Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,599 members, 7,955,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:31 PM

My Silver And My Gold - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Silver And My Gold (733 Views)

Their Idols Are Silver And Gold / Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell / Why Did Abraham Not Pay Tithes On His Cattle, Silver And Gold! Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Silver And My Gold by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:26am On Sep 26, 2013
My Silver and My Gold
September 26, 2013

"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh!" (Luke 6:45).

Verse four of the precious hymn “Take My Life and Let It Be” speaks of the desire to consecrate one’s personal possessions and abilities to God, to be used by Him as He chooses.

"Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose
"

Regarding our financial resources, our prayer should be, “Take them, Lord, and use them as you see fit to meet the needs of others and to spread the gospel.” Without His blessing, we can never have enough; but with His blessing, we will never lack. Loving “money is the root of all evil” (1 Timothy 6:10). Instead, we should “be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee” (Hebrews 13:5).

Our intellect and every talent we have should also be consecrated to God. “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself” (Luke 10:27). Think what could be accomplished if Christians applied their entire minds and bodies to the job.

Consider the words of David to his son: “My son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever” (1 Chronicles 28:9). JDM

For more . . . .

1 Like

Re: My Silver And My Gold by Candour(m): 9:17am On Sep 26, 2013
I agree with this post, particularly with the quote below.

OLAADEGBU:

Regarding our financial resources, our prayer should be, “Take them, Lord, and use them as you see fit to meet the needs of others and to spread the gospel.” Without His blessing, we can never have enough; but with His blessing, we will never lack. Loving “money is the root of all evil” (1 Timothy 6:10). Instead, we should “be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee” (Hebrews 13:5).

Let us make our all available to God and his true purpose. He owns them anyway and doesn't need them but he's shown us in his word what is purpose for saving us and giving us the resources is and that is to share.

Let contentment also rule in our lives and we'll see the peace of God flow through us.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: My Silver And My Gold by Alwaystrue(f): 9:33am On Sep 26, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Consider the words of David to his son: “My son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever” (1 Chronicles 28:9). JDM
Thanks so much for this post especially for the above quote. I always pray to God to help me serve him with all my life in my words, thoughts and actions and make me continuosly willing to ensure all I do is life and also support everyone who does.
Re: My Silver And My Gold by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
Candour:

I agree with this post, particularly with the quote below.

Let us make our all available to God and his true purpose. He owns them anyway and doesn't need them but he's shown us in his word what is purpose for saving us and giving us the resources is and that is to share.

Let contentment also rule in our lives and we'll see the peace of God flow through us.

God bless you

Faithful Christian stewardship demands that we should be willing to use 100% of our financial resources as the Lord see fit. God is less concerned with how much we give as a measure of our love for Him and His work than with what we keep and spend on ourselves.

1 Like

Re: My Silver And My Gold by Candour(m): 8:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Faithful Christian stewardship demands that we should be willing to use 100% of our financial resources as the Lord see fit. God is less concerned with how much we give as a measure of our love for Him and His work than with what we keep and spend on ourselves.

i agree

1 Like

Re: My Silver And My Gold by Alwaystrue(f): 9:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
^^^^Thumbs up guys.
Re: My Silver And My Gold by Candour(m): 10:12pm On Sep 26, 2013
Alwaystrue: ^^^^Thumbs up guys.

you too sister.

God bless
Re: My Silver And My Gold by Alwaystrue(f): 10:43am On Sep 27, 2013
A great mystery:

Proverbs 11:24
24 There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty. 25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

He that scattereth (that is spreading in different places) will always increase from different sources. The increase is not to for hoarding but to keep scattering.

Love, mercy and fairness is what drives any giving, no wonder Jesus called them the weighthier aspects of the law for it is possible to give
without love (a godless heart),
without mercy (not touched but as a means to just be left alone) or
being unfair or unjust (giving with partiality).

Even God first LOVED before He GAVE His Son to save us.
Giving is nothing without first Loving.
1 Cor. 13:3.

1 Like

Re: My Silver And My Gold by Candour(m): 10:49am On Sep 27, 2013
Alwaystrue: A great mystery:

Proverbs 11:24
24 There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty. 25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

He that scattereth (that is spreading in different places) will always increase from different sources. The increase is not to for hoarding but to keep scattering.

Love, mercy and fairness is what drives any giving, no wonder Jesus called them the weighthier aspects of the law for it is possible to give
without love (a godless heart),
without mercy (not touched but as a means to just be left alone) or
being unfair or unjust (giving with partiality).

Even God first LOVED before He GAVE His Son to save us.
Giving is nothing without first Loving.
1 Cor. 13:3.

We are saved unto good works and good works emanate from a life lived in love. Selflessness with our resources is the life God wants for his children. As Christians, we must be ready to share with others less privileged at every point in time.

We came to this world with nothing and we'll leave with nothing, so why hoard?

God bless you sis
Re: My Silver And My Gold by Goshen360(m): 4:50pm On Sep 27, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Why then do you demand a fixed and certain amount (10%) from people?

1 Like

Re: My Silver And My Gold by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:47am On Sep 28, 2013
Alwaystrue:

Thanks so much for this post especially for the above quote. I always pray to God to help me serve him with all my life in my words, thoughts and actions and make me continuosly willing to ensure all I do is life and also support everyone who does.

Thanks for your encouragement. May the Lord give us more grace to earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered to the saints in Jesus ' name.
Re: My Silver And My Gold by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:50am On Sep 28, 2013
Goshen360:

Why then do you demand a fixed and certain amount (10%) from people?

10% is the least that is expected from believers. Have you ever thought of making your 100% available for God's use?
Re: My Silver And My Gold by Alwaystrue(f): 6:23am On Sep 28, 2013
Hebrews 9:16-17
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

The Old Convenant took effect on the Israelites ONLY AFTER the sacrifice of blood. But before the convenant took effect God had to give His laws, statutes and judgements (ordinances) FIRST. The blood of the bulls and sheep simply SEALED the bond.

But because the people could not fulfil their part and infact did so much evil, God has to send His Son Jesus Christ to avert the imminent curse on the earth.
Malachi 4:5-6
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

And the word of God in Malachi was fulfilled below when Jesus was speaking of John the Baptist, who had come to prepare the way.
Matthew 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

And Jesus finally came, born of a woman, under the law (Galatians 4:4) to redeem those under the law as seen by some of the deliverances from devils miracles He did.
So THE WORD OF GOD BECAME FLESH.
John 1:14,17
And the WORD WAS MADE FLESH, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished IN HIS FLESH the ENMITY, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances ; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, AND took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross

It was while Jesus was IN THE FLESH that He abolished the law of commandments CONTAINED in ordinances (Exodus chapter 21-24)that was causing enmity between Jews and Gentiles....Read the story of the Samaritan woman for example in John 4, and the commission to take the gospel to the end of the earth (totally different from just Israel alone). Also read Matthew 5 and see where He was abolishing the judgements for going against those ordinances. e.g. Eye for eye etc. It was at His death that he TOTALLY TOOK IT OUT OF THE WAY by nailing it to the cross being a sacrifice for sins. The 10 commandments were not the ordinances. Jesus was even very angry when the traditions of men were put over the law of God. Tithe and offerings were already before the law and are not the ordinances often misconstrues in Malachi 3:7 as that scripture is not talking about Malachi 3:8....verse 7 was already answered in verse 7.

That is why scriptures says: Jesus is the end of the law FOR righteousness to them that believe (Romans 10:4) because the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us when we walk in the Spirit (Romans 8:3-4) and you believe in Christ by believing His words (John 5:24) as well as the finished work on the cross. (John 19:30)

Why? Because all Jesus did and said while He was IN THE Flesh was THE TESTAMENT (THE TRUTH AND GRACE) which was only SEALED at His death by BLOOD. Hence the NEW CONVENANT!

Matthew 26:28 for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many

To read more on this and also the transfiguration, continue in https://www.nairaland.com/1455684/what-seem-difference-between-old#18398498
Re: My Silver And My Gold by Goshen360(m): 11:15am On Sep 28, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

10% is the least that is expected from believers. Have you ever thought of making your 100% available for God's use?

Where is this your "10% is the least that is expected from believers" an instruction for Christians? Where then is 'giving as you purpose in your heart? You mean a Christain cannot give less than 10% from his\her heart? This your above statement contradict the very line you just said:
OLAADEGBU:

(1) (Reply)

Keep Off From Weave-ons And Artificial Hair(non-biblical)----doctor / Prophecy For Karen Igho!!! / Catholics, How Do You Reconcile Exodus 20:4 And Your Statues??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.