Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,040 members, 7,821,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect (804 Views)

Can Hellfire Be Morally Justified? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by Rhymeyjohn: 11:36am On Sep 27, 2013
Moral perfectness is define by God's rule in the bible. It is a standard no man can personally struggle to attain. It is untinkable when an atheist who disregard anything 'God' and his rules claim that they can attian this high moral ideals. Hear one of such atheist, Johnny U. said, “I stray away from lying as much as possible. I don't cheat or steal. I don't murder. I haven't had sex yet. I honor my parents. I've never had an abortion. (I don't have the right parts). I'm not a homosexual. I'm not a drunkard. (I have never had a drink before). I'm not a coward.
Johnny lies as much as possible, only that he tries staying from it just as much. This puts in question any of his other claims.Johnny could as well be lieing on his many other claims.
Secondly, Jesus destroyed any defense this self righteous atheist held to when He said, 'You are they who justify themselves before men, but God knows your heart'.. Just like an african proverb says 'no one would trust a lair, even when he is saying the truth'. What Johnny dosent know/refuse to acknoledge (just like many atheists), is that no matter how hard you try, you cant meet up Gods standard of moral perfection.
Am yet to see a man who lived on earth and held on to sound moral ideals like Jesus. The atheist dare not try. The challenge is, to live a life of moral corruption ends up in corruption, but that of Christlike perfection ends up in glory. Make your chioce. JESUS LOVES ATHEISTS.
Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by Allohrandy(m): 11:49am On Sep 27, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: Moral perfectness is define by God's rule in the bible. It is a standard no man can personally struggle to attain. It is untinkable when an atheist who disregard anything 'God' and his rules claim that they can attian this high moral ideals. Hear one of such atheist, Johnny U. said, “I stray away from lying as much as possible. I don't cheat or steal. I don't murder. I haven't had sex yet. I honor my parents. I've never had an abortion. (I don't have the right parts). I'm not a homosexual. I'm not a drunkard. (I have never had a drink before). I'm not a coward.
Johnny lies as much as possible, only that he tries staying from it just as much. This puts in question any of his other claims.Johnny could as well be lieing on his many other claims.
Secondly, Jesus destroyed any defense this self righteous atheist held to when He said, 'You are they who justify themselves before men, but God knows your heart'.. Just like an african proverb says 'no one would trust a lair, even when he is saying the truth'. What Johnny dosent know/refuse to acknoledge (just like many atheists), is that no matter how hard you try, you cant meet up Gods standard of moral perfection.
Am yet to see a man who lived on earth and held on to sound moral ideals like Jesus. The atheist dare not try. The challenge is, to live a life of moral corruption ends up in corruption, but that of Christlike perfection ends up in glory. Make your chioce. JESUS LOVES ATHEISTS.
RUBBISH!!! The average Theist is not moral. Most of the wars and crimes in the world has committed by both Christians and Muslims fanatics. The world will be a better place without religion because religion has done man no good.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by Rhymeyjohn: 11:55am On Sep 27, 2013
Allohrandy: RUBBISH!!! The average Theist is not moral. Most of the wars and crimes in the world has committed by both Christians and Muslims fanatics. The world will be a better place without religion because religion has done man no good.
Goosh, i dont think athesit are this gullible at responding decisively to issues. to clear it for you, its not about theists, but the God man; JESUS. the history you have read about Him apart from the bible,, how do you fare. NOT ATHEIST WOULD FAREWELL MORALLY WHEN COMPARED TO JESUS. Thanks. JESUS LOVES ATHEISTS
Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by Allohrandy(m): 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: Goosh, i dont think athesit are this gullible at responding decisively to issues. to clear it for you, its not about theists, but the God man; JESUS. the history you have read about Him apart from the bible,, how do you fare. NOT ATHEIST WOULD FAREWELL MORALLY WHEN COMPARED TO JESUS. Thanks. JESUS LOVES ATHEISTS
Being Morally right don't have anything to do with believing Jesus or Mohammad. It comes from your heart. The most morally upward people I have met in my life don't believe in God. Most Nigerian Theists are hypocrites

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by Delafruita(m): 12:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: Goosh, i dont think athesit are this gullible at responding decisively to issues. to clear it for you, its not about theists, but the God man; JESUS. the history you have read about Him apart from the bible,, how do you fare. NOT ATHEIST WOULD FAREWELL MORALLY WHEN COMPARED TO JESUS. Thanks. JESUS LOVES ATHEISTS
by what parameters is jesus morally upright?
Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by wiegraf: 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2013
You forgot to use the term 'corollary of evil' snooq

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2013

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by onetrack(m): 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: Moral perfectness is define by God's rule in the bible..

Stopped reading right there. What follows can only be rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
How can God be morally sound... He has a man stoned to death for picking sticks on a sabbath day.. he kills his own children for failing to pay half a shekel for conducting a census.. i mean how can anyone in his right mind say God is the source of sound morality. I deeply hate theists for this simple reason

4 Likes

Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 27, 2013
voltron: How can God be morally sound... He has a man stoned to death for picking sticks on a sabbath day.. he kills his own children for failing to pay half a shekel for conducting a census.. i mean how can anyone in his right mind say God is the source of sound morality. I deeply hate theists for this simple reason
Thank you!

What height of morality are we trying to attain here?? And why should an Atheist live his life based on the Christian moral standards??

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by plaetton: 8:18pm On Sep 27, 2013
Big laughter.
Even in myth, the biblical god is the most morally reprehensible monster of ancient folklore.
To even imagine that such a creature actually existed is very distressing to our common values as human beings.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
Op needs a brain replacement. His brain is faulty

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by MrTroll(m): 9:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
Wu Zetian:

What height of morality are we trying to attain here?? And why should an Atheist live his life based on the Christian moral standards??
Daz all! This thread does not merit further discussion. . .

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by tobechi74: 11:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
Can theist attein perfect morality? No

can atheist attain perfect morality?

No

both are all trying to, none have.
Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by Kay17: 11:30pm On Sep 27, 2013
Useless OP

Nobody agreed with the fool what Moral rules were. So he has no topic.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by frank317: 11:53pm On Sep 27, 2013
Something is wrong somewhere, are religous people getting madder (permit my english) by the day?

4 Likes

Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by SalC: 7:30am On Sep 28, 2013
@OP, how do you justify the fact that you are measuring an atheist's morality based on the biblical standard? Your definition of perfect morality as regards the atheist should be from secular or dictionary meaning. You are trying to bring in what Christian refer to as the righteousness of God but the truth is you are reviewing the life of one who does not believe in the existence of God.

Both theists and atheists are not morally perfect but continually thriving to be perfect.
Re: An Atheist Can Never Be Morally Perfect by SalC: 7:40am On Sep 28, 2013
frank3.16:
Something is wrong somewhere, are religous people getting madder (permit my english) by the day?

What's the matter with you?

(1) (Reply)

Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church / Message To All Lords Chosen By A Former Chosen Leader / Sweet Poison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.