Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? (17934 Views)

Happy Independence Day Nigeria And Happy New Month!!! / What Is The Most Surprising Fact You Learnt From The Independence Music Video? / Pictures Of Nigerian Independence Day Parade In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by point5: 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
Photoshop tinx,,end of tim liez
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by emmabest2000(m): 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
jimcaddy: Guys kindly take a look at this picture and tell me what you think. Though I hear it is an individual who is planning to give them out on Independence Day, October 1st, 2013.

Source: http://www.jimcaddy..com/2013/09/photo-could-rumours-of-gold-plated.html
Lol where is the Green colour nao grin

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by idrisolaide(m): 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
Panda!
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
why would seun allow nairaland to be used for propagation of false hood and you would call your self leader of tomorrow.

i guess you dont know what trash like this is doing to the image of your father land .

why would such trash as this and other BS from some faceless bloggers always make it to front page.

nairaland and its owners, what do u stand to gain
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by free2ryhme: 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
shachris02: Looks very much like a photoshop to me. But nothing is impossible in Naija.

Meanwhile, make sure to check the trending topic.

#Teamsexkillzmustgo
. Guy let's mobilize on this hastag I am up foR it if u need my suppoRt
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by shachris02: 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
free2ryhme: . Guy let's mobilize on this hastag I am up foR it if u need my suppoRt

We need you here https://www.nairaland.com/1458977/sexkillz-must-go
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by brosdoncome(m): 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mtcheeew....so iphone don dey resemble mathset lipsrsealed
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by theoctopus: 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
Some people no get work, They must do everything to make sure their rumor of gold iphones is seems to be real/
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Dollarjunkie: 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
All na wash. Photoshop is a very good bad application. grin

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by ITbomb(m): 1:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
And this photoshop false news made the frontpage.
Maku was right about regulating the social media.
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by lekkie073(m): 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
Fotopanelbeating.....normally with d angle at which d fone is held, d horse closer to the thumb should appear bigger than the other. But the reverse is the case here.....
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by joywendy(f): 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
Lmao iphone!! Not only iphone, samsung S4. *hiss* photoshop at its peak. Nt only gold,plantium. Smh. Media and their fake news. Cant bliv ppl r fallin 4 dis!
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by jimcaddy(m): 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
I wonder why people are throwing jibes. If you look at the heading, I said 'Could This Be?' I wanted you all to decide.. I wasn't certain myself, that was why I put a question mark.

It could be photoshop, it could be real. Besides, I went to the Gold and Co company on Twitter and followed a conversation when someone took them on this issue.

The company said that what was said in the media was misquoted.

They clarified their claim by saying the iphones were not ordered by the Nigerian government, but it was ordered by an individual who plans to give it out to people to celebrate the Independence.

Who says that individual cannot be Aliko Dangote or any other rich individual in Nigeria.

The company also said that the order was to print the Nigeria Coat of Arms on the iPhones.. So there is a possibility guys. Maybe this might not be the real picture, but there is definitely an order from a certain 'individual'
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Itsalphaa(m): 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
where the camera na?? if its the front, then where's the screen
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by kennyslim1(m): 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
matzoro: :it may, it may nt...unless i touch am...

grin you don dey fine fone u go tiff abi?
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by docjuli(m): 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
Poor Photoshop work.

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by docjuli(m): 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
jimcaddy: I wonder why people are throwing jibes. If you look at the heading, I said 'Could This Be?' I wanted you all to decide.. I wasn't certain myself, that was why I put a question mark.

It could be photoshop, it could be real. Besides, I went to the Gold and Co company on Twitter and followed a conversation when someone took them on this issue.

The company said that what was said in the media was misquoted.

They clarified their claim by saying the iphones were not ordered by the Nigerian government, but it was ordered by an individual who plans to give it out to people to celebrate the Independence.

Who says that individual cannot be Aliko Dangote or any other rich individual in Nigeria.

The company also said that the order was to print the Nigeria Coat of Arms on the iPhones.. So there is a possibility guys. Maybe this might not be the real picture, but there is definitely an order from a certain 'individual'

Ok.

Then modify the first post. Copy and paste the explanation above.
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
OP, ain't that an extended pack of Benson and Hedges cigarette? Nicely designed thou. tongue
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by theoctopus: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
docjuli:

Ok.

Then modify the first post. Copy and paste the explanation above.

Dont mind him. He knows what he is doing. They are dishonest scammers. Why did the mod rush it to the front page if he is not sure? Why ignore a better thread that spells everything out properly?

Scammers!

https://www.nairaland.com/1459557/apc-mega-scam-length-enemies

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by akandea(m): 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
I'll would not be easily shocked again now, at least they've not mince word when they said they or he said he does not give a DAMN and since then they've not look back. For now anything is possible and anything goes until God save Nigeria
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
ON THE EIGHT DAY GOD CREATED PHOTOSHOP
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by akandea(m): 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
My shock absorber is in good condition so things don't easily shock me anymore. When the president say he does not give a damn and other bought a leaf from him, I knew anything can happen and anything goes. So true or false I belief its can happen
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Rumin8(m): 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
gonzaga:
We know for sure that the government had neither sent invitations to 53 countries or shortlisted 53 Nigerians for any kind of award. For who then are these phones been ordered for?

Erm, I'm sorry but how do you know for sure that the government had neither sent invitations nor shortlisted 53 for award? Saw it on NTA? Or you follow Abati on Twitter?

This government has shown a readiness to throw money around on meaningless activities so you can't be too certain that they are unwilling to throw more money again on these gold iPhones. While the above photograph may be doctored, it doesn't change the fact that orders for 53 iPhones may truly have been placed by the government.
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by Dagoma: 4:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
Yes it could be, cause I could see its worth the 12.5 million naira contracted for each.
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by agent9(m): 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
Maybe i am d person dat ordered dis.....hun
Re: Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? by iamdsam: 3:26pm On Oct 01, 2013
I gonna have mine customized in the future. It looks nice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Nairalander Displays Numerious Awards He Won With A Famous Nigerian Bank / Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) / Flood Sacks Makurdi Residents, Destroys Homes (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.