Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? (1049 Views)

Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? / Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? by ERF: 11:46am On Sep 30, 2013
"Songs of Solomon" is the 22nd book of the Holy Bible, but i have never seen or heard it being used in sermons. I heard a friend making reference to it, and i thought about sharing the same question.

Maybe it's my church, but i want to know about yours.

Had seen or heard your pastor or any other pastor preaching using SOS as the text?

If Yes, what's the topic & message all about?

If No, why? Does that means it's not worthy to be preached with but only read, or Pastors are somewhat shy to preach with it?

What do you think?

Your views & comments would be utmostly apprehended.
Re: Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
Watchman Nee wrote a teaching on it.
I never knew the book had spiritual importance. It portrays the love relationship between Christ and the Church.
Re: Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
Here is the book title. You can check a bookstore for it. "Song of Songs: The Divine
Romance Between God and
Man"
Re: Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? by Mintayo(m): 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
idnoble135: Here is the book title. You can check a bookstore for it. "Song of Songs: The Divine
Romance Between God and
Man"
love Watchman's books,very powerful.

1 Like

Re: Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? by Mintayo(m): 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
Songs of Solomon is a wonderful book of the Bible,it show how much Christ loves His bride-the saints.
It will only take a discerning heart to understand the book.
Re: Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? by ERF: 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
@Mintayo & Noble.

Had you pastor preached with it before?
Re: Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? by SugaryBelle(f): 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
Yes,mostly during weddings
Re: Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? by ERF: 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
^^

Why only weddings? The way all books are frequented, it should be done that way too. . .at least once in a why.

The bitter truth is that, they just shying away from it...
Re: Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? by SugaryBelle(f): 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
I think its mostly used during weddings because it talks about love, i dont know about the shying away part.
Re: Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
E<R>F:
@Mintayo & Noble.

Not at all. Guess they did not have not yet studied it properly.
But revelations have been brought out of it during preaching. But teaching it as a whole, its yet to happen.
Re: Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? by tobechi74: 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
The book is a romantic one and describes an ideal relationship for couple. A male and a female within marriage.

Pastor preach it only in marriage seminer./wedding

high level of immorality has led many to avoid it
Re: Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? by Mintayo(m): 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
E<R>F:
@Mintayo & Noble.

yes though not the entire book,just picked some verses and talked from them.
Re: Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? by sweetestguy(m): 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
De dnt preach wit it oo, do u want young girls and guys to stat eyeing themselves in church?
Re: Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
sweetestguy: De dnt preach wit it oo, do u want young girls and guys to stat eyeing themselves in church?
lol
Re: Had Your Pastor Ever Preached A Sermon Using "Songs Of Solomon" As The Text? by ERF: 6:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
@tobechi.

True Talk but it is had a reason there in the bible naa? Morality + Immorality.

@sweetestguy.

I think that's the reason... LoL grin

LOVE is hardly preached. Even the love of God self.

@Mintayo. That must be from a versatile pastor... Please connect us. smiley

@Noble. That's it. Lack of adequate study. They mostly jump it when studying the word, they feel it's a lil bit irrelevant. If no, then we would av known.

@sugary. Na only wedding talk about love?

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Garden Of Eden Located In This World / Is It A Sin To Wish Muslims "Happy Sallah"? / Holiness Required For Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.