Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October (32682 Views)

NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters / Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors / FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by lorenzos1: 4:04am On Sep 30, 2013
Dunno when our govt would become responsive to the sectors that affect the average man.ASUU neva finish now residents doctors again..can't imaginee how many lives would be lost due to emergency. Cases that are not attendded to..

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 4:09am On Sep 30, 2013
firedup: meanwhile,nard -are they not post garduate students? how come they are paid? is it not them that should pay fg school fees for using the hospital and patients as a practising tool(lab animals)?
now why are they complaining when ippis have exposed that they work as residents(pg students) in one Fg hospital and also m.o(medical officer) in another fg hospital and also working inalary private hospitals thereby collecting salary triple which is against the law.
u guys should just leave Gej alone
they may be students & indeed they pay for their training. Nard's almost exclusively in charge of running these fg hospitals - they work 10times as hard as the consultants training dem & of course receive much less pay (which is to be expected since u cant expect to be paid more dan ur teacher). Without Nard, there would be no federal hospitals & d standard of practice wld drop considerably.
As for working in two federal hospitals, i think u got ur facts mixed up, that's not even possible mostly due to d busy schedule of most of dem
And d last time i checked, ANYONE is free to run a private business as long as it doesn't interfere with ur primary assignment...
That being said, i have never supported strikes by doctors, be it at d federal or state level...

15 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Orikinla(m): 4:15am On Sep 30, 2013
damesla: I think these is the gift they intend giving Nigeria for her 53birthday hmmm too bad
. The laws of harvest never fail. And we often reap more than we sow.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 4:31am On Sep 30, 2013
Orikinla: When these doctors go on strike, many poor patients suffer and die. But the rich patients can always go to the private hospitals of these same doctors, because when they go on strike at the government hospitals, their private hospitals boom. These Nigerian doctors care less about their poor patients. Even if they don't fear God, they should have some sense of morality and conscience. Many poor people have died, because of these inhuman strikes. I have seen Nigerian doctors treat poor patients like their life is worthless without money in ER. The fact is nobody prays and wishes for tragedies that happen without notice and at such emergencies, most people are rushed to the hospitals with whatever amount of money they have on them and yet in most cases the doctors don't treat them without first asking for payment. That is why you can hardly find Good Samaritans in Nigeria during emergencies, because Nigerian doctors will not treat strangers in emergencies. But in the United States of America, Europe and even in Asia, doctors rush to the rescue of even strangers to save their lives in emergencies before asking for money. Why are Nigerian doctors even doctors? For the prestige of the title of the profession? For the high income? Or for their love of caring for and saving lives? One thing I want to tell these Nigerian doctors is, WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IN GOD OR NOT, THERE IS GOD AND HE KNOWS AND SEES ALL THINGS AND EVERY LIFE IS PRECIOUS TO HIM NO MATTER THE SOCIAL CLASS STATUS OF THE PERSON, AND GOD WILL CERTAINLY TREAT YOU AS YOU TREAT YOUR FELLOW HUMAN BEING. THE LAWS OF HARVEST NEVER FAIL AND EITHER YOU, MEMBERS OF YOUR FAMILY OR RELATIONS WILL PAY THE PRICE SOONER OR LATER FOR EVERY CRIME OR EVIL YOU DO. GOD IS WATCHING US ALL. BEWARE OF GOD.

if u were truly a xtian, u'd not post this. It reels of pure sentiment, religion & ignorance - a very dangerous combination

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by 3ace(m): 4:35am On Sep 30, 2013
sigmundfreud: ...Nigeria JagaJaga...
Let OBJ catch you.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by 4reigningqueen: 4:58am On Sep 30, 2013
...a terrible time to fall sick.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by timowale: 5:20am On Sep 30, 2013
Like someone once posted on this forum,the nation must address the many 'P' s issues confronting it first.
Pervasive Corruption
Petroleum Subsidy Thieves
Pension Fund Scam
Police
Papa decieving pikin
Pentecostal Churches.....add yours
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by phantom(m): 5:32am On Sep 30, 2013
Orikinla: When these doctors go on strike, many poor patients suffer and die. But the rich patients can always go to the private hospitals of these same doctors, because when they go on strike at the government hospitals, their private hospitals boom. These Nigerian doctors care less about their poor patients. Even if they don't fear God, they should have some sense of morality and conscience. Many poor people have died, because of these inhuman strikes. I have seen Nigerian doctors treat poor patients like their life is worthless without money in ER. The fact is nobody prays and wishes for tragedies that happen without notice and at such emergencies, most people are rushed to the hospitals with whatever amount of money they have on them and yet in most cases the doctors don't treat them without first asking for payment. That is why you can hardly find Good Samaritans in Nigeria during emergencies, because Nigerian doctors will not treat strangers in emergencies. But in the United States of America, Europe and even in Asia, doctors rush to the rescue of even strangers to save their lives in emergencies before asking for money. Why are Nigerian doctors even doctors? For the prestige of the title of the profession? For the high income? Or for their love of caring for and saving lives? One thing I want to tell these Nigerian doctors is, WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IN GOD OR NOT, THERE IS GOD AND HE KNOWS AND SEES ALL THINGS AND EVERY LIFE IS PRECIOUS TO HIM NO MATTER THE SOCIAL CLASS STATUS OF THE PERSON, AND GOD WILL CERTAINLY TREAT YOU AS YOU TREAT YOUR FELLOW HUMAN BEING. THE LAWS OF HARVEST NEVER FAIL AND EITHER YOU, MEMBERS OF YOUR FAMILY OR RELATIONS WILL PAY THE PRICE SOONER OR LATER FOR EVERY CRIME OR EVIL YOU DO. GOD IS WATCHING US ALL. BEWARE OF GOD.
you are very wicked! Some doctors have not been paid for four months and you say they shouldnt strike for it.what would you have done? 4 MONTHS! All you want is for them to slave till they die abi? They are robots not human beings abi? You must be deranged.

3 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 5:34am On Sep 30, 2013
I just wake nahin I see this ting, nahin I say make I comment.. Abeg make I go sh'it come back e be like say the ting wan fall frm my nyansh!

Make I first open my yansh make my fresh hair collect fresh airgrin
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by deenee: 5:44am On Sep 30, 2013
I think that "Privitization" of all infrastructure is the only way forward.

Resident doctors that don't resume work on time, don't attend to patients professionally. Divert profitable medical cases to their own private practice thereby creating income leakage for the government, steal drugs subsidized by government and sell them at exorbitant prices and also run their own private practice.

I am of the opinion that if all these govt agencies are privatized and people are in all sincerity paid for the number of work hours that they clock in as obtainable abroad, strike will be a thing of the past.

At the end of the day even if their demands are met, there won't be any significant increase in the quality of service that is provided. Same is also applicable to the education sector.

At the end the "common man" who can't afford to pay for private health service or for private education is the ultimate loser.

May God bless Nigeria and instill in us a spirit of patriotism.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by ifycent2: 6:00am On Sep 30, 2013
tbagjames: This strike has become a cheap commodity, even those who couldnt say anything are now blabing. Its everywhere lik sachets of pure water. Just close down the nation Mr. President

not shut down man.....blcos people wil die...

Na to Resell dis our country to OYIBO PEOPLE........
Blcos i don tire in dis country...
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 30, 2013
Nurry:

Maybe if the government of the day had handled issues properly, there wouldn't be a need to strike
Hmm, I hope the government won't embark on strike as well, cos it seems the "strike" thing is becoming fashionable. Soon, our nurses will be warming up for theirs too, oh! the pharmacists, lab scientists, mortuary people etc

ASUU, then SSANU, NASU, ASUP, soon you will hear of NUT etc!
Even those unions that have nothing to do with the FG will join in...

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Omadachi(m): 6:02am On Sep 30, 2013
And GEJ is strategising for possible re-election as if is his birth right.Nothing is working in the country and some people still insist GEJ is the best candidate for 2015.Unemployment is on the increase,peolpe are suffering,corruption has become the other of the day......
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by ACM10: 6:02am On Sep 30, 2013
Seriously doctors are doing slave labour in this country.Yet some less endowed folks are earning a monthly salary doctors never dream of earning in their entire career. how can one explain that Hazard allowance is less than N10,000($62). How can one explain the numerous pin-pricks from HIV and hepatitis B patients? How can one explain the exposure to multi-drug resistant tuberculosis? How can one explain the exposure to Lassa fever? I salute our colleagues that fell in the line of duty. I also salute those that are wasting away from what they got while treating their patients. They are the real heroes.

To be frank, NARD is not pushing the government hard enough. I don't blame the misinformed public that are quick to accuse doctors of greediness in the event of industrial action. None of them has ever asked the politicians why our health sector is the way it is. None of them has ever asked why the paedophilic National assembly consumes 40% of the budget. None of them has ever asked the politicians which of their counterparts in other countries flies abroad when they are sick. Nigeria has human resources. What the doctors are agitating is better training environment. This is for the good of everyone. We should learn to ask government hard questions.

Pls ignore my errors. I'm posting with my smartphone.

12 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Actionleap: 6:05am On Sep 30, 2013
From what I learnt, the FG is trying to weed out ghost workers. The people handling the electronics/biometric registration waited in these hospitals like LUTH for a whole month and none of the doctors showed up for the registration. Hence, the FG said if you don't sort out the ghost workers among you, the FG won't be able to pay. Most Nigerians workers (public and private) are very corrupt, yet they scream loudest calling the govt corrupt.

3 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by alkonami(m): 6:08am On Sep 30, 2013
Actionleap: From what I learnt, the FG is trying to weed out ghost workers. The people handling the electronics/biometric registration waited in these hospitals like LUTH for a whole month and none of the doctors showed up for the registration. Hence, the FG said if you don't sort out the ghost workers among you, the FG won't be able to pay. Most Nigerians workers (public and private) are very corrupt, yet they scream loudest calling the govt corrupt.

So??
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by ACM10: 6:10am On Sep 30, 2013
Actionleap: From what I learnt, the FG is trying to weed out ghost workers. The people handling the electronics/biometric registration waited in these hospitals like LUTH for a whole month and none of the doctors showed up for the registration. Hence, the FG said if you don't sort out the ghost workers among you, the FG won't be able to pay. Most Nigerians workers (public and private) are very corrupt, yet they scream loudest calling the govt corrupt.

Another misinformed person. Did you care go through their demands?

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 30, 2013
ACM10: Seriously doctors are doing slave labour in this country.Yet some less endowed folks are earning a monthly salary doctors never dream of earning in their entire career. how can one explain that Hazard allowance is less than N10,000($62). How can one explain the numerous pin-pricks from HIV and hepatitis B patients? How can one explain the exposure to multi-drug resistant tuberculosis? How can one explain the exposure to Lassa fever? I salute our colleagues that fell in the line of duty. I also salute those that are wasting away from what they got while treating their patients. They are the real heroes.

To be frank, NARD is not pushing the government hard enough. I don't blame the misinformed public that are quick to accuse doctors of greediness in the event of industrial action. None of them has ever asked the politicians why our health sector is the way it is. None of them has ever asked why the paedophilic National assembly consumes 40% of the budget. None of them has ever asked the politicians which of their counterparts in other countries flies abroad when they are sick. Nigeria has human resources. What the doctors are agitating is better training environment. This is for the good of everyone. We should learn to ask government hard questions.

Pls ignore my errors. I'm posting with my smartphone.
Agreed! Everybody is agitating for better training environment, better pay etc! But whoever compares his pay to a politician's has lost it totally.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Babaek: 6:14am On Sep 30, 2013
koolg: some doctors have not been paid salary for the past 4months shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
imagine working for 4months without pay. chai
which doctors? U shouldn't comment on topics above ur intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Davo93(m): 6:18am On Sep 30, 2013
That will not be too good at this time o... please the doctors should...
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 30, 2013
clue:
Agreed! Everybody is agitating for better training environment, better pay etc! But whoever compares his pay to a politician's has lost it totally.
Lost it how? Its not fair o!
Wait a min, this guys are equally without blame too. I thot every govt hospital is "managed" by a CMD? A doc?
Why then is corruption so prevalent in these hospitals? FMC OWO Ondo state for instance
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by talk2s(m): 6:28am On Sep 30, 2013
[quote author=alkonami]

So??

U're asking 'so?'
U are CORRUPTION personified!
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by texazzpete(m): 6:32am On Sep 30, 2013

Its so pathetic seeing someone as educated as yourself put aside his brains and make inane and daft comments whenever the issue of doctors strike comes up.

Part of the reason why the strike option is the only one left to the likes of ASUU and doctors is because they know that if they take their plight to the court of public opinion, people like you will happily recommend the 'suffering and smiling' approach.

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 30, 2013
Our labour laws should seriously be reviewed to check these incessant strikes...

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by ameenahz(f): 6:44am On Sep 30, 2013
andrewyoung:
your ignorance and utter foolishness says a lot. Are u a school of nursing pupil?

Yes, the guy spoke out of ignorance. But what has that got to do with being a school of nursing pupil? Your comparison was uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by manmade(m): 6:45am On Sep 30, 2013
firedup: meanwhile,nard -are they not post garduate students? how come they are paid? is it not them that should pay fg school fees for using the hospital and patients as a practising tool(lab animals)?
now why are they complaining when ippis have exposed that they work as residents(pg students) in one Fg hospital and also m.o(medical officer) in another fg hospital and also working inalary private hospitals thereby collecting salary triple which is against the law.
Thank you my good brother,even merely looking @ their demands especially no.3 and 4 any reasonable man will know they are unreasonable and have political flavour, you can imagine all these educated illiterate goons calling on FG to force a State to pay their members MESS .
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Biibra: 6:45am On Sep 30, 2013
[quote
author=Cele-pope]It's obvious these various strike has now become a
grand conspiracy to bring down the government of the day[/quote]

because it is a useless goverment!
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by blackbeau1(f): 6:50am On Sep 30, 2013
Thank God.@ least Dr Olah,the Workaholic will rest.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by texazzpete(m): 6:56am On Sep 30, 2013
deenee: I think that "Privitization" of all infrastructure is the only way forward.

Resident doctors that don't resume work on time, don't attend to patients professionally. Divert profitable medical cases to their own private practice thereby creating income leakage for the government, steal drugs subsidized by government and sell them at exorbitant prices and also run their own private practice.

I am of the opinion that if all these govt agencies are privatized and people are in all sincerity paid for the number of work hours that they clock in as obtainable abroad, strike will be a thing of the past.

At the end of the day even if their demands are met, there won't be any significant increase in the quality of service that is provided. Same is also applicable to the education sector.

At the end the "common man" who can't afford to pay for private health service or for private education is the ultimate loser.

May God bless Nigeria and instill in us a spirit of patriotism.

According to this lunatic I've quoted, all resident doctors have their own private clinics.
Does this dolt know how much it costs to set up a private practice?

SOME doctors have their own clinics. Stereotypically insinuating that all doctors have their own clinics is just idiotic.

Finally, there is nothing wrong with a doctor having a private clinic, as long as there is no conflict of interest. Those private clinics employ doctors that treat your fellow Nigerians too. Let the Government pay the doctors for services rendered and stop wasting our money on rubbish ventures.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by dhtml(m): 6:56am On Sep 30, 2013
I lack a suitable reply for this post. But it shows lack of understanding to be honest. I will leave it at that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue / Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) / Profiling Nigerians Who Died Of COVID-19 Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.