Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Love Is Not What Is Keeping You With Them But Addiction - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Love Is Not What Is Keeping You With Them But Addiction (839 Views)

Separated From My Husband And He Is Keeping My Children From Me / Share Your Addiction!! / Even While Not Being Happy What Is Still Keeping You In That Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Is Not What Is Keeping You With Them But Addiction by money121(m): 9:55am On Sep 29, 2013
YOU are no longer HAPPY in that RELATIONSHIP but you ARE finding it hard to let go.
Your partner is abusing you,keep cheating on you and doing things that hurt you, you want to quit but just can't..
Your boyfriend cheats on you,abuses you,disrespects you causes you all manner of hurt buthe keeps saying he loves you, does he really love you?.
The more you try to move on he will come begging assuring you of his love,since you claim you love him you find it hard making that decision to move on with your life. To you moving on with your life is hurting him but you see him hurting you as just a mistake which you think he will correct in future and you see your enduring it as you sacrificing to that relationship.
LET'S ANALYZE IT PROPERLY.
1) you see his plea as repentance,but plea isn't repentance which is one thing you fail to understand
2) You see him hurting you as mere mistake anyone can make, as to you no one is perfect.
3) Because you see him as not being perfect you choose to endure this hurt,seeing your action as sacrificing.
4) You claim love is what is making you stick to him despite the hurt which is the biggest mistake.
One thing you need to understand here is that love does not hurt and you shouldn't be going through hurt as part of what loving someone brings.
Their negative actions towards you is what causes you hurt and not because you are in love with them or because its a sacrifice you pay for love .mind you,you don't have to be in love with someone for them not to hurt you.
Someone you are not in love with can equally hurt you.
**THE BIG QUESTION**
Does a man who disrespects you and causes you all manner of hurt truly love you when he says he does ?
Loving you doesn't mean you shouldn't be upset or feel betrayed by some of their actions,since mood swing changes we can permit that,but when his actions keep causing you psychological trauma,pain, depression,anxiety,fear, name it,then for the sake of your health it is always adviceable to quit such relationship.
In a case where you find it hard to quit because of what you refer to as love,it is time to bring you back to what love is.
When a man abuses you and keeps telling you he loves and can't do without you it is not necessary love that is bringing him back or that is making him find it hard to let you go, ADDICTION is the culprit here and not love.
When you are addicted to something is when you are"Physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects"or Enthusiasticall y devoted to a particular thing or activity.
At times you just can't figure out why you just can't let go or why you are so much into them and because you keep having this feelings why you just can't do without them you mistake it for love.
Just like the drug addict can't figure out why they just can't do without drugs.
If you want to claim its love then how come you don't go crazy when you don't see your friend in a long while, how come you don't go crazy if your siblings or friend don't call you for a whole month, how come you worry less over your schoolmates you left years ago does it mean you don't love them is why you worry or care less about them?
The answer is no!!
Why then is the case different with your partner,the reason is not far fetched it is because you are addicted to certain occurrence or event that makes or keep you happy with them"especially the thought of intimacy with them". Bet me if you have equally kissed with your siblings,friends,colleague or classmates or probably have had sex or shred intimacy with them which you enjoy so much you might as well be missing them or can't do without them like it occur with your partner.
"When a man who abuses you is finding it hard to let you go he's only addicted to you and he's just finding it hard to let go not because he loves you,just like the drug addict will find it hard to let go of drugs despite the destruction it brings on him or her but because he will find it hard to cope without you".
For the fact that you are also finding it hard to let go doesn't mean you love them so much, you are equally addicted to them and coping without them is the biggest challenge addiction brings along with it. If you say you love then you should also find it hard not coping without hearing from your siblings,friends and past schoolmates you've not heared from or don't hear from on a daily basis.
Whenever something or someone is causing you so much pain and you just can't let go of them you are merely addicted to them.
Your inability to let them go isn't because you love them but because you just can't cope without them which means you are addicted to them.
Next time when your abusive partner says to you they still love you, it simply means they are addicted to you and cannot cope without you not because they love you.
There's no point staying in that relationship when their actions is bringing you so much hurt and pain. Just like the drug addict needs help you equally need help to overcome such addiction. Don't make the mistake of pushing it and enduring the hurt just to achieve one aim which is them marrying you.
It won't get better in marriage,marriage is not a rehabilitation center and getting married shouldn't be your ultimate goal or the reward you get from enduring hurts from someone who is abusive.
Abuse here could be verbal or physical so long you keep worrying and feeling hurt everytime, either from their cheating nature or otherwise you are equally being abused.ONLY SILLY PEOPLE STAY IN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP WITHOUT SEEKING HELP..

Source >> http://www./2013/09/love-is-not-what-is-keeping-you-with.html
Re: Love Is Not What Is Keeping You With Them But Addiction by Kanwulia: 10:01am On Sep 29, 2013
Please, I don't know any couple in this kind of relationship o! I don't fraternize with MGBEKES OR LOKITOS! kiss
Re: Love Is Not What Is Keeping You With Them But Addiction by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 29, 2013
SO? How will a person of this kind let go now? It's easy to say let go but HOW does one ACTUALLY DO it?
Re: Love Is Not What Is Keeping You With Them But Addiction by chaplin4u: 11:07am On Sep 29, 2013
carefreewannabe: SO? How will a person of this kind let go now? It's easy to say let go but HOW does one ACTUALLY DO it?

It's so simple, pack your bags and walk away.
Re: Love Is Not What Is Keeping You With Them But Addiction by mspee(f): 11:43am On Sep 29, 2013
Well said, but letting go is so hard. Is there anyway to let go without being hurt?
Re: Love Is Not What Is Keeping You With Them But Addiction by Galads(m): 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
chaplin4u:

It's so simple, pack your bags and walk away.
its neva simple, let's not deceiv ourselves. My girlfrnd has always being arund me, she knows every little thing about me and same with me. I got spoilt early so I use to be a bad player coupled with my military life. Most of the time, the babes are alway the once tempting me. Going for nysc, I decided to face my future squarely and forget about playing games. I met this babe, I had no intention to date her, but how God took us to same PPA still remains a miracle. (Final day on camp we wr holding hands and saying bye bye to each other. I didn't even colect her number until we got our posting letter. Posted to same place.) Became Bestfriends and started dating. Always together 2,4,7. Even after NYSC. She changed me from a player to a faithful guy. With a lot of things she does that will normally make me end the relationship without thinking twice.(Deleting messages, embarrassing my female friends, etc) stil I endured. Of recent, she left my place bck to her family, I madeup my mind to just let her go finally because I suspect she is not clean and she wants to make me clean. For 4days I have nt picked her call after she left my place and I told her not to call me, lots of begging, as am typing nw, she is seriously sick. I missed her a lot but still I don't want to call her . Every nite I can't sleep cause of my pride I can't still call her. I have turned into a drunkard all of a sudden. Guys its not easy to let go

(1) (Reply)

His Father's Death. / To All The Men Married To Their Mothers / Should She Stay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.