Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? (4778 Views)

Should I Take Postinor 2 Everytime? / CAN TOILET INFECTION CAUSE IRREGULAR PERIOD IN A LADY? / No Period In 39 Days I Need Help =[ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? by bjprodint(f): 12:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
pls i need ur opinion
Re: Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? by nekaa(f): 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2013
No its not, other things could be the reason of a missed/delayed period.
Re: Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? by Annie2gud(f): 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
No...it means,the sausage got stuck insid the saucer cup.and there is need for dissection.Lol dude on a serious note.....it means you just deposited some cash inside ur acct..and you have gotten an Alert.
Re: Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? by amiskurie(m): 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
ouchhhh!
na mistake,u don get belle.eku ipalemo o.aso layo o!
Re: Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? by adekoonlay(m): 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
when was d last time u did that thing now, so we can advise u bera
Re: Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? by ESULAALU: 1:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
I find some of the responses here rather amusing.

Ok poster here is what I 'think' I know....lol

Every time a woman misses her period it doesnt necessarily mean she is pregnant, it could also be delayed.

This could happen due to stress, streneous exercise, depression, anxiety,loss of a loved one amongst other factors but pregancy is not to be ruled out.

However, for pregnancy related purposes,read about the two week window period.

I wouldnt tell you about it because I love to read and I want you to encourage you to do so as well. You can find information about this on the internet but please note that it is not everytime a woman misses her period that it translates to being pregnant.
Re: Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? by Zeebah23(f): 9:22pm On Sep 26, 2013
It's funny how most people interpret 'I missed my period' to 'I'm pregnant'. Missing one's period might be a sign of pregnancy(80%) and it might be something else : infection,stress,anxiety etc.
Re: Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? by Tspot(m): 1:02am On Sep 27, 2013
I agree with what Esulaalu said but if u have to find out if u are really pregnant there is a pregnancy test strip for that which most people don't know about I have been using this strip for my babes for years about 10yrs now.Well u will thank me for this after reading this. It helps u to know privately if u are pregnant or not without visiting a lab.This is what people pay 500 naira or 1k for in medical test labs,these labs also use this same test strip. Just go to any good pharmacy and ask for pregnancy test strip or HCG strip they will give u.Very very cheap not more than 50 naira for one. You can send ur boyfriend if u are shy.He should by them in bulk so that u will have enough to run future tests.Firstly collect a little of your early morning urine in a clean uncontaminated container(u use early morning urine because d hormone secreted during pregnancy is high in early morning urine,hence easy detection by the test strip). According to the instructions on it dip the edge of the strip, the side with d wavy marks in your first early morning urine(note: the urine shouldn't go beyond the wavy mark upwards). After dipping place d strip on a flat surface with the dipped side hanging out and wait for 5mins.U should read the result like this ; only one red line showing after waiting for 5mins means u are not pregnant(negative). Two red lines showing means u are pregnant(positive). Note: U can't see any line on the strip when looking at d strip when u take it freshly out of d packet before u start d test, u only see d red lines after dipping in the urine.Goodluck!

FOR A CORRECT OR VALID TEST PROCEDURE
For u to be sure u ran the test well these are things u should know and be sure of that the test is correct and valid.
There are two spaces for the red line to show.The upper space is called the control line (marked C on the diagram drawn on the strip packet).This one is important it must always show or appear whether positive or not. It appears to show u the test is going through the right path. If it doesn't show it means d test is wrong or invalid so u redo d test with another new strip. So it shows only this red upper control line (C) for negative test and two red lines, the control line (C) and test line (T) for positive test. The T line is called the test line(marked T on the diagram on d strip packet ) this line only appears below the control line only when u are pregnant meaning positive(that is it has detected the hormone secreted during pregnancy in ur urine).The hormone is detectable 24hrs after fertalization ie 24hr after pregnancy occurs.The Test line (T) doesn't show when u are not pregnant(negative). Then as mentioned earlier HCG stands for Human chorionic gonadotropin not sure if the spelling is fully correct but this is the name of the hormone secreted immediately a woman gets pregnant like 24hrs later.It is what the test strip look for in the urine because it finds its way to the urine and blood as well.That is why they also use blood sometimes for the test. Sorry for the long write up I like teaching people things intensively and comprehensively.Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? by SalC: 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2013
No, google secondary amenorrhea hopefully you will get more help.
Re: Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? by bjprodint(f): 8:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
tanks but my period is late by 2weeks,i have some pregnancy symtom cos av bin pregnant before but d hpt is still negative
Re: Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? by Zeebah23(f): 11:26am On Sep 28, 2013
If you are sure you are not pregnant,it's a two way thing.
I once knew a lady like that,no period for two months and the scan revealed that she was okay.
If after 8 weeks,it's still not coming it MIGHT be a problem.
Best thing is to see a Gynaecologist.
Re: Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? by ESULAALU: 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2013
bjprodint: tanks but my period is late by 2weeks,i have some pregnancy symtom cos av bin pregnant before but d hpt is still negative

Get a blood test done, am sure there is a type of blood test done that detects pregnancy, that should allay your fears cos I beard the accuracy is much higher than using hpt or other methods.

Don't worry dear, you will be fine but please let me plead with you whatever happens don't abort if it is confirmed you are pregnant. Please don't feel bad about my suggestion of not a aborting. Thank you for your understanding. Take care
Re: Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? by Nobody: 4:45am On Sep 29, 2013
Skipping one period, having a late period, or having irregular periods isn't amenorrhea.

Girls who are just beginning menstruation can have irregular cycles.
Girls with certain conditions like PCOS can have irregular cycles.
Girls with low weights can have irregular period.
Stress? Check.
Breastfeeding? check
So many reasons for missing, or late periods. One needs more information to give better advice.

@OP Try re-taking a test. wink

2 Likes

Re: Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? by bjprodint(f): 5:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
SniperInADiaper:
Skipping one period, having a late period, or having irregular periods isn't amenorrhea.

Girls who are just beginning menstruation can have irregular cycles.
Girls with certain conditions like PCOS can have irregular cycles.
Girls with low weights can have irregular period.
Stress? Check.
Breastfeeding? check
So many reasons for missing, or late periods. One needs more information to give better advice.

@OP Try re-taking a test. wink
ok taken,will get back 2 u guys tanks
Re: Is It Everytime Of Missing Of Period In Female Mean Pregnancy? by bjprodint(f): 6:26am On Oct 02, 2013
first of all am married,my first pregnancy ended as a still birth in april,my second pregnancy ended in a miscarriage in d first week of july,NOW I RETOOK D HPT AND ITS POSITIVE!AM PREGNANT AGAIN,PRAY GOD PROTECTS DIS CHILD FOR ME!

6 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Blood Donors Needed (not Free) / Body-builders Please Get In Here / A Case Of Lassa Fever Confirmed In Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.