Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,385 members, 7,822,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Why Do Humans Consider Some Sins Bigger Than Others? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Humans Consider Some Sins Bigger Than Others? (563 Views)

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / Are Some Sins Weightier Than Others? / Ghanaian Police Commander Orders SCOAN To Host Activities In Bigger Venues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Humans Consider Some Sins Bigger Than Others? by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 29, 2013
I've always wondered.. why do we consider sins like fornication, Adultery, Pre-Marital intimacy, abortion and the likes BIG.. And then sins like lying et. Small..
Now,aren't all these sins equal in the eyes of God?? undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Humans Consider Some Sins Bigger Than Others? by djeezy(m): 8:01am On Sep 29, 2013
Those are deadly sins. The bible says he who kills by the sword shall die by the sword. They are considered bigger in terms of their punishment.
Re: Why Do Humans Consider Some Sins Bigger Than Others? by prof800(m): 8:08am On Sep 29, 2013
Well, to me there are small sins and there are bigger sins.
Consider telling a small lie (small sin)
And a person who commits genocide.(big sin/crime)
...Just as there are small crimes, big crimes. Small punishments, Bigger punishments..
Re: Why Do Humans Consider Some Sins Bigger Than Others? by speeder(m): 8:20am On Sep 29, 2013
It just like me giving you an option, to pour on you warm or hot water, which do you prefer?
Re: Why Do Humans Consider Some Sins Bigger Than Others? by UyiIredia(m): 8:42am On Sep 29, 2013
Lemme predict: this will make FP, SMH.
Re: Why Do Humans Consider Some Sins Bigger Than Others? by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 29, 2013
tbh it is all about self righteousness.
Re: Why Do Humans Consider Some Sins Bigger Than Others? by Emmyk(m): 8:47am On Sep 29, 2013
Misunderstood_G:
Now,aren't all these sins equal in the eyes of God?? undecided undecided

because we are humans, and we look at it in the "eyes of humans". And He's God. cheesy
Re: Why Do Humans Consider Some Sins Bigger Than Others? by Enegod(m): 9:11am On Sep 29, 2013
To me, counterfeit Christianity is a
greater sin...
Re: Why Do Humans Consider Some Sins Bigger Than Others? by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 29, 2013
djeezy: Those are deadly sins. The bible says he who kills by the sword shall die by the sword. They are considered bigger in terms of their punishment.
Man's Punishment or God's punishment
Re: Why Do Humans Consider Some Sins Bigger Than Others? by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 29, 2013
djeezy: Those are deadly sins. The bible says he who kills by the sword shall die by the sword. They are considered bigger in terms of their punishment.
Human punishment might varies but all punishment are the same.
Re: Why Do Humans Consider Some Sins Bigger Than Others? by SalC: 11:46am On Sep 29, 2013
Let's take a look at these verses of the holy scriptures.
Jn 19 v 11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all over me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin. KJV
Here Jesus made it clear that some sins are considered greater than the other.

If we also take a look at 1Jn 5 v 16-17 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17 All unrighteousness is sin and there is a sin not unto death. KJV
We can also see from the above that the writer was referring to two categories of sinners, the first he advice us to pray for while the second he said we shouldn't pray for.
The question is why should it be so? The simple answer is he considered there sin more grievous than the former.
But we can't precisely state the boundary between these categories of sin so to be on the safer side, let's flee every appearance of evil.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Your Tower Of Babel / How Close To Jesus Do U Want To Be? / Becoming Rich Can Make You Wicked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.