Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Hike In UNILORIN Charges. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hike In UNILORIN Charges. (1291 Views)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / World Aids Day As Celebrated In UNILORIN (Photos) / Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hike In UNILORIN Charges. by Alpet(m): 11:15am On Sep 29, 2013
It is important for both parents and students and general public at large to know about the sudden new development in the school charges of University of Ilorin for the 2013/2014 academic session. I think the school administration under the leadership of Prof. Abdul-Ganiyu Ambali is callous. The hike in the university charges is abnormal. The school charges (University charges and faculty charges) is increased by 73% (100L). The bank charges is still intact likewise the minor charges per departmental borrowed course. The university charges and faculty charges now are far different from the old charges. While the university charges increase with 86.14% from #34,250 to #63,750, the faculty charges increase with 3.23% from #6,200 to #6,400. The total increase (in percent) of the total amount payable is 73% from #40,700 to #70,400 excluding the minor charges. This increase cannot be bear by all the students. Not all the freshers and returning students can afford the new charges. Likewise the increase in the acceptance fee from #5,000 to #10,000 as the acceptance fee and from #30 to #250 as the bank charge. NOTE: The charges above is for Faculty of Communication and Information Science, though all the faculty(ies) increase at the same rate.
Re: Hike In UNILORIN Charges. by Ola2njee: 11:25am On Sep 29, 2013
Professor oloyede's administration did not charge up to this amount yet they managed to uphold the standard.Now they are ranked 6th in Nigeria
Re: Hike In UNILORIN Charges. by Lanrefahm(m): 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
Its totally not fair, life is infact not fair, buh wot r we to do?
Re: Hike In UNILORIN Charges. by Hearme(m): 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ask how much is being paid for Montessori education per term in Lagos? Compared to your new per fee. Same story I will keep saying, if government cannot subsidize education, they should stop deceiving us.

the school is free from ASUU Strike, SUG protest and so on because they are able to raise funds. My last visit in 2007 after 3 years made me wonder on the kind of infrastructure the school has in place. Not even UNILAG can boast of that. Lecturers attend sponsored conferences, researches are sponsored e.t.c. This all buoys down to availability of funds,

it is either government sponsors education fully as requested by ASUU or they allow the schools to generate sufficient fund to keep it running. God bless Unilorin
Re: Hike In UNILORIN Charges. by Alpet(m): 2:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
Hearme: Ask how much is being paid for Montessori education per term in Lagos? Compared to your new per fee. Same story I will keep saying, if government cannot subsidize education, they should stop deceiving us.

the school is free from ASUU Strike, SUG protest and so on because they are able to raise funds. My last visit in 2007 after 3 years made me wonder on the kind of infrastructure the school has in place. Not even UNILAG can boast of that. Lecturers attend sponsored conferences, researches are sponsored e.t.c. This all buoys down to availability of funds,

it is either government sponsors education fully as requested by ASUU or they allow the schools to generate sufficient fund to keep it running. God bless Unilorin
But what u were paying then, is it as high as this when compared with other universities.
Re: Hike In UNILORIN Charges. by Samgreguc(m): 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
your own is even better.
Uniport increased their acceptance fee from #10,000 to #30,000.

(1) (Reply)

The Present Strike May Last Up To 5 Years If FG Remains Adamant - ASUU / Ongoing Admission Process To School Outside Nigeria / See Photo Of Oouite Who Likes Drinking Hypo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.