Open ten threads on tithing?
See bro, there were issues with the implementation of the law of Moses, Christ did not spend ALL his time trying to point them out. He spoke the gospel.
See, there might be a fault but you see, sometimes, the more you focus on the fault and trying to solve it, the more it expands.
What is might point, rather than using ALL the time on tithe or not, provide the right atmosphere and the people who you are trying to convince will naturally(of their own volition/by the Spirit of God) see the truth in stages.
My post in brief, when the major things are in place, the minor things will fall into place.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Candour(m): 10:42am On Sep 26, 2013
christemmbassey: bros why d shyness? When u carry tithe dat u supposed to pay to a levite and give to a Yoruba, Igbo, Bini or Warri or a Calabar man, is dat nt against d law of Moses dat commands tithe? Even Abram gave directly to Melchi. You carry levite tithe n give to a none -levite, bros, both d giver n d taker av commited SIN, CALL A SPADE, 'A SPADE'.

grin

Not shyness bro. You and I know all Christians are saved by grace and not by keeping mosaic law. No one gives tithe today if we have to do justice to the definition in the Bible. However calling it sin makes it look like we are living by the laws of Moses which is not true.

Even folks who wish to go back to Moses shall be stopped by God's grace grin

1 Like

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Zikkyy(m): 10:47am On Sep 26, 2013
Joagbaje:
It's you guys who try to label me property preacher. Because I give you holyghost bashing on any thread that projects. Sufferings and poverty for Christians .

Lol! good to see you still have a sense of humor grin

Joagbaje:
And I have not changed at all its the poverty preachers that stopped .

you have not changed? the topics you start these days say otherwise o! am sure you screen your sermons for 'bash-able' content before posting grin
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 26, 2013
Candour:

Some people are quick to judge or condemn what they don't and never will understand.For me the word of God is not a formula but an act of faith,i see tithing as such and please best be careful to condemn others on principles you don't agree with simply because you do not understand it. Let the Holy Ghost be the judge of my actions .God bless you.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 26, 2013
Gombs: ...Another tithe thread...

Why is it that anti tithers are the ones opening thread upon thread trying to disseminate their ideology of no to tithes?

I ask again if tithes have been done away with what of offerings?

And for you to teach prosperity which is in d gospel, you wud have first taught about salvation. Properity in the Gospel of Christ is for the saved (you get prosperity from hearing by the word of God and applying his principles of receiving). And hey, we can't keep dwelling on one thing all the time...imagine if you go to church every time and all the preacher has to say is damnation for sinners and hell and sin, whereas their is things in God that shd be taught to move the gospel faster.

Hebrews 6
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Therefore let us go on and get past the elementary
stage in the teachings and doctrine of Christ (the
Messiah), advancing steadily toward the completeness and perfection that belong to spiritual maturity. Let us not again be laying the foundation of repentance and abandonment of dead works (dead formalism) and of the faith [by which you turned] to God,
2 With teachings about purifying, the laying on of hands, the resurrection from the dead, and eternal judgment and punishment. [These are all matters of which you should have been fully aware long, long ago.]
3 If indeed God permits, we will [now] proceed [to
advanced teaching].

Despite our best effort, the bible will be twisted and contorted to the doctrine of the sons of belial. Our just is to make the true undiluted word available and not be writing the Acts of the Sons of Belial for them by complaining too much

We shouldn't be dwelling on tithing issues all d time, if you don't want to tithe, fine...if you want to fine. We should be discussing mysteries and secrets in the bible for edification of the spirit man.

My opinion sha
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 11:10am On Sep 26, 2013
idnoble135: @christembassy, very well but did you notice the whole concept of your post? Open ten threads on tithing?
See bro, there were issues with the implementation of the law of Moses, Christ did not spend ALL his time trying to point them out. He spoke the gospel.
See, there might be a fault but you see, sometimes, the more you focus on the fault and trying to solve it, the more it expands.
What is might point, rather than using ALL the time on tithe or not, provide the right atmosphere and the people who you are trying to convince will naturally(of their own volition/by the Spirit of God) see the truth in stages.
My post in brief, when the major things are in place, the minor things will fall into place.
i agree. But bro, why isd church in nigeria like this? Is it bc we open too much anti-tithe threads on Nl? Why is every church burying humans b4 puting up a building, why are christians d worst/most currupt leaders in govt. Why must ppl continue to steal money n give to church n d pastors shamelessly hold on to d money n refuse to return? It greed, and tithe is d main oga. As we open more n more threads on this tithe fraud, we hope more will b set free including d tithe collectors. Finally, ave u notice the shifting of ground by d pro-tithe group in Nl? Today they accept at least in principle, that tithe should nt b forced on ppl(only God knows wether this is what they say in their churches) but dat was nt what they said in d begining. Why? Bc, these anti tithe thread have exposed d truth and force them to slow down, so bro, go ahead and open threads on other christian values, n i'll join u, but for tithe fraud n it damaging effects, NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER! God bless u, sir.

2 Likes

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Candour(m): 11:13am On Sep 26, 2013
Bidam: Some people are quick to judge or condemn what they don't and never will understand.For me the word of God is not a formula but an act of faith,i see tithing as such and please best be careful to condemn others on principles you don't agree with simply because you do not understand it. Let the Holy Ghost be the judge of my actions .God bless you.

Bidam, pls understand my point. Image tried to hang Christemmbassey's position on most against tithe and I brought in your example to show there are different beliefs. Where did I condemn your practice there?

Pls don't make my post say what I didn't say
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by christemmbassey(m): 11:17am On Sep 26, 2013
Bidam: Some people are quick to judge or condemn what they don't and never will understand.For me the word of God is not a formula but an act of faith,i see tithing as such and please best be careful to condemn others on principles you don't agree with simply because you do not understand it. Let the Holy Ghost be the judge of my actions .God bless you.
its a fun to see tithe collectors on the defensive! Ah what a sweet feeling. Bidam, ok we've seen a sign of repentance, we will see what we can do.
Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 26, 2013
christemmbassey: i agree. But bro, why isd church in nigeria like this? Is it bc we open too much anti-tithe threads on Nl? Why is every church burying humans b4 puting up a building, why are christians d worst/most currupt leaders in govt. Why must ppl continue to steal money n give to church n d pastors shamelessly hold on to d money n refuse to return? It greed, and tithe is d main oga. As we open more n more threads on this tithe fraud, we hope more will b set free including d tithe collectors. Finally, ave u notice the shifting of ground by d pro-tithe group in Nl? Today they accept at least in principle, that tithe should nt b forced on ppl(only God knows wether this is what they say in their churches) but dat was nt what they said in d begining. Why? Bc, these anti tithe thread have exposed d truth and force them to slow down, so bro, go ahead and open threads on other christian values, n i'll join u, but for tithe fraud n it damaging effects, NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER! God bless u, sir.
Tithe is not the cause of the national rot. The natural decay exists because
a)Things like this are bound to happen because the majority of leaders are those without Christ.
b) Believers are not shining their lights.
But you ride on with the crusade since you want to.
God is your strength.

1 Like

Re: Give Money To Ur Church/pastor But Don't Call it TITHE! by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 26, 2013
christemmbassey: i agree. But bro, why isd church in nigeria like this? Is it bc we open too much anti-tithe threads on Nl? Why is every church burying humans b4 puting up a building, why are christians d worst/most currupt leaders in govt. Why must ppl continue to steal money n give to church n d pastors shamelessly hold on to d money n refuse to return? It greed, and tithe is d main oga. As we open more n more threads on this tithe fraud, we hope more will b set free including d tithe collectors. Finally, ave u notice the shifting of ground by d pro-tithe group in Nl? Today they accept at least in principle, that tithe should nt b forced on ppl(only God knows wether this is what they say in their churches) but dat was nt what they said in d begining. Why? Bc, these anti tithe thread have exposed d truth and force them to slow down, so bro, go ahead and open threads on other christian values, n i'll join u, but for tithe fraud n it damaging effects, NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER! God bless u, sir.

Please read the history of the church and christianiity, and more precisely the the history of the roman catholic church. Fact is that the name of jesus has and will continue to be used for monetary gain legitimately.

The real question is where do you stand because the lord knows those that are his. Read the letter to the churches in revelation. Jesus us not confused, dont be confused too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Attending University Is Lack Of Faith Says Jehovah's Witnesses Gov Body / Holy Mary Or Subtle Demon? / ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.