Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here (37426 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Keluong(m): 10:11am On Oct 30, 2014
Tithing is wrong
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 10:28am On Oct 30, 2014
Keluong:
Tithing is wrong

Actually it is twisting scriptures to justify and extort monetary tithes from income that is wrong and evil. Tithers are mere victims of the elaborated and institutionalised fraud.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Blackfire(m): 12:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
i am 100% against tithing by this so called man of god
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Gombs(m): 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
--
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2014
Gombs:
--

How market? tongue
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Keluong(m): 1:29am On Nov 09, 2014
PastorKun:

Actually it is twisting scriptures to justify and extort monetary tithes from income that is wrong and evil. Tithers are mere victims of the elaborated and institutionalised fraud.
I actually meant tithing of today.
Infact, that one is a small thing. They ve even invented, Chelsea/arsenal/manu/.....fans thanksgiving and also state thanksgiving.
Its beats my imagination to see matured qnd grown up fellas falling for this.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 1:31am On Nov 09, 2014
Keluong:

Infact, that one is a small thing. They ve even invented, Chelsea/arsenal/manu/.....fans thanksgiving and also state thanksgiving.
grin
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by trustman: 8:42am On Nov 09, 2014
Keluong:

They may soon go into bankers, teachers, Okada riders, vulcanizers, footballers, etc THANKSGIVING !

All in a bid to raise money.
It's all about money, money, money.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 3:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hypocrisy of modern tithe doctrine beautifully expressed. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Ovamboland(m): 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
mko2005:

I thank God una don turn the matter to Joke becos una don see am clearly say tithing na Jesus say make we tithe and na him get the tithe !
If pastors like make them wack Jesus tithe e no concern me if God dey as all of us sure believes,HIM go ask them for HIM tithe,if no be for this world,na for yonder cheesy

God help us

For argument sake even if tithe is required of Christians, your stand is for brethren to continue to heap coal on the pastors and send them to hell as far as you do your part and get your earthly blessing, the pastors can rot in hell forever if they don't hand over the tithe to Jesus.
So much for Christian love tongue
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Ovamboland(m): 9:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
olivertwist:

Who is greedy between us. Just 3days ago, by God's grace, I gave N25,000 as my Tithe and offering. Just few years back, my Tithe was just in hundreds and you say I should not Give 10% back to God who bless me with the money. Is it your money? grin. Who are you?

My friend, God said put me to test with your Tithe? The reason why Tithe is not working for you is because you either gave it grudgingly with complaint not with thanksgiving like our father Abraham did. Or perharps, you didn't believe in it?

No wonder you guys keep hiding under free-will. I'm I surprised? Do you even know why Paul asked the people of Corinthians to give willingly? He didn't have to say anything to the people of Macedonians b4 they gave happily?

So because of the less than 250K you now earn monthly that makes you richer than other Christians who have stopped tithing? income or salary increase is a natural progression available to all God's human creatures whether they tithe or not.
What you earn was what I earned at the time I last tithed and my income monthly has multiplied almost 10 times ever since I stopped tithing and I have since acquired huge properties ad established a number growing businesses.

One prompt was when a concerned brother during discussion on the applicability of tithing challenged me to stop paying tithe for just 3 months and see the evil that will befall me. I took the challenge in stride and have not looked back since then. In between, issues of life not more than what any other Christian I know also experienced came my way, likewise unprecedented blessing and breakthrough also came. No huge problem without solution came my way, the only difference is that I am happier with the worthy causes and lives I was privileged to touch positively. And they were mostly to people who lack the capacity to give me anything in return. I am only happy because they are happy.

That is more than I can ever wish for from any funny pastor pouring oil or laying hands on me because of one gift or donation.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Dencotext: 1:40am On Nov 05, 2018
I wonder why some people become so holy that they say the new testament never mentioned tithing. Please read Heb 7:1-10... here the new testament said Abraham his tithes to Melchizedek the High priest. This is also not to mention that Abraham have 300 men eating under his table, he did not give his tithes to the poor for charity but gave to God (through His priest).

When you give offering, you may as well be giving unto man, but when you give tithe, God says it is his own property and should be deemed holy, you are and should be giving it only to God. Like Abraham spoken about in the new testament how he paid his tithe, you will never lack to give to the poor or feed many.

When I caught this principle in 2009, I had no job but that is when I began tithing the meagre money that passes through my hand. In 2009 I was earning about N8000 monthly, in 2013 my income moved to about N65000 monthly, by 2014 I was earning around N90000 and by 2016 ending, I was earning over N130,000.... infact my currency was $400 dollars. and by 2017 I was earning $600 (or about N230,000 monthly). And right now, I am no longer in Nigeria and my income is now in EURO... I am really scared now to mention what I am earning here because, although I am merely schooling and it had been challenging tithing, it is no longer proper to mention how much I am earning.

When God blesses you, you actually become a suspect to those who are refusing to simply obey the word of God. Now I did not say tithing will bring only money into your pocket because you should be tithing plus your wealth and not just your money income alone...if you know what I mean. It is easier for me to evaluate my wealth in terms of money, so I do it by adding extra money to my tithe income money. For instance, if my money income tithe is 50 euro and I add the extra for my wealth and pay maybe 70 euro... I see the church secretary nodding his head in disbelieve... this guy cannot be earning 700 euros monthly... when in fact I am earning less than that but not my wealth is added (things I'd be acquiring like clothes, shoes, accommodation, free feedings, and so on)!

My problem now that God has blessed me is not whether tithing is working or it is not working. Some very nice Christians (org) who decided to assist me with some funds for my education almost slapped me when I presented to them proof (receipts) of how I spent the money. Why did I pay such a huge tithe with their money they asked me? They told me to put God aside because they want their money to be used for education and feeding alone. I systematically mocked them by saying "if I did not know you guys are Christians, I would not be concerned but to say lets put God aside because we are talking about money... is of course not how we should talk..." In less than a month, I have gotten two scholarships from another source and would not really need these Christians money again even though fund was approved for me.

Yes God himself told me that the simplicity of blindly tithing by faith (which seemed foolish enough to many Christians) is why I will get opposed and misunderstood. But because it pays to obey the WORD of God, God told me to keep doing it and keep getting blessed. Not body argues with a successful man. Even these Christian guys that almost slapped me for tithing are rejoicing now that I have scholarship from another source... I know they will remember vividly what I told them about the power of tithing, but they may not want to get out of their comfort zone.

Narrow is the way that leads to heaven and only few finds it.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Dencotext: 2:34am On Nov 05, 2018
TESTIMONY

There was one Ibo (church) guy that came to my room. I left him briefly in my room but I later discovered he burgled my properties. To cut a long story short I forgave him.

A year later I sat this guy down and explain to him vividly (using many illustrations about tithing) why I am prospering. I told him that although he was poor now, but if he starts tithing his life would turn around.

Few months later, I met this guy again and voiced my fear that he seemed to be laundering money of some sorts...(he has rented a good house, opened a workshop, bought land, his pocket bulging with N50,000 in my sight...was too much for me to comprehend). The bobo tried to convince me that he has started tithing, and that many people, including his pastor (who knew his stealing habits) are doubting the source of his income. When the Ibo guy eventually broke down in tears... a thing I do often when God bamboozle me while tithing... I came to terms with him. It was a feeling I well understood, a feeling of frustration that we cannot adequately explain why these things are happening around, and to worsen matters, even some of our Christian brothers envy and suspect us. I forgot to tell this guy to live a very simple life so that if possible he could have some respite.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:28am On Nov 08, 2018
Hebrews 7:1-10 says absolutely nothing about a required monetary tithe. It shows the tithe of war spoils that Abram gave to Melchizedek, and the tithe of agriculture that the Levites received of the children of Israel.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Dencotext: 3:35pm On Jan 08, 2019
MarkMiwerds:
Hebrews 7:1-10 says absolutely nothing about a required monetary tithe. It shows the tithe of war spoils that Abram gave to Melchizedek, and the tithe of agriculture that the Levites received of the children of Israel.
Come on man, do not be deaf. I gave a personal testimony of how I am tithing regularly and God had blessed me. I am now based in Europe, doing my master degree in engineering. Hi?

Come on man, its more blessed to give than to receive and that is why the word of God is difficult to practice! My oyibo pastor church here is reaping the benefit of my tithing but when I wanted to talk about giving, he told me before hand not to mention the word tithe on the pulpit. Although God warned me the night before I preached not to talk about giving to the Church because they were not ready, but to talk about the GIVER (the giver of life is GOD). After I preached about the GIVER, I BELIEVE NOT ONLY IN DOING BUT IN PRACTICING THE WORD OF GOD SPONTANEOUSLY, I gave my January fruits as a seed to the church but mentioned that...I DO NOT WISH TO DISCLOSE THE AMOUNT OF MONEY I WAS GIVING. But when the pastor saw that the money was huge in euro (he literally almost fainted when I gave him the money) and he used it to buy equipment for the church, he called to inform me that he wanted to announce what I gave to the church.

Man, I do not believe in hypocrisy. If you do not believe in tithing and firstfruit (because I wonder whether it is not the act of GIVING) then why are you impressed with the amount of money I gave by faith? I remembered that I started tithing faithfully in Nigeria with the sum of N200 every week (or N800/month). But the day my tithe clocked N35,000 in Nigeria the igbo lady who was the financial usher almost fainted... I could not believe that she began to act funny towards me. You cannot understand the ways of a tither because God blesses Him in a mysterious ways. I have since learned that it is better to camouflage your giving when your blessings have exceeded a certain level. It is even a semi madness here in europe to those who do not believe in what you are doing.

I am very happy now (as God made me to understand) that not everyone (people like you for example) would believe and act on his WORD. We choose the ones that made sense to our flesh and pocket. And God told me that because not everyone want to do what I wanted them to be doing that is why I will continue to blessed YOU. They will remain where they are, but you will continue to be blessed!
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Infocitadel: 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2019
Anything you do in God's kingdom without understanding won't benefit you.

many tithe with the understanding that they are donating to their church, their pastor or donating to God. And that's a wrong understanding of tithing.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Dencotext: 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2019
Infocitadel:
Anything you do in God's kingdom without understanding won't benefit you.

many tithe with the understanding that they are donating to their church, their pastor or donating to God. And that's a wrong understanding of tithing.
My guy, I am tithing regularly, but I have discovered that what you said here is not correct. My thoughts are irrelevant after tithing. He simply look at my actions and bless me. I have thought good, bad, made mistakes and repented, but it did not erase the law of sowing and reaping... give it shall be given unto you....good measures...

One more thing, you do not give to God. Nobody can give God anything... your tithes and firstfruits are the only form of giving the bible recorded as HOLY unto GOD and separated. ABEL GAVE FIRSTFRUITS, GOD GAVE US HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN FIRSTBORN SON JESUS, ABRAM GAVE HIS ISAAC. The action is symbolic to God...because it breaks and touches His heart.

By revelation, I have asked GOD why he considers tithing and firstfruit holy, and He told me that apart from the blood, He does not accept anything less than tithing and firstfruits if someone wishes to honor Him God directly... that is why Abel firstfruits were accepted and Cain's gifts rejected... not because Cain did anything bad at all. God went further to say but you can give to the church or to your fellow man any other form of offerings. But if you want to HONOR Him God directly, it must be your tithes or one-tenth (which has something to do with QUANTITY) or your firstfruits (which have something to do with the QUALITY of the product)...because He GOD gave his firstborn JESUS to shed His blood for us, the tithes and firstfruits is exactly a QUANTITATIVE and QUALITATIVE ways to reciprocate His frank gesture in thanksgiving to HIM. GOD created us in HIS image. We have the capacity to emulate God's love. No greater love can a man show than to lay down his live, or give his firstborn. Anything less than that meant you are not loving God with all your heart, 100%.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Infocitadel: 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2019
Dencotext:
My guy, I am tithing regularly, but I have discovered that what you said here is not correct. My thoughts are irrelevant after tithing. He simply look at my actions and bless me. I have thought good, bad, made mistakes and repented, but it did not erase the law of sowing and reaping... give it shall be given unto you....good measures..
u didn't understand my post
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Dencotext: 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2019
Infocitadel:
u didn't understand my post
I understood you very well. IF YOU HAVE NOT EXERCISED YOURSELF IN SPIRITUAL THINGS, HOW CAN YOU UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORKS?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Dencotext: 5:27pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ovamboland:

So because of the less than 250K you now earn monthly that makes you richer than other Christians who have stopped tithing? income or salary increase is a natural progression available to all God's human creatures whether they tithe or not.
What you earn was what I earned at the time I last tithed and my income monthly has multiplied almost 10 times ever since I stopped tithing and I have since acquired huge properties ad established a number growing businesses.

One prompt was when a concerned brother during discussion on the applicability of tithing challenged me to stop paying tithe for just 3 months and see the evil that will befall me. I took the challenge in stride and have not looked back since then. In between, issues of life not more than what any other Christian I know also experienced came my way, likewise unprecedented blessing and breakthrough also came. No huge problem without solution came my way, the only difference is that I am happier with the worthy causes and lives I was privileged to touch positively. And they were mostly to people who lack the capacity to give me anything in return. I am only happy because they are happy.

That is more than I can ever wish for from any funny pastor pouring oil or laying hands on me because of one gift or donation.
Man are you really a Christian at all? I see that you are trying to damage this guy's testimony who claimed to be tithing. And moreover calling pastors 'funny' is more like mocking; you seemed to lack humility when you discredit others. I can bet my last penny that you do not like giving. Most billionaires never lived to enjoy their wealth because they are thrifty. The bible never taught us to tithe because we want to get rich (FINANCIALLY) as all your emphasis seemed to be based on. We get blessed all way round is exactly the picture why we are tithing. We are seeking the goodwill of God almighty by honoring HIM with our substance. Humorously speaking, if God refuses to bless me but throw me into heaven because I tithe, would be better than me not honoring Him with my substance and getting rich. What message do you intend to pass here?

Already I cannot tackle you on the issue of finances because you are so adamant that you are wealthy... God knows better. But if you continue to discredit men of God, then neither will God overlook your little sins. When we are highly critical of other church members on earth, how can we live in heaven with the people whom God forgave their sins? I believe not in a funny idea, but I believe in the essence why I give in love... making it to heaven is the goal. We should not allow our personal differences to be a stumbling block.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Dencotext: 6:30pm On Jan 08, 2019
Hey guys,

MAKE I open up to you guys. I dey EUROPE but e bad for africanos here o. I fit tell you exactly wetin I give dat church sha... na 300 euro! The oyibo pastor nearly kolomental. (Yes I dey enjoy kicking ..ash). Dem dey think say we africanos na beggars we be 4 Italy. Edo ppl here dey fuel this mythology say we be refugees. Many times oyibo ppl don dash me petty gifts 4 street, thinking say 'O dis poor refugee boy dey suffer hunger well well o'! I believe in giving, so I dey collect am make baba God bless d person well well. So you know how dem dey perceive we naija ppl here?

Bros, with baba God on my side...i no go fit stop tithing sha, that is my secret agbara o... I dey tackle this oyibo ppl well well. I dey shock dem well well when the opportunity arise. And at the end baba God dey use wayo take favor me financially in there midst. I still be master degree student here, nothing dey happen sha.

My nickname (which I dey call myself for nairaland) be 'God's favorite pikin'. Hello... God's favorite pikin is in the house... no shakings! We go show dem well well.

Please no stop tithing... man pikin must chop o, God servants must preach o... abi una no want Jesus to come again? There must be plenty plenty meat in the house of baba God, and then you go see wetin im go do 4 you all. I don walker go kpata kpata...bye, bye o. Ciao, benvenuto!
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by emmyileri(m): 9:27pm On Mar 21, 2022
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 21, 2022
Is TITHING for Christians today? Is the church the New Israel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQH3zGA9lPE
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by TruthinAction: 8:03am On Mar 22, 2022
PastorKun:

Kindly show us from scriptures why you think Master Jesus requires tithes from you.

Jesus demand more than tithe from us. Tithing is far below the financial demand of tithing. Tithing is just 10% but Jesus demands 100%. And the 100% is not limited to your money but all your assets. But if people can't give 10% of their income or increase, is it 100% they can release.

Scripture proofs of my claims

1. Jesus encounter with a rich young ruler.

Read the narration;

Mark 10:17-22
17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.

21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

Verse 21 says he should sell whatever he has and give the money to the poor. But the man couldn't.

2. General statement to his disciples

Luke 12:32-33
32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth

3. The early church practiced it;

Acts 2:43-47
43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.

44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, note

47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Acts 4:34-37
34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

So, if you don't want to pay tithe, do what Jesus commanded us to do.

Those who can release their all to help the poor certainly won't find it difficult to remit 10% of their income to support the servants of God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Undergraduate, Suel Ambrose Slumps, Dies Acting Jesus Crucifixion Drama / Pastor Adeboye's Holy Ghost Event In Yola, See Crowd / Leke Adeboye Denies Osun Election Comment: 'Na Lie, I Checked If I Was Hacked'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.