Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Are Using Of Weaves A Sign Of Black Inferiority Complex? feat. Uncle Ruckus - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Using Of Weaves A Sign Of Black Inferiority Complex? feat. Uncle Ruckus (1460 Views)

Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? / Why Do Some Nigerians Abroad Have Superiority Complex Over Those At Home? / The White Manz' Perception Of Black Beauty Is Different From The Black Manz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Using Of Weaves A Sign Of Black Inferiority Complex? feat. Uncle Ruckus by spinna: 11:25pm On Sep 27, 2013
Speaking to 2 Nigerian women on the very controversial topic of their hair.
Nairalanders what are your thoughts on this issue in this time of N200,000 brazilian/peruvian weaves that are changed every month or so?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYpSG_PjHFQ

Re: Are Using Of Weaves A Sign Of Black Inferiority Complex? feat. Uncle Ruckus by Lovetinz(m): 11:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
Nigerian women are ashamed of their natural hair!

Re: Are Using Of Weaves A Sign Of Black Inferiority Complex? feat. Uncle Ruckus by spinna: 11:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
Yes and the weaves do damage as seen in the video. I think the weaving styles like that in your pic above will eventually come back because even white women look good in them.

I mean isn't it ridiculous to see girls hitting their heads with the butt of the of hands as if their brains have blocked?

But i'm not beefing; they do look good in them, i would just say that the stigma against the African weaving style - (the notion that it's only for school girls) should be removed.
Re: Are Using Of Weaves A Sign Of Black Inferiority Complex? feat. Uncle Ruckus by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 28, 2013
Some women pay more than 100,000 for fixing another parson's hair to their head.
Nothing spells inferiority complex than paying so much to hide your hair and pretend you have the hair of another nationality.
Re: Are Using Of Weaves A Sign Of Black Inferiority Complex? feat. Uncle Ruckus by spinna: 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2013
Re: Are Using Of Weaves A Sign Of Black Inferiority Complex? feat. Uncle Ruckus by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
spinna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYpSG_PjHFQ&list=PLCYevrKgWXcwqazq6riQl6vWLEeRQJSOW

What was in the video? I can't watch videos right now, am on my phone.
Re: Are Using Of Weaves A Sign Of Black Inferiority Complex? feat. Uncle Ruckus by spinna: 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
It was interviews with Nigerian girls that recently removed their weaves.
Re: Are Using Of Weaves A Sign Of Black Inferiority Complex? feat. Uncle Ruckus by Fulaman198(m): 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2013
Lovetinz: Nigerian city women are ashamed of their natural hair!

Fixed

1 Like

Re: Are Using Of Weaves A Sign Of Black Inferiority Complex? feat. Uncle Ruckus by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
Fulaman198:

Fixed

lol i know that's right.
im tired of ppl generalizing when it comes to black/african women.

1 Like

Re: Are Using Of Weaves A Sign Of Black Inferiority Complex? feat. Uncle Ruckus by Fulaman198(m): 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2013
*Kails*:

lol i know that's right.
im tired of ppl generalizing when it comes to black/african women.

Me too

1 Like

Re: Are Using Of Weaves A Sign Of Black Inferiority Complex? feat. Uncle Ruckus by Nobody: 4:04am On Oct 02, 2013
lol @ comparing wearing weaves to uncle ruckus grin
Re: Are Using Of Weaves A Sign Of Black Inferiority Complex? feat. Uncle Ruckus by Nobody: 4:06am On Oct 02, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrYRtCui5EE

grin grin

i think the comparison is a bit harsh.

(1) (Reply)

Ooni: ‘no Human Sacrifice In Rites Of Passage’ / True Source Of Ekiti , Ile-ife Or Elsewhere ? / Origins Of Us So Called Bantu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.