Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,161 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Women Denied Surgery To Abort Babies With Foetal Abnormalites. Cruel Or Fair? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Denied Surgery To Abort Babies With Foetal Abnormalites. Cruel Or Fair? (746 Views)

"Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians / Husband Beats And Threatened To Pour Hot Water On Wife When Denied Sex / He Forced Me To Abort 5 Pregnacy for "His Personal Sanctification"..... Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Denied Surgery To Abort Babies With Foetal Abnormalites. Cruel Or Fair? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2013
When an unborn child unfortunately has foetal abnormalities, a couple or single woman will be offered an abortion but it is not common knowledge that she is largely expected to go through labour to abort that child. In countries such as the UK where we expect healthcare-by-tax organisations to cover for abundant healthcare costs, it is almost an outright shock!! Also, these couples/women around the world undergo judgement by health professionals/society and are often denied a platform to talk about making the option of surgery easier or more affordable/accessible.

Is it right to just accept that a woman will usually have to endure labour to deliver a dead baby because her family cannot accept and/or provide for a disabled child?

Somewhere in the broader picture, it can be argued to be a very sensible choice for that family or society, or an extremely selfish one. What are your thoughts?
Re: Women Denied Surgery To Abort Babies With Foetal Abnormalites. Cruel Or Fair? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
Highly controversial topic. I've thought and thought and I still don't know what to think. having said that, we don't even test for fetal abnormalities here in Nigeria,.
Re: Women Denied Surgery To Abort Babies With Foetal Abnormalites. Cruel Or Fair? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
bigdiva: Highly controversial topic. I've thought and thought and I still don't know what to think. having said that, we don't even test for fetal abnormalities here in Nigeria,.
People who have money often do (aside from this new-age hippy vibe that prevails among the white middle classes here in the UK). No doubt, the topic has its complications lol.
Re: Women Denied Surgery To Abort Babies With Foetal Abnormalites. Cruel Or Fair? by luvablesam(m): 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
Its really a tite situation that u av put ur respondents...Can't say if its a fair or cruel decision...abortion has been a very touchy topic in this part of the world and making things worse is when the preg has a foetal arbnomality. that been said,there are medical professionals who wouldn't just conduct abortions on anyone for reasons best known to them. It might be hard or cruel on the parents since children are a life long venture buh left to me,I don't support abortions...give birth to ur child d way God wants it to be...

I also think some people induce these abnormalities themselve by taking unprescribed drugs in the early stages of pregnancy or not goin for anti natal early enough.
Re: Women Denied Surgery To Abort Babies With Foetal Abnormalites. Cruel Or Fair? by luvablesam(m): 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
bigdiva: Highly controversial topic. I've thought and thought and I still don't know what to think. having said that, we don't even test for fetal abnormalities here in Nigeria,.

money and religious believes are factors people consider in Naija

(1) (Reply)

How To Affair-prove Your Marriage / ''don't Stop Believin''motivates 3 Men To Swim To Shore After Boat Capsizes / Ladies Nowadays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.