Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 (153167 Views)

Nigeria Vs Iran: Fifa U17 WC (4 - 1) On 29th October 2013 / Nigeria Vs Iraq: FIFA U-17 World Cup (5 - 0) On 25th October 2013 / Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Bitojoe(m): 9:06pm On Oct 09, 2013
I hope ideye will be on the bench...
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by GreyBlood: 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2013
As ait will not televise the match, abeg which local channel will? undecided
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by iGeneral: 6:07am On Oct 10, 2013
Grey Blood: As ait will not televise the match, abeg which local channel will? undecided
No local station will transmit the match. Not even supersport. Watch online.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Aringarosa(m): 7:47am On Oct 10, 2013
I'll be reporting live from inside the Addis-Abeba stadium with my tablet, this is for those that would not be having an opportunity to watch it live.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by cemeteryh(m): 9:44am On Oct 10, 2013
gudluck naija,nd 1 more tin dia woman go be wahala 4 naija players.distractn,dos gals fine die...wow! go eagles joor
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by bizibrain(m): 11:47am On Oct 10, 2013
DrKlever: I fear for Nigeria. These Ethiopians have been training for a long time now. No even ignoring the effect of high altitute. The super eagles should play a very slow, broing nd tactical soccer else the rest would be stories.
I love dere tactic nw, dey play a slow tactical game,aginst spain dey cool down d way spain wanna play a fast scoring game by passing constantly 2 enyeama, but dey usually pick wen dey c a clear chance @ d wing, mostly from ambrose from d back 2 onazi and finaly 2 moses who usually suceed in producing a cross.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by bizibrain(m): 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2013
Here is d charcteristic of some of super eagle player

EMENIKE- Very good and commited striker, always scoring goal from almost every chances , very good @ shooting and courageous.Aa a physical effect on its opponent

MUSA- very wonderful winger,good pace, good in creating assit, very confidence but av a very poor goal finishing,lack goal experience and nt 2 knowledgeable, loose majority of 1v1 goals.

MOSES-hmm, an excellent wing wizzard/dribbler very excellent in creating a cross, excellent pace, a big game-man maker, good in creating assits and above all, has an incredible speed wen moving from center mid right 2 forward wing.

IDEYE- Very good @ assiting Emenike, as a very poor goal finishing and lack goal experience.

SUNDAY MBA- As a very poor first touch, U enjoy is game wen he his in full form, as an excellent speed from mid-field 2 forward, an accurate goal targeting and a wonderful attacking tactic.

MIKEL- Badoo of life, best of d best, av an excellent pass accuracy, aggressive, u wont go free if u dribble him,excellent connection from defence mid field 2 center right and left 2 forward.Very brave and courageous, as an excellent goal senses but nt luky in scoring goals, he only produce assit most of d tym.

ONAZI- wao Pastor T.B joshua man, believe in prophet, courageous and a big game man-maker

OGUDU- Hmm an average player, plays a rough game with is look, but kinda good in mid-field

EFE AMBROSE-D best in overlapping, very good @ defence, u will never go tru him rather he will b given card.He has an excellent move from defence right 2 attacking forward right(4ward wing). Courageous and a tough tackling.

OMERUO- Better than yobo, tough tackling full back, an excellent defender, and a good pass acuracy (but I tink he is nt among d 23)

OBAOBONA-Very Good combination with omeruo , a good tough tackling full back.

ENYEAMA- Best keeper in Africa 2013, an average agility, courageous and brave shot stopper.Even lionel messi respected him in 2010 wen he saves majority of messi's shot

SUPER EAGLE-A team with lot of great player dat play with dexterity and pride, she should b among d best in d world but her player lack accuracy, loose more goals dan she score.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Horus(m): 9:33pm On Oct 10, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a89QPwkEsZk

[size=15pt]Nigeria ready to face Ethiopia in World Cup qualifications[/size]
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by isalegan2: 3:26am On Oct 11, 2013
Maximus17: Like I've always said..... That day na double double celebration 4 me
oo,Nigeria's Victory and My Birthday jolification

I hope it's a good day for you o, with no bad memories. Must we win both legs to qualify?

Aringarosa: I'll be reporting live from inside the Addis-Abeba stadium with my tablet, this is for those that would not be having an opportunity to watch it live.

Nice.

Tonylyte: Bleep' it, i'mma first class nigerian-dude(my mama na naija, my papa na naija) i rep super-eagle till panadol cure aids......

grin grin grin cheesy

timilehin007: Jokes apart, am serious we will beat dem home and abroad I no wan kn wetin wan happen, if we no win dz people ehn, make una come kill me.

grin grin shocked
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by write2obi(m): 7:09am On Oct 11, 2013
Emmysteve: The only magic that would see us through is scoring atleast alone goal in the first leg.
I don't think we need that
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Kudanis(m): 10:11am On Oct 11, 2013
Are you people not worried that most of the Super Eagles players are regulars at their clubs. Oboabona has not played a single game since he moved to Turkey while Yobo has been playing constantly.

Emmanuel Emenike plays for his new Turkish club but not as regular as when he was with Spartak Moscow, Russia.

To cut the story short there are many of them not playing but I won't mention their names. Won't they be match rusty? Just training isn't enough. They have to be match-fit.

On the other hand, the Ethiopians have been in camp for a while now. The Ethiopians also qualify for this stage even after FIFA deduct 3 points from them. That's to tell us they are in for serious business. Irrespective of how good or prepared in the business I see Super Eagles of Nigeria triumph over the Antelope of Ethiopia on both legs.

Anyways, I want us (Nigeria) to qualify. I wish them (Super Eagles) goodluck.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by sweetiePe(f): 11:02am On Oct 11, 2013
Nwanu slays NFF on travel arrangement but urges Super Eagles to beat Walyas Antelopes

Former Super Eagles' defender, Chidi Nwanu has faulted the decision of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to airlift the country's senior national team to Ethiopia 24 hours ahead of the first leg of the 2014 FIFA World Cup play-off against the Walya Antelopes scheduled for Sunday at 2pm (Nigeria Time).

The Eagles will battle the high altitude and a bumpy pitch in Addis Ababa and to reduce the effect on the team, the NFF stated that the players would hit the East African nation on Saturday a day before the all-important qualifier billed for Sunday.

The Football House had arranged for the Eagles to train at Abuja for about four days before the team would storm Ethiopia for the game.

In a chat with Goal from Belgium, Nwanu expressed his reservations about the travel plans of the NFF for the Eagles and said that the team might struggle to cope with the weather condition in Addis Ababa.

He stressed that the best option would have been for the NFF to arrange for the players to get to the match venue at least a few days before the clash so as to properly acclimatise.

"I still don't understand the reason why the team will be leaving for Ethiopia 24 hours to a crucial match such as this World Cup qualifier.

“The best option for the Eagles would have been to arrive Addis Ababa few days to the game so as to get used to the weather and other unpalatable conditions.

"It is not a good decision by the NFF to have the players in Ethiopia on Saturday when the game is fixed for Sunday.

“When will they have a feel of the turf and what impact will the weather have on them,” the defender who graced the 1994 World Cup asked.

“Shabby programme and lack of adequate preparation will be of no good to Nigeria. We need to do more to get the desired result. When there is no labour, there is no sweet,” he added.

The former Beveren and Anderlecht's defender however affirmed that the Eagles should be able to hold their own and get a decent result in Addis Ababa before finishing up the job at home during the second leg.

He encouraged the Eagles' players to be focused and play the game of their lives in Addis Ababa so as to brighten their World Cup qualification chances.

"I however know that Nigeria's players always rise up to the occasion when least expected. I am tipping the Eagles to get a good result in Addis Ababa and then wrap up the proceedings when the Ethiopians visit us in Nigeria.

"I want to tell them to stick together and they should close their eyes and play their best. They should let the ball do the running and ensure that they conserve their energies for the latter part of the encounter," Nwanu concluded.

Nwanu, who hails from Aboh Mbaise, Imo State retired from football in 1998 with RKC Waalwijk in Holland and he won 20 caps for Nigeria. He was part of the squads for the 1994 FIFA World Cup and the 1988 Summer Olympics and is now a pastor in Antwerp, Belgium.

More>>>www.rosyside.com/discussion.htm

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by sweetiePe(f): 11:06am On Oct 11, 2013
Three key battles that could define the Ethiopia versus Nigeria clash in Addis Ababa

OGENYI ONAZI V MENYAHEL TESHOME

The real orchestrator for the Antelopes is the 27-year-old Saint George midfielder, Menyahel Teshome. Teshome is very nimble and also very mobile and scored the goal that qualified the Antelopes for this match.

Onazi on the other hand is the engine of the Eagles and is tireless whether marking opponents or trying to open tight defences from deep and he also scores the odd goal. The more energetic of these two players will win the midfield battle.

MIKEL OBI v ADANE GIRMA

Adane Girma (pictured above) is another product of Saint George and likes to float between the lines of midfield and attack where Mikel Obi also likes to operate. But it being an away match, Mikel has to restrict his attacking tendencies as he does at Chelsea to help Onazi win the midfield battle.

Also Mikel is needed to slow the game down to negate the effects of altitude on the team. Girma will be hoping to draw the Eagles talisman away from that area so as to help create one-on-one situations between Onazi and Teshome.

GODFREY OBOABONA v SALADIN SAID

The Wad Degla striker likes to make his runs from the Left wing thereby catching the last central defender on the turn that is Oboabona, who has not played so much football since he joined Turkish side Caykur Rizespor.

Oboabona must be very sharp and wary of these runs or make sure that the right back should always be on the lookout for these runs. Saladin showed a bit of what he can do at the last Nations Cup where naivety proved the undoing of him and the whole team.

Now more experienced, he will be a more consistent performer and will raise the stakes in this first leg.

Also Read: Nwanu slays NFF on travel arrangement but urges Super Eagles to beat Walyas Antelopes

More>>>www.rosyside.com/discussion.htm
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by nerodenero: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
Guseh: Wow.. Its on Sunday! Sure of atleast 1 goal from Sunday Mba. Up Super Eagle
I think Sunday has lost the sunday surprise package.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by sCun: 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
i-General:

Super sport 9 will show the match live you prat!
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by koretlinkz: 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
Hmmm!

Full Bedspace...
I no wan drag this bed with anybody oooooooh!
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Lordave: 1:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
i-General:

Thank god for aljazeera
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by adultdesigner: 2:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
leatherman: i herd that mikel obe scored his first primary leage goal. is it true? shocked
than[color=]
leatherman: i herd that mikel obe scored his first primary leage goal. is it true? shocked
than[/color]
thank God that 9ja don get many strickers now like,ASUU strike,DOCTORS strike,POLiCE strike.LABOUR strike will be ready b4 the match.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by adultdesigner: 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
[/color]
than[color=]
than
thank God that 9ja don get many strickers now like,ASUU strike,DOCTORS strike,POLiCE strike.LABOUR strike will be ready b4 the match.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Presbulg(m): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
Must win match so as to make the 2nd leg just a formality.
Go Eagles Go
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by ceeceeco: 2:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
My Top 5 African Teams That Will Qualify For BRAZIL 2014 WORLD CUP; Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroun, Algeria.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 12, 2013
@op, the match time na 12pm Naija time and 2pm Ethiopia time. Roja
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 12, 2013
Ethiopia1-2 Nigeria...can't wait.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by sweetiePe(f): 11:09am On Oct 12, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by justplainpaul(m): 11:34am On Oct 12, 2013
Premier league match no dey today?

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by BekeeBuAgbara: 11:53am On Oct 12, 2013
big deal 007: @op, the match time na 12pm Naija time and 2pm Ethiopia time. Roja
The op is right, it's 4pm Ethiopia time, 2pm Nigeria time. You can check CAF website.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 by Adonis4u: 11:53am On Oct 12, 2013
Abeg o! I don come again o!...Please I need link to watch the match online o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (88) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Tunisia AFCON 2021.Round-of-16: (0 - 1) On 23rd January 2022 / Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 / Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.