Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Fg To Penalize Universities That Conduct Post Ume Test - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fg To Penalize Universities That Conduct Post Ume Test (923 Views)

Crutech Post Ume Test / How To Access Unilag Post-ume Test Result Online / About Yabatech Post Ume Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg To Penalize Universities That Conduct Post Ume Test by Madea19(f): 10:38am On Jun 26, 2008
Hey people, did u hear d news dis morning?

I really don't know how 2 react 2 dis.

It is either a good action or a bad one.
The good aspect involves the students who av high scores,dat beat the cut off marks of their various courses,and who are a bit jittery about d post ume test. This would definitely be a good news 4 dem.

The bad aspect, is 4 d students whose scores didnt reach d cut off,bt who scored above 200,nd who believe d post ume would help them,if they pass it well.

So people, what's ur take on this .? ? ?
Re: Fg To Penalize Universities That Conduct Post Ume Test by Heledy(m): 11:04am On Jun 26, 2008
I don't think is a welcome development. Universities have been able to know some scholars through post ume. And if they should scrap it won't make any sense,moreover it will make our standard of education at the tertiary leve to fall.
Re: Fg To Penalize Universities That Conduct Post Ume Test by PoDeep(m): 11:05am On Jun 26, 2008
Yippee!!! I'm so happy!!! (if this is true).
Re: Fg To Penalize Universities That Conduct Post Ume Test by abdurrazaq(m): 11:38am On Jun 26, 2008
I don't know whether to rejoice or mourn over this. undecided
Good Luck.
Re: Fg To Penalize Universities That Conduct Post Ume Test by Madea19(f): 11:58am On Jun 26, 2008
Yeah, bro. I feel u
Re: Fg To Penalize Universities That Conduct Post Ume Test by otokx(m): 11:59am On Jun 26, 2008
I doubt
Re: Fg To Penalize Universities That Conduct Post Ume Test by Madea19(f): 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2008
Pls xplain urself better.wat's ur doubt ? ? ?
Re: Fg To Penalize Universities That Conduct Post Ume Test by Omolola1(f): 12:09pm On Jun 26, 2008
i had 202, unilag, banking and finance, good o levels. what is my chance of getting admission
Re: Fg To Penalize Universities That Conduct Post Ume Test by Region(m): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2008
@madea19 u jst come they bring false news. Na wa 4 u o! Na back of papper u they read, Or the heading? It's in today's punch but the poaster posted wrong info here. Post ume still holds. What they mean't was:- to penalise any university that would conduct post ume, b.4 the release of jamb result to them (the instution). And they were referring to mainly private uni's who conduct post ume b.4 the release of result. N:B- jamb always send the ume result to every instution. Be sure of what to post.
Re: Fg To Penalize Universities That Conduct Post Ume Test by ade4prof: 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2008
The Federal Government in collaboration with current minister of education Dr.Igwe has disclose it therr are ready to sanction universities conducting post ume screening exercise in Nigeria Universities , He said this during an interracting sectioin in University of Nigeria, The Vice Chancellor said candidate seekign admission in UNN SHOLUD CHECK THEIR ADMISSION MSTATUS IN UNN
Re: Fg To Penalize Universities That Conduct Post Ume Test by Madea19(f): 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2008
@Region,tanx 4 expanciating, guess i didn't listen well enough. 'Ve accepted my mistake,nd correction is wat i've jst recieved,bt u shldn't b so harsh.

Sorry y'all 4 posting wrongly
Re: Fg To Penalize Universities That Conduct Post Ume Test by Mustay(m): 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2008
Post-JAMB examinations
This is not a replacement for JAMB, and it will never be. It’s just a refining examination. Let me tell you quite frankly, Post-JAMB is the greatest thing that has ever happened to our educational system in this country, so the issue of whether JAMB would be scrapped, doesn't arise. It goes hand-in-hand with JAMB.What is there? It's just like taking an examination, and then going for an interview.

[b]I was a symphatiser, when people were kicking against Post-JAMB, but the then Minister of Education came up with her defence, so my committee summoned her. She came with scripts of some students, and we also got some independently. Students who scored 273 in JAMB, scored zero in Post-JAMB.Somebody who wanted to read Law was asked the qualities of a good lawyer, and she said that a good lawyer must read the Bible, a good lawyer must greet people, a good lawyer must eat well, and that was the only question she answered.

Then, there was this script of a person who wanted to read Medicine, a potential doctor that would treat you and I, scored 261 in JAMB, and in Post-JAMB, he scored either one percent, or zero again. He was asked the difference between an animal and a plant, he said, number one, an animal makes love, plant does not, an animal can dance, plant cannot dance, an animal can make argument, a plant cannot make. Yes! These were his exact words, and he even forgot that in some circumstances, plants can dance if there is breeze, since he's so daft, and that a goat cannot argue with anybody. That also, is an animal. I have photocopies of these scripts.[/b]

So, it's never an issue of passing a vote of no confidence in JAMB./ They will conduct their exams quite alright, then the successful candidate will go for post-JAMB examination, and remember that universities reserve the right to determine the quality of students they want to admit.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/politics/2008/may/30/politics-30-05-2008-001.htm
Re: Fg To Penalize Universities That Conduct Post Ume Test by Region(m): 1:07pm On Jun 26, 2008
@madea19, correct guy! sorry for being harsh.
Re: Fg To Penalize Universities That Conduct Post Ume Test by Madea19(f): 2:30pm On Jun 26, 2008
@Region, m a female.

@mustay,mehn dat's pple 4 u ooo . . . It's d like of these pple,dat go abt dressed up2date nd go abt boasting dat dey r good.

I jst cnt help bt laugh

(1) (Reply)

Oau Post-ume Cut-off Must Drop / An Admission Seeker's Prayer / Ansu Post Ume.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.