Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,486 members, 7,954,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:14 AM

The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands (4237 Views)

10 Categories Of Husbands You Will Mostly Find In Nigeria / How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Types Of Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by tpia5: 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
Rhythm:

Well to me, writing a book entitled 'the proper care and feeding of men' is insulting and kinda derogatory for the menfolk

well, true, but maybe thats the only way some ladies can understand the message she's trying to pass across? Maybe some men too, wouldnt understand any other way.

some weeks ago i remember asking why threads were popping up where females were being told to treat men like babies, it sounded strange to me but perhaps that's modern lingo.
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by soulglo: 6:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
bukatyne:

Have you come across her books before?

She is twice divorced and her second husband was a married man with kids when she met him. That did not stop her. She started a relationship with him anyway and he left his and children to be with her. But who knows she probably became saved since then. Maybe that girl on the other thread who was teaching other women how to take better care of their husbands read Laura Schlessiger's book. Oh yes or the fact that she cut off her whole family including her mother who died alone in her house. They found her body there a few weeks later. To be honest I am not surprised that she is popular with Nigerian christian women. It would surprise me if educated Nigerian Muslim women would take a second look at any of her books
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by texanomaly(f): 6:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
@ soul_glo

Source?
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by mysticgal(f): 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
good thread

1 Like

Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
soul_glo:

She is twice divorced and her second husband was a married man with kids when she met him. That did not stop her. She started a relationship with him anyway and he left his and children to be with her. But who knows she probably became saved since then. Maybe that girl on the other thread who was teaching other women how to take better care of their husbands read Laura Schlessiger's book. Oh yes or the fact that she cut off her whole family including her mother who died alone in her house. They found her body there a few weeks later. To be honest I am not surprised that she is popular with Nigerian christian women. It would surprise me if educated Nigerian Muslim women would take a second look at any of her books

When someone mentioned the last name Schlessinger, there was something quite familiar about it but I couldn't quite remember, so I just looked it up and lo and behold, she was the conservative radio host on the news who repeatedly said 'nigger, nigger, nigger' like a million times to a black woman caller on her show even though the woman kept telling her it was offensive. She eventually quit the show after the outcry because she wanted to 'retain her first amendment rights' and be able to say anything she wants. Lol!
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
armyofone: imagine that 3 As, that got me stinged!! grin
Maybe she is talking about our Caucasian brothers grin
Original afri guys = let me see money before the As grin

Don't mind the yeye woman. The 3 A's are supposed to go both ways, but according to her, only one gender needs to perform them.

Lol @ original Afri guys, they are not smiling. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Rhythm(f): 6:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
ileobatojo:

Don't mind the yeye woman. The 3 A's are supposed to go both ways, but according to her, only one gender needs to perform them.

Lol @ original Afri guys, they are not smiling. cheesy
Argumentum ad hominem
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
Rhythm:
Argumentum ad hominem

A complete and utter falsehood.
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Rhythm(f): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
ileobatojo:

A complete and utter falsehood.
How is that?
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
Rhythm:
How is that?

How about you start by explaining how the post you quoted was an ad hominem?
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Rhythm(f): 7:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
ileobatojo:

How about you start by explaining how the post you quoted was an ad hominem?

Cuz all I see here is you guys ignoring the issue at hand and attacking the writer. Basically, the article talks about The Three A's": appreciation, approval and affection. What has the fact that she's been married 'ten' times got to do with it.
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
Rhythm:

Cuz all I see here is you guys ignoring the issue at hand and attacking the writer. Basically, the article talks about The Three A's": appreciation, approval and affection. What has the fact that she's been married 'ten' times got to do with it.

Where in that post you quoted does it say anything about the writer being married ten times?
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Rhythm(f): 7:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
ileobatojo:

Where in that post you quoted does it say anything about the writer being married ten times?
Oh please, is that the best you can do. You know clearly its not just about the quoted post. You guys were already going on and on and I just quoted your last post before I dropped a comment.

What do you have to say for this then.
When someone mentioned the last name Schlessinger, there was something quite familiar about it but I couldn't quite remember, so I just looked it up and lo and behold, she was the conservative radio host on the news who repeatedly said 'nigger, nigger, nigger' like a million times to a black woman caller on her show even though the woman kept telling her it was offensive. She eventually quit the show after the outcry because she wanted to 'retain her first amendment rights' and be able to say anything she wants. Lol!
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
Rhythm:
Oh please, is that the best you can do. You know clearly its not just about the quoted post. You guys were already going on and on and I just quoted your last post before I dropped a comment.

Now that it's proven that your comment was a complete falsehood you want to switch the goal post? I was going on and on?

What do you have to say for this then.

Now we can have a conversation about ad hominems. But you're still wrong. It is not an ad hominem because I did not in any way use it to discredit her statements in her book. I was simply trying to figure out where I had heard that name and when I did, I posted it in line with the conversation at the time. I had already made my opinion about the article known a long time ago and the post you quoted was completely in line with my opinion.

Also, where in this post does it state that she was married 10 times? Perhaps you need to quote another poster for further discussions on logical fallacies.
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Rhythm(f): 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
ileobatojo:

Now that it's proven that your comment was a complete falsehood you want to switch the goal post? I was going on and on?

Now we can have a conversation about ad hominems. But you're still wrong. It is not an ad hominem because I did not in any way use it to discredit her statements in her book. I was simply trying to figure out where I had heard that name and when I did, I posted it in line with the conversation at the time. I had already made my opinion about the article known a long time ago and the post you quoted was completely in line with my opinion.

Also, where in this post does it state that she was married 10 times? Perhaps you need to quote another poster for further discussions on logical fallacies.

No one has time for your typical NL round about arguments. When I say 'ten' I put it in quotes for a reason. I don't need to quote anything else, you can scroll up and read what you both wrote. My point is, the OP asked for your opinions on the woman's book, not her life history or mistakes. So...
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
It goes both ways....not just the wifey....the husband na Shrine? angry

How about proper care to wives, mothers to their kids... Men needs training and counseling too.

6 Likes

Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
Rhythm:

No one has time for your typical NL round about arguments.

And yet, you've replied me every single time.

My point is, the OP asked for your opinions on the woman's book. So...

So tell me, how do your last 5 posts qualify as your opinion on the woman's book?
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by texanomaly(f): 8:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
Amelian: It goes both ways....not just the wifey....the husband na Shrine? angry

How about proper care to wives, mothers to their kids... Men needs training and counseling too.
Thank you for your comment. I agree. We all need training. Any suggestions?

I have to say also that I agree with those who have mentioned the bible as a source of information on this subject. I will say though that not all NLz read the bible, so it is not a viable option for all.
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by bukatyne(f): 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
Amelian: It goes both ways....not just the wifey....the husband na Shrine? angry

According to the author, men are simple creatures who needs to be constantly under the care of women.

If it is meant to be a compliment or insult, I do not know

1 Like

Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by bukatyne(f): 8:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
texanomaly:
Thank you for your comment. I agree. We all need training. Any suggestions?

I have to say also that I agree with those who have mentioned the bible as a source of information on this subject. I will say though that not all NLz read the bible, so it is not a viable option for all.

I did not intend the bible to be the source of info for all; I was comparing the fact that the Bible spoke to both husbands and wives. The koran also counsels husbands and wives.

Any serious martial counselor should speak to both. Some might author books for one sex only BUT will acknowledge the fact that the other party needs to work at it too.

That's the problem I have with her.

3 Likes

Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Rhythm(f): 8:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
ileobatojo:

And yet, you've replied me every single time.

So tell me, how do your last 5 posts qualify as your opinion on the woman's book?
I read the article and gave my opinion on my first post. Stayed around to read more and all I saw was argumentum ad hominem tongue
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
As a Christian I know that God started with Adam then Eve followed, in the bible it says a man is the head of the house. Men played an important role in the bible and I think we shouldn't exclude them in anything we do. I had a thread for single ladies which I later closed because it screamed 'Feminism' on it.

I read 13 resolutions for women and I was glad when I saw 13 resolutions for men on the website. The sooner we realise that our men needs those three A's the better, we should remember also that our men are humans, they have feelings just like us....kiss

2 Likes

Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
Rhythm:
I read the article and gave my opinion on my first post. Stayed around to read more and all I saw was argumentum ad hominem tongue

See me see this woman o! I thought you didn't have time? Leave me jare! tongue
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Rhythm(f): 9:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
ileobatojo:

See me see this woman o! I thought you didn't have time? Leave me jare! tongue

Lol, you've been left tongue
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by texanomaly(f): 10:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
bukatyne:

I did not intend the bible to be the source of info for all; I was comparing the fact that the Bible spoke to both husbands and wives. The koran also counsels husbands and wives.

Any serious martial counselor should speak to both. Some might author books for one sex only BUT will acknowledge the fact that the other party needs to work at it too.

That's the problem I have with her.
Noted...Thanks
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Nobody: 2:34am On Oct 01, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Im a Dr Laura fan. I think she has a lot of great advice.

My opinion on these three A's concerning what was written here..

Appreciation: Women do like to talk... but they shouldnt talk about their husbands behind their back.. Even just venting can be bad. Its ok to be annoyed with your partner, but keep it between yourself and your partner. Talking badly about your husband to other women, friends, or whoever is just bad. What kind of loving wife does that? Women should acknowledge the good and natural appreciation will come. Be thankful for the simple things and you will love your husband more, but dwell on the bad things and you are likely to brew annoyance in yourself. Learn patience!

Approval: Im going to add acceptance to this. Just as a woman is made to rely on a man, so is a man made to rely on a woman. Without going into religion, we require the other for life wink... A man needs acceptance and approval in order to feel like he is doing a good job. He needs to know that he is doing the right thing for his wife, his life, and his family. A woman doesnt always have to agree with what is happening with her husband, but she should accept it and support him (unless its stupid as hell, in that case just slap the man into reality a few times grin). Having that acceptance means the woman will succumb naturally to submission to approve of the mans choices. It will make everybody happier. A home can't be run by two leaders.

Affection: You can blame it on hormones or whatever, but its true most guys want sex more than most girls.. Its natural.. Women need to learn to "give in" to their men. When the man is happy then the rest of the house is happy. Affection doesnt always have to be about sex though. Treat him with kindness, pamper him, and make his time at home stress free. Find out his "love language" and go from there.
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Nobody: 2:47am On Oct 01, 2013
Nashville: While it is good to teach these principles as it helps alot, sometimes, marriage is not that complicated. A guy and girl are dating, they are in love, they cant wait to see each other everyday, they spend hours of fun together and all of a sudden, they get married and things change. Within months, some people can barely stand the same partner they were madly in love with some months back. I think sometimes what changes is that they have unnecessary expectations that may have come from some rule book about marriage. And each person thinks the other isnt performing his/her roles.

Alot of times, we read books, manuals and manuscripts about marriage. Lots of the people who are genuinely happily married never read these books and some of them are not even religious at all. If you genuinely love your partner, no one needs to tell you what to do as that love will show. You might have some bad behaviour (which everyone does), but the simple truth is that the love will always show. Even the Bible says love covers a multitude of sin. With love comes understanding, love is not selfish nor self seeking.

Not all men are the same, a women need only to understand her man and no other man! Your write up is lovely, but frankly, more geared towards couples who are not madly in love but trying to understand and tolerate each other. I am not saying love is everything, but it is very important!

@Boldeds Wow!!! undecided

Nashville:
On e-values, I can only laugh as the real world is different from the e-world. But we are all learning!

Are you still included in the 'We' ? .......You know? 'Genuinely Married' don't need marital books and seminars.
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by bukatyne(f): 9:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
bukatyne:

@bolded, could hook up with mine wink wink wink

@striked, opportunities spring up everywhere

Second wifey ke? Tufiakwa!

Yours' and Bellong's e-values and views are not so common. It makes moi realize there is still hope for the Nigerian man. Another is Salt 1. I might not have noticed some other male posters.

E-values because in real world, you all might be pounding your wives tongue

I don't agree with all your views though grin wink

Sorry for derailing the thread.

It is so much fun reading my posts from yesteryears cheesy

@nashville, hope you are preparing for our birthday

Long time no see/read
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by kandiikane(m): 2:48am On Oct 08, 2014
Rhythm:

Oh, wait there then, I'd come find you some day...when I have time.

Lmaoooo.....

Bukatyne made good points. Men do want to be fed and pampered so I don't understand how that is derogatory.
Re: The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands by Ishikawa: 3:11pm On Feb 20, 2016
Hi @all

Does anyone know where I can get this book in Lagos? Been searching for it. Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Stole Again / Dating While Separated / Things Your Parents Wouldn't Approve Of You Doing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.