Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Arsenal's Owner Kroenke Hopes To Win EPL - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal's Owner Kroenke Hopes To Win EPL (446 Views)

Youths Visit "Mad Men" & "Imbeciles" To Win Big In Sport Bets (Photos) / How Can Arsenal Win EPL Title When D Likes Of Man United Still Exist In England / Osaze Odemwingie Win Epl Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal's Owner Kroenke Hopes To Win EPL by Napolitano(m): 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2013

Arsenal's American owner Stan Kroenke has affirmed support for coach, Arsene Wenger and admitted his desperation to win the Premier League title.

In an interview with the Daily Telegraph, the Gunners' largest shareholder, expressed belief that Wenger will extend his Arsenal contract when it expires at the end of this season. Wenger, so far has indicated he'll address the matter at a later date.

"There's no one I feel more strongly about and I think he is doing a great job," said the Kroenke. "We are proud of him, proud of the club, the way the club is run and how it holds itself out to the world."

"I had my son and a bunch of his friends at the training ground. A couple of them are NBA players," he said. "We were standing out in the rain watching. It rained like hell. This was going on for several hours. I was getting worried about players getting hit by lightning and Arsene was out in the middle of it. He's out there coaching every day."
Nonetheless, the fact remains that a club of Arsenal's stature have now gone eight-and-a-half years without a trophy and it's a decade since they last lifted the title.

Kroenke confessed he's anxious to see the club crowned league champions. "There would be nothing more thrilling," he said. "I'm not getting any younger. It's something I would like to achieve. I've done it a couple of times in the US [in American Football and basketball] and it was unbelievable."

Kroenke also believes the signing of Mesut Ozil will go a long way in helping Arsenal top the league. "What a great player," he said. "His spirit is great... We stayed in close touch as we went through the process. Everyone wanted to get him, other teams wanted to get him and to get him here is fantastic."

http://www.sportinferno.com/article/166/arsenals-owner-hopes-to-win-the-league/

(1) (Reply)

Rosell: Neymar Snubbed Chelsea And Bayern To Join Us / Keshi: Eagles Are Battle Ready!’ / Moyes: Players Must Step Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.