Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Don't Be Afraid - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Be Afraid (430 Views)

Hell Fire Is NOT Real! Don't Be Deceived By Any Pastors: BIBLE PROOFS INSIDE. / Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / From TB Joshua's Church, Don't Be Deceived By Emmanuel TV Go And See, Its Fake! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Be Afraid by sidespin: 5:18am On Sep 29, 2013
DONT BE AFRAID, GOD IS STILL IN THE BUSINESS DIVINE RESCUE

I know what it is like to be near the point of death. In 1983, while flying with six passengers in a Cessna aircraft at 11,000 feet, we ran out of fuel near Avon Park, Florida. I was asleep, but not for long. "We're in trouble. Pray! Pray!" were the first words I heard from our pilot, Don.

Everyone began crying out in fear. But suddenly a great peace came over me. I said, "Don, it's going to be all right. No one will be killed!" God used those words to calm the passengers.

"Please don't cry," I told them. "Just relax. God isn't finished with me." We crash-landed in a field and there were some injuries, but I did not have a scratch. Deep within my spirit I had the assurance, "It's going to be all right."

Over twenty years later, I faced similar circumstances in 1995. We were returning from a miracle crusade in Japan, heading for Hawaii where we were to land and refuel. With less than two hours left in our flight, silence in the cabin was interrupted by the pilot's voice as he said, "Pastor Benny, I think you'd better pray." He went on to explain that there was a problem with the instruments and we were lost somewhere over the Pacific.

I immediately began to pray and even though some of those who were with me were fearful, a peace settled over me. Although the circumstances were impossible in the natural, I felt a supernatural assurance that everything was going to be all right.

The pilots continued to work with the instruments in the cockpit, but to no avail. With a rapidly diminishing fuel supply and in the midst of growing tension, the unexplainable confidence within me continued—everything was going to be fine.

Suddenly and miraculously, our pilots made contact with someone who suggested that they tune to a radio station and use it to help guide them toward land. They did just that and landed with less than an hour's fuel remaining. In fact, our pilots told us we were flying on fumes!

Although I always knew that our safe landing was a direct result of God's divine intervention, I never knew any of the details. Just recently at our Hawaii Miracle Crusade, however, I had the privilege of meeting one of the gentlemen who was working in the control tower that night. He explained that although he wasn't responsible for that particular airspace, he felt an urging by the Holy Spirit to get involved when he heard one of the other controllers attempting to contact a private plane that was overdue. He said landings are scheduled in advance, and the control tower was expecting our plane. However, because the plane was off course due to the instrumentation problem, we never showed up on their radar. As they attempted to contact us, they finally made radio contact with the plane, but had no idea of our location.

As the man became more involved, he felt an overwhelming inner urging to pray. He explained, "I didn't know who was on that plane, but I knew that I had to help. When nothing else worked, someone in the tower suggested tuning into a radio station to help guide the plane in," the gentleman said. "I instantly remembered a 50,000-watt Christian radio station on the island which I listened to often. I suggested that frequency, and immediately, your pilots tuned in to the signal. That's how my friend and I in the control tower helped get your plane down on the ground safely."

Then he added, "For seven years I have wondered who was on that airplane that night but had no way of finding out. Recently, I was talking to some friends at our church about the situation and they told me they knew the other part of the story. They said they were Covenant Partners with Benny Hinn Ministries, and Benny Hinn and some of his team were the individuals on that plane that night." After the man finished his story, I gave him a big hug and thanked him for recognizing the voice of the Holy Spirit and for responding in obedience. Then I added, "Thank you for saving my life! God wasn't done with me yet!"

I have seen the Holy Spirit turn chaos into peace many, many times. And I am a living testimony to His ability to do so. Won't you allow Him to touch the chaos in your life with His deep and abiding peace? (Benny Hinn)

(1) (Reply)

Thoughts May Come And May Even Persist In Staying But If We...... / Historical Giant Skeletons / Led By The Spirit Of God - Winning Each Day Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.