Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,992 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead (27096 Views)

Crash Victim Follows Doctor’s Orders And Grows Nose On Forehead / Why This Man Has Nose On His Forehead (PHOTOS) / Girl With No Eyes Or Nose To Have Reconstructive Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by Timijo(m): 8:20am On Sep 27, 2013
MCKULQ: By Tia Ghose, A man in China whose nose was damaged in an accident is growing a replacement nose on his forehead.

After a Chinese man’s nose was irreparably damaged from infection, his doctors decided to “grow” a second nose on the man’s forehead to replace the original nose.
The patient, identified only as Xiaolian according to Reuters, has his nose damaged from an infection following a car accident. His doctors decided the only way to reconstruct his nose was to surgically form a new one on the 22-year-old’s forehead.
Doctors Grow Ear on Cancer Patient’s Arm
Tissue expanders were placed under the skin and then cut to resemble a nose. According to local media, doctors expect to implant the new nose soon.
Dr. Patrick Byrne, the director of Facial, Plastic and Reconstruction Surgery at Johns Hopkins Medical Center, said forehead skin is used to help reform noses because it is the closest match to skin on the nose. However, usually the nose is reformed during surgery instead of on a patient’s forehead.
“My guess would be that they felt that the tissue in the nose was so damaged they had to use the forehead skin on the interior part of the nose,” said Byrne. “It’ll be a real nose and [have a] breathing passage way.”
Scientists Craft 3-D Ear With Printer
When the nose is transplanted, cartilage from Xiaolian’s rib will be used to give the nose added structure.
Byrne said Xiaolian’s new nose will be most vulnerable during the 18 months after his transplant.
“There’s a lot that can happen,” said Byrne. “If he gets a little infection the cartilage can disintegrate… [what looked like a nose] now looks like a blob.”
However Byrne said as long as Xiaolian is able to avoid complications, his new nose should work nearly as well as his original nose.
“He should be able to smell, the smell receptors are pretty high in the nose,” said Bryne.
In the future Byrne imagines that doctors will be able to grow entire ears and noses in the lab before transplant.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2013/09/25/doctors-grow-nose-on-mans-forehead/
This is very, very strange. Anyway, it is sign of end time.
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by vainfairy: 8:23am On Sep 27, 2013
Donmichaelz: u mean 10 oda thread u posted dat didn't make FP,seun is my boy even if I post anything he go enter front page no be me Omo na God oo,I am connect

smileyTed

Vainfairy:

U don dey madt abi?
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by olahero(m): 8:23am On Sep 27, 2013
Alukusunday: mumu man nonsense' wat a rubbish who go marry dis one and even if him get wife hw him wan take waka without people looking at him, coz i knw he's not breathing from there
Why comment have no basis on this thread, keep off.
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 27, 2013
blood of jesus...horror film.....faintz....wakes up again....china...evrytin na china......
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by Policewoman(f): 8:52am On Sep 27, 2013
Does it mean they can also grow breasts on heads of women who have lost theirs to cancer?
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by Kassidy90(m): 8:55am On Sep 27, 2013
china n fake tinz, am sure my ex was made there
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 27, 2013
tellwisdom: This is what most nairalanders need angry
grin
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by joannessam: 9:01am On Sep 27, 2013
Wonders shall never end
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by Xtfield(m): 9:10am On Sep 27, 2013
If this man's accident had been in Nigeria, witches and wizards would have been blamed and many pastors would have fed fat on his misfortune. But in China, it was treated as a purely medical problem and doctors found solutions to it. The lesson for us is that there are a few things that we cannot fix ourselves, but in Nigeria we chose to push everything to God to do for us. May God deliver us.
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:11am On Sep 27, 2013
China has definitely stepped up in the world of medicine and medical research. Imagine this! But how would this dude be going out with that bit of tissue on the head
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 27, 2013
watched this kind of thing on greys anatomy a few years ago, nothing new.
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by studM(m): 9:13am On Sep 27, 2013
kunlekuz5: hmmmmmm

U must b a dumb dude
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by Heartscry(m): 9:15am On Sep 27, 2013
The unending era of medical paradigm. AIDS will soon have permanent cure.
cheesy[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by lexyman(m): 9:25am On Sep 27, 2013
Ignatio: Only in China will you see this.
I thought the air passage should be facing down.

thank you , even the man is at risk ,of any particle can easily drop in there(even the hair cream or oil for from his hair ) i wish they know what the eyes does to the nose .

good job , but you can do better than this!
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by skyfall: 9:29am On Sep 27, 2013
What if it's raining? Did they give him a nose-brella? How does he bathe?
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 27, 2013
let them grow pucci in a petri dish first
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by slimghost(m): 9:38am On Sep 27, 2013
Well done Doctor, U just save a life!
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by Xyge(m): 9:43am On Sep 27, 2013
undecided This is practically NOT feasible...
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 27, 2013
*Kails*:

lol
once it is as they want it,
they will surgically attach it where his original nose was. smiley

its kinda kewl.

It is remarkable! Like, pod-limbs shocked
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by izunned: 10:54am On Sep 27, 2013
that means no niger delta traditional cap for the guy
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by B2mario(m): 11:03am On Sep 27, 2013
dt's wonderful work but the man looks funny
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by maximuz: 11:16am On Sep 27, 2013
grin
Imagine as d man go take dei smell person wei mess....if him go buy agege bread for market..how wwil he smell d bread sef...
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by kdabj(m): 11:46am On Sep 27, 2013
AM SOORY BUT I HAVE TO SAY THIS AND NOW

END TIME THNS
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by Otses(f): 11:52am On Sep 27, 2013
It looks weird
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by CODEEATER(m): 12:50pm On Sep 27, 2013
Na wa

Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by daclint(m): 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
**drinks bottle of Gulder*** Clears troat** dey don chinalize this man!,
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by Mickeywilliams(m): 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
Hmmmm..Quite interesting..but 1 question for my Med peepz..
Na where una go come day grow johntommy put na...sure e nor go be head again o.
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by abdulkodir: 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
thank God 4 him.
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by Hunkyimage(m): 7:48pm On Sep 27, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, o-mehn see questionzez but wait-o how him dey blow catarrh with dis him chimney-like nose without the non-sense splashing on his head,hahahahahahahahaha na wa to dis kind china-made nose-o
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by lanrefront1(m): 5:28am On Sep 28, 2013
I'm really amazed by most people staying stuffs like, “how will he breathe when it rains", "he better make hin no get nose" etc.

I thought out was very clear that the growth on the forehead is only temporary, that once they have the desired mass and shape of the tissue (nose), the nose will be transfered to the proper place.

Our education is truly in a bad on a bad shape if most youth couldn't recognize this fact at once.
Re: Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead by Maygold30: 6:18am On Sep 28, 2013
Eh eh this is terrible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them / Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler / 5-Yr-Old He Yide Is The Youngest Pilot In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.