Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria (21947 Views)

Woman & Her 2 Kids In Accident In Gombe (Pics) / Places For Affordable Shopping And Salsa Danse In Dubai / Best Places For Dates Without Much Spending In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by VOR(m): 3:54pm On Jun 05, 2006
Things For Kids

It has been 4 years since I was last in Nigeria. Since that time I have had my first child, a son.
In the UK there are so many places and things for kids to do. E.g theme parks, adventure playgrounds etc.

Can anyone in Lagos/Abuja tell me what type of places or things exist for the entertainment of kids? The age group would be about 3-12.
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by Seun(m): 4:17pm On Jun 05, 2006
You can take them to Olumo Rock. Just make sure they don't jump off!
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by VOR(m): 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2006
Thanks for the suggestion. But what exactly is there for a child to do there? I have never been but I always got the impression it was more suited to adults.

There is only so long you can stare at a rock.
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by my2cents(m): 5:17pm On Jun 05, 2006
I haven't been to naija in 2 years (man, I am in need of another visit, but I digress smiley) but from when I was there, I don't think there is anything to do there with kids in mind per se.

There are places you can go to with your family - as Seun said - Olumo Rock, beaches, museums, Obudu cattle ranch, etc.

What I would do is ask a family friend or relative over there for some tips. Depending on who u ask, they are usually very up-2-date.

I hope ths helps
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by gigitte(f): 8:14pm On Jun 05, 2006
hey take your kids to abuja children's garden in abuja, its amazing, lots of kiddy stuff, there are water bodies so do be careful, they are also a lot of animals, not caged so that is pretty cool. i went there two/three years ago with my senior class in high school and evn tho we hated it at first, we were acting like five year olds at the end, very educational too. there are also other parks in abuja like millenium park.

in lagos, whispering palms in badagry is good
lekki conservation centre in lekki
eleko beach in epe is far but tranquil
i think theres some kind of amusement park at lekki beach, dunno how good or safe it is
fantasy land in ikoyi
funtopia
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by Skidoc(m): 10:46am On Jun 06, 2006
Yeah Gigitte. I was going to say Funtopia too. You can catch a glimpse here.
Then there's this park in Abuja too.
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by OldGlory1(m): 12:55pm On Jun 06, 2006
Any Zoos in Lagos or ABJ? Or any Aquariums?
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by my2cents(m): 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2006
This was just sent to me by a friend: http://www.africanheritagecity.com/

I don't think it is ready yet, but it is good to know.

We don dey go far o! smiley
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by IAH(f): 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2006
Old Glory:

Any Zoos in Lagos or ABJ? Or any Aquariums?

I don't think so. Does Unilag have a zoo? But there's definitely the best zoo in UI,Ibadan and another fake zoo grin in OAU Ife.
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by folkzy(f): 3:13pm On Jun 11, 2006
U can take them to amusement park in Ibadan{ i went to the park in primary skool when i was in Nigeria n it was fabulous}. d zoo in ibadan is also great for children. Can i just say that there r lots of amusement park at lagos n ibadan
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by hotangel2(f): 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2006
Yankari Game reserve In bauchi has everything YOU NEED. Ur kids would would grab you and say thank you daddy for bringing us here.
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by omogenaija(f): 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2006
gigitte:

hey take your kids to abuja children's garden in abuja, its amazing, lots of kiddy stuff, there are water bodies so do be careful, they are also a lot of animals, not caged so that is pretty cool. i went there two/three years ago with my senior class in high school and evn tho we hated it at first, we were acting like five year olds at the end, very educational too. there are also other parks in abuja like millenium park.

in lagos, whispering palms in badagry is good
lekki conservation centre in lekki
eleko beach in epe is far but tranquil
i think theres some kind of amusement park at lekki beach, don't know how good or safe it is
fantasy land in ikoyi
funtopia

WOW !!!!!!!! I didn't know that there was fantasy land in naija. There is also 1 in america
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by Shagari2(m): 9:58pm On Jun 11, 2006
IAH:

I don't think so. Does Unilag have a zoo? But there's definitely the best zoo in UI,Ibadan and another fake zoo grin in OAU Ife.

Hey don't diss Ife Zoo o! u can diss UI till your hearts content but lay of Great Ife o!

VOC Ife has a really nice zoo but they will def enjoy whispering palms in Badagry, loved it when I went.
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by auwal(m): 10:25pm On Jun 11, 2006
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by zarah(f): 10:33am On Jun 12, 2006
Don't know bout lagos, but in Abuja their's a park in almost every neigbourhood now, especially in maitama, wuse 11, and garki 11 areas.

The millenium park is beautiful and fun for kids, and so is the national park and zoo, lots of kiddies fun stuff.
infact it compares by every standard to the parks abroad. I promise.
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by IAH(f): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2006
Shagari2:

Hey don't diss Ife Zoo o! u can diss UI till your hearts content but lay of Great Ife o!

VOC Ife has a really nice zoo but they will def enjoy whispering palms in Badagry, loved it when I went.

Lol, I'm dissing Ife Zoo because it's a fake zoo compared to UI Zoo. Ife means as much to me as it means to you, so don't take it to heart. If you are an Alumnus of Ife Zoo grin, please go here and sign the register. cool

I forgot to add that Unilorin has the "fakest" zoo. Oya Unilorites come and bite me.
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by bluenubian(f): 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2006
i remember going to water parks in ikeja lagos, i was a kid but i had so much fun, i doubt that the place is still running. does anyone know
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by Ka: 11:09pm On Jun 12, 2006
What's the point of taking your kid to amusement places that are very much like what he can see abroad where he's based?

Abeg, take him on a never-to-be-forgotten trip on a molue bus! Let him experience the authentic sights and sounds of parts of Lagos like Musin, Agege and Abule-Egba. If he's lucky, he might even be treated to a sermon by a roving in-transport preacher or an exposition on the efficacy of various drugs by an itinerant medical expert!
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by Shagari2(m): 8:02pm On Jun 16, 2006
Gba o! grin
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by omoonile2: 10:04pm On Jul 11, 2006
Or you can go to apapa amusement park, thats where i went when i was a kiddie back in tha mid nineties, its classic,
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by angelu(f): 2:35am On Aug 07, 2006
in abj u can-
take them to a cinema-ceddi plaza
take them 4 ice cream- Grand square
take em shoppin 4 clothes at collectables
take em shoppin 4 clothes and food, chocolate and all that- Park and shop
take em to monaliza amusement park, shocked, Not!
peace out agl.
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by ayobase(m): 7:01pm On Aug 16, 2008
kids of these days only go to
eatries,parks,garden and the rest
but do they really enjoy as we
enjoyed then?

When
I played rubber(Hand Band),
played street football with pants worn
only and sweating profusely,even without
taking my bathe b4 going to bed cos my mum
wouldnt know.must have done an instant ablution

Using of already slaughtered ram`s horn to fight on the pavement
Rolling of tyres on the street with a stick

playing with sands

playing of different games on the sand like Suwe

Messing up the whole neighbourhood cables with dilapated Kites

Throwing of stones on the roof tops.

Those days,your parents could kill u because of being 2nd positioned.
but these days,the threat is no eatries,parks and the rest without
1st result.

Common,I did enjoy mine time to the fullest during those days!!!!
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by ayobase(m): 7:11pm On Aug 16, 2008
The most amusing place for
kids in Naija is Ajegunle,Warri,

It depends how you`ll wanna take it.
it will be amusing if u take everything
as fun and the otherwise!!
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 7:28pm On Aug 16, 2008
Take them to little saints Orphange palmgroove and Akowonjo lagos state.They wud have enough fun with the kids there.
Also try the water parks,Ikeja.
fantasyland in Ikoyi/V.I
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by rampant(f): 10:19pm On Aug 16, 2008
Ka:

What's the point of taking your kid to amusement places that are very much like what he can see abroad where he's based?

Abeg, take him on a never-to-be-forgotten trip on a molue bus! Let him experience the authentic sights and sounds of parts of Lagos like Musin, Agege and Abule-Egba. If he's lucky, he might even be treated to a sermon by a roving in-transport preacher or an exposition on the efficacy of various drugs by an itinerant medical expert!

ROTFLMGSBO   grin grin grin OH GAWDDDD grin
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by DisGuy: 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2010
nigeria is not kiddies-friendly just give them jollof rice

BUMP
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 2:59pm On Jun 22, 2010
Dis Guy:

nigeria is not kiddies-friendly just give them jollof rice

BUMP

Am in a good mood today or else I would have referred to your post as a very dumb one!

Naija not kiddies friendly . . . . A very dumb statement undecided
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by DisGuy: 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2010
well the list up there has been very refreshing hasnt it?
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by DisGuy: 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2010
Why are threads like these so 'empty' ?

come on people!!! Lagos is supposed to the happening place in nigeria?!?!?!
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by yanyan(m): 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2010
u can try unibadan zoo,though most of the animal is no more existing but your kids can still catch fun and u can also go to the TRANS AMUSEMENT PACK AT BODIJA IBADAN.IF U NEED MORE ENQURIES AND PICS MAIL ME blessinglomo@yahoo.co.uk. sad
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by hotbizStan: 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2010
VOR, have you tried this site http://tourismhotspotnigeria.com/WhatToSee.aspx. It seems to have info about most of the places suggested and more places, most interestingly, Lagos and Abuja are just two of the many Nigerian states in it.
Re: Amusement Places For Kids In Nigeria by DisGuy: 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2011
So apart from school and church/mosque where do parents take their kids to?

especially outside lagos

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Alia Delivers 100 Buses For Transport In Benue State [Photos] / What's The Wildest Thing Your Eyes Have Ever Seen In Lagos? / Blackout Hits Lagos International Airport For Over 2 Hours (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.