Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History (6805 Views)

THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 / Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women / Yoruba Women Vs Igbo Women: Who De Fat Pass? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by somal: 5:12am On Sep 26, 2013
if whites were not in west africa you guys would be walking around naked.

While somalis were walking around with clothes and part of cushitic race creating empires and controlling egypt and southern arabia

Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 26, 2013
What are you insinuating Mr?
Do you mean to say you guys are superior to Nigerian women?
Well I'm afraid to burst your bubble because it wouldn't be hurt to say you're dreaming. You know that.
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by PAPAAFRICA: 6:33am On Sep 26, 2013
What were Somalis wearing before the introduction of a Abrahamic religion?
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2013
Why do Nairalanders still indulge this childlish, prattling Somali fella? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by somal: 12:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: What were Somalis wearing before the introduction of a Abrahamic religion?

this. which we still wear. Only now for religous purposes women cover their hair and arms.

Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by TerryCarr(m): 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
somal: if whites were not in west africa you guys would be walking around naked.

While somalis were walking around with clothes and part of cushitic race creating empires and controlling egypt and southern arabia
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by PAPAAFRICA: 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
somal:

this. which we still wear. Only now for religous purposes women cover their hair and arms.
Prove It.
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by somal: 2:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: Prove It.

what do you mean prove it, no other people wear it but us.

Arabs dont wear it, Ethiopians dont wear it, who else wears this?

Ethiopians dont wear it, only somalis do. Only cause of islam now the women cover their hair and arms.

Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by somal: 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
Again, you can see it is across clan lines, All somali clans wear this. Its something somalis wear and no other group wears. Even the colors are the same that we wear it in.

Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by PAPAAFRICA: 2:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
No dice, show me clothing before Christianity or Islam.
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by TerryCarr(m): 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: No dice, show me clothing before Christianity or Islam.
Somalis been Muslim since the 800's
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by olumidaie(m): 3:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
Proudly YORUBA
proudly NUPE
proudly HAUSA
proudly BINI
proudly FULA

thank GOD were wearing cloth before them. Read about this books by missionaries

in Africa jungle and forest by R.H. Stone

Military in 19th century Yoruba land by Robert Sydney Smith.

They all have all in common; Yoruba were civilised, wore cloths, bathed daily, and they were the highest urbanisation rate in Africa, higher than USA: thanks to the intra-tribal Yoruba wars.

Thanks to the Hausa and the Sahelian races that gave us AGBADA or flowing male robes THOUGH WE HAD OUR BUBA that was smaller or Lap reaching size and short sleeve; thanks to the Yoruba that gave Hausa GELE or headgear.

Proudly W. Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by somal: 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: No dice, show me clothing before Christianity or Islam.

first of all somalis were never christian. and somalis have been muslim for 1,300 years.

and no other group wears our clothing, so its indegenous to us.

Ethiopians dont even wear our clothing, and the clothing is indegenous and was adapted to the climate.
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by PAPAAFRICA: 4:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
somal:

first of all somalis were never christian. and somalis have been muslim for 1,300 years.

and no other group wears our clothing, so its indegenous to us.

Ethiopians dont even wear our clothing, and the clothing is indegenous and was adapted to the climate.
so while Somalis were apart of Ethiopia you were not Christians? What were you?
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by somal: 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: so while Somalis were apart of Ethiopia you were not Christians? What were you?

we worshipped Waq. Ethiopians like the amahara and tigrey were christians. the vast majority of cushitics worshiped waq. Thats why in somalia their is a city called cabudwaq. which literally translates to 'worship waq'

Waq is a crow, the word for crow in somali is tuke, which is the word for pray today.

many of the people worshiped this crow creature even in ancient egypt

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by PAPAAFRICA: 7:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
So not fully clothed. NEXT!
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by somal: 7:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: So not fully clothed. NEXT!

what you mean? somalis are clothed.
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by PAPAAFRICA: 7:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
Give me proof they were fully clothed before an abrahamic faith.
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by PAPAAFRICA: 7:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by somal: 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: Give me proof they were fully clothed before an abrahamic faith.

dude no other people wear our clothes. their are no photos of somalis back then, cameras came into existance 100 years ago.

but you guys have nude people walking around in the bush right now as we speak.

enjoy this somali song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXSTJvl-3Ss
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by PAPAAFRICA: 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2013
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by PAPAAFRICA: 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2013
somal:

dude no other people wear our clothes. their are no photos of somalis back then, cameras came into existance 100 years ago.

but you guys have nude people walking around in the bush right now as we speak.

enjoy this somali song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXSTJvl-3Ss
but I have proof of pagan Yorubas from west Africa. NEXT.
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by somal: 7:25pm On Sep 26, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: Yorubas
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1163102_image_archive_181_jpege89e5d0415997d6cc5727fa9b501e07b

lol, you got a painting lol

compare how they dress

Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by PAPAAFRICA: 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by somal: 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
This is what you call pride

Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by PAPAAFRICA: 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
somal:

lol, you got a painting lol

compare how they dress
its a portrait from around the same time those other pictures were taken. Come on now, no excuses.
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by somal: 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: its a portrait from around the same time those other pictures were taken. Come on now, no excuses.

lol, come on bro.

Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by PAPAAFRICA: 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by somal: 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: Here's a picture wise guy.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1163121_image_archive_137_jpeg77530415e73b278eeb3c4d5452b18920

please tell me they dont look ugly, come on son? be honest, do they look like human beings to you, am asking this as an african their is no white man here watching. Just tell me with straight face that those people are not ugly shocked
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by PAPAAFRICA: 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2013
somal:

please tell me they dont look ugly, come on son? be honest, do they look like human beings to you, am asking this as an african their is no white man here watching. Just tell me with straight face that those people are not ugly shocked
hey there wiz, this is about the clothing!
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by PAPAAFRICA: 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
Re: Nigerian Women Vs Somali Women In History by somal: 7:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: Yoruba pants
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1163110_image_archive_182_jpegffdee6e0ffffb6c7e0910224a75f51de

the middle picture looks like someone took a shid in the pants

(1) (2) (Reply)

History: Why The Great Queen Iden Of Benin Kingdom Was Buried Alive / Somali Vs Ethiopian Female Pilots / I See Many Parallels Between Igbos And Kikuyus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.