Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,621 members, 7,955,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:25 PM

Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan (3059 Views)

Ritualists With Human Parts At Iyana-Ilogbo Ogun State Caught Today (Photos) / I Needed Human Head To End My Suffering – Man Confesses In Enugu (photo) / Truck Carrying Human Head In Adamawa Intercepted By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by xrisdon(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
authorities of Akinyele Local Government Area of Oyo State heaved a sigh of relief on Friday, September 20 when the mystery behind the headless corpses they usually picked in communities under the local government was resolved with the arrest of Seyi Akinrinola when he when to pick a human head he hung on a tree in the bush at Igbo-Oloyin area, Ibadan, Oyo State. Also arrested was Ajitoni Ogundeji whom Akinrinola claimed prompted his search for a head.
On that day, policemen did a lot of work to contain the large crowd which besieged Ojoo division of Oyo State Police Command to catch a glimpse of the human head and the suspects in possession of it. Despite the odour from the decomposed head, the crowd stayed put, as many more rushed to join as soon the news spread to them.
The head was obviously that of a female. The flesh around had eaten off, except for a little which was at the back, and to which the few strands of hair that remained were attached.
Akinrinola thought he was smart. To avoid being detected, after securing a head, the suspect decided to keep it on the tree until it would be dry. But the fart he thought he released silently was loud enough for others to hear.
At about 10: 00a.m. same day, the divisional Police Officer in charge of Ojoo division, Musiliu Doga, received an information that a human head was sighted on a tree. He promptly went out with his men to survey the place. After he confirmed the information he received to be true, the DPO reportedly put some of his men on ground to lay ambush for the person that would come to pick the head.
The plan worked out. According to the Police Public Relation Officer of the command, Olabisi Okuwobi-Ilobanafor, "About an hour, after the policemen laid an ambush, they saw a man who approached the site where the head was hung on a motorcycle. He got down from the bike and, holding a polythene bag, went to where the head was hung and put it the bag. As he made to go, the policemen emerged from hiding and apprehended him."
Upon arrest, Akinrinola reportedly pleaded to be handled gently as he had an accomplice. He disclosed to the policemen that it was a native doctor he consulted for help who requested for the human head in order to help him prepare a charm that would serve as bullet proof.
In an interview, 30-year-old Akinrinola, who said he was residing at Demilokun area of Igbo Oloyin, disclosed that he was once a butcher but left the job to become a farmer. He denied killing the owner of the head, saying that it belonged to a mad woman whose corpse he saw along Igbo Oloyin road.
"I am a member of Oodua People's Congress and also a farmer. When we used to go to Saki side to buy cows, armed robbers used to trouble us so much on the way. I left the butcher job about five years ago but I intend to return to it.
"Ogundeji was like a brother in my area, so I told him that I needed a charm that would prevent bullet from entering my body in case I am shot at. He told me that he would do it for me if I could bring a human head.
"I found the woman's body along Igbo Oloyin road where she died. We did not cut the head; we just pulled it off the neck."
When questioned on how he knew the corpse was that of a mad woman, Akinrinola replied: "She was a mad woman, even the villagers confirmed it. I was the one who removed the head at about 7.30p.m. about three weeks ago. After cutting it, I travelled, but I learnt that local government officials came to remove the headless body. Ogundeji is a hunter; that was why I believed he would know what to do to prepare bullet proof charm. Two days before my arrest, Ogundeji came to ask whether I got a head and I told him I have found one. I hung the head on a tree beside the house I was living because it was smelling."
On whether he was an armed robber who needed to protect himself against an onslaught by law enforcement agents, the suspect said: "Never. I have never robbed in my life. My lineage had never been involved in robbery. My arrest is a great shame because I don't even understand myself. I have never done such a thing in my life. I am an orphan because my parents are dead.
How was he caught? Akinrinola gave an answer: "I believe people from my community who saw the head informed the police."
Howhttp://m.naij.com/news/48450.html
Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Krak(m): 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
What a title.
Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by wilywily0: 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
Juju people

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
Never on earth would this make it to the front page

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by 360command: 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
Guy u harsh ooo! I never read your post yet which I hope to read. You for take am easy with your topic. Try change am , maybe e fit reach front page. A topic like this is very insulting, tribalistic. Do something about it abeg!
Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
2 hidden posts as in they were hidden?
Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Ramnon2: 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
Yaribanza pipu and their voodoo nature.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
cheesy grin
Ramnon.2:
grin grin
Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by meccuno: 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
No. Wonder boko. Haram came. For charms in oyo state......well....its part. Of. Their culture....... lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Starboy1: 9:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
He disclosed to the policemen that it was a
native doctor he consulted for help who requested for the human
head in order to help him prepare a charm that would serve as bullet
proof.
They want to use to make jazz for their Boko Haram masters up north.
Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
Western brothers at it yet again grin
Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by geeez: 9:33pm On Sep 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ozu nwuru anwu kedu ihe ina eme n'ala ndi di ndu ?
geeez:

This act is in every word condemnable

However, I can live with someone taking the head off a corpse than killing a breathing mortal

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/suspected-ritualists-behead-16-yr-old-girl-in-anambra/

http://www.earlyface.com/latest-gists-in-town/4-year-old-boy-beheaded-in-enugu-state/

http://naijagists.com/upper-class-hotel-selling-human-parts-heads-in-onitsha-anambra-state-demolished/

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by geeez: 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
chidindufrank: Ozu nwuru anwu kedu ihe ina eme n'ala ndi di ndu ?

Ori e ati ti gbogbo idile e ti daru

N'kan to ba wu ko so, ori awon ebi e lo ma bo si

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by aljharem(m): 9:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
smh igbo ppl
Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 30, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
Because I want to play nice, I took off that gory picture.
Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by bestviewer: 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
Why hasn't this thread made it to the front page? Where is Afam why can't he do his job? He won't, instead he choose to be banning people left-right-center. He has sold his soul to ofemmmmanu people for a pot porridge. His sense of reasoning damaged irreversibly because he is securing his pittance job. What a pity!

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by geeez: 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
geeez:

Ori e ati ti gbogbo idile e ti daru

N'kan to ba wu ko so, ori awon ebi e lo ma bo si
Odi ndu onwu ka nma dika gi, imakwa na udele tubara nne gi ime gi? Ama nna gi mechikwe, ibu otu agwo. ijiji na ikpurikpu n'ari nwunye gi elu,Nkita ahu ina edina ga atabi gi amu gi ahu obiri na aja ocha rikpusiri.

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by geeez: 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
geeez:

I'm sure you don't wanna start this

However, only two of the links above are substantiated

The others are/were suspects

Grow some brains please

There was A LOT more where that came from. We can play if we want. Ready?

Now I wish I left that gory picture up.
Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by geeez: 10:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
nnenna.1:

There was A LOT more where that came from. We can play if we want. Ready?

Now I wish I left that gory picture up.

More lies dimwit

Your links are not substantiated but cases of suspicion mostly

Go figure and I insist you need to grow some brains
Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
geeez:

More lies dimwit

Your links are not substantiated but cases of suspicion mostly

Go figure and I insist you need to grow some brains

What exactly makes your stories more substantiated than mine? At least 5 of those links are substantiated by victim narratives and physical evidence. Look who is talking about growing some brains.

Ritual killings are pervasive in the SW. Or are you saying that you know more than the Nigerian police:

Lagos, Ogun, Kaduna Named Hotspots for Ritual Killing
By Gboyega Akinsanmi, 10.26.2009

Add To Favorites
Print This Article
Post Comment

Lagos, Ogun and Kaduna states, among others, have been identified as the hotspots where ritual killers largely operate in the country as indicated in a confidential memo of the Nigeria Police to registered security practitioners.
A source close to the Society of Security Practitioners of Nigeria also disclosed to THISDAY that Abia, Kwara, Kaduna, Abuja, Rivers and Kogi States also have high records of ritual killing cases among other criminal activities.
Further information revealed that there were much more criminal cases, especially kidnapping, committed in different parts of the country in the past few years contrary to what the Nigeria Police had presented in the recent time.
Contrary to the report of Lagos State Police Command that 21 persons were kidnapped in the state between January 2007 and July 2009, the source disputed the report, adding that no fewer than 10 persons “fall into the net of kidnapers monthly” in the state, though it acknowledged that it was as terrible as the case of Niger Delta region.
According to the memo shared with the security practitioners on the spate of ritual killing, “the Nigeria police wish to advise all to avoid the following places as they have been identified as hot spots for ritual killings”.
In Lagos, the memo named such black spots as Isheri Olowo-Ira under Bridge, Toyota Bus Stop on Apapa-Oshodi Expressway, the Bridge linking Abiola Garden with Otedola Estate and the entire area of Ikorodu.
Aside, such places as Ota, Lambe and Mowe were identified as areas where ritual killers always operate unrestrained while Eastern By-Pass, the Bank of River, Kaduna-Abuja Expressway and Kawo Motor Park were named in Kaduna State.
Other hotspots for ritual killing in the country, according to the document, include Waterfront River Niger area of Onitsha in Anambra State; Igwurita, Muruokoro and Port Harcourt in Rivers state; and Ilorin-Oro Road in Kwara

The Nigerian police has advised all to avoid the following places as they have been identified as hot spots for Ritual Killings:

1. Ota, Ogun State

2. Lambe, Ogun State

3. Ikorodu,Lagos State

4. Mowe, Ogun State

5. The Bridge linking Abiola Garden with Otedola Estate, Lagos.

6. Isheri Olowo-Ira under Bridge, Lagos

7. Toyota Bus Stop on Apapa/Oshodi Expressway, Lagos (Clifford Oji's former location)

8. Waterfront River Niger area Of Onitsha, Anambra State

9. Isiala-Ngwa, Abia state

10, Igwurita, Muruokoro, Port Harcourt, Rivers state

11. Ilorin-Oro Road, Kwara state

12. Lokoja-Abuja Expressway, Kogi state

13. Kaduna Eastern By-Pass, Kaduna state

14. The Bank of River Kaduna, Kaduna state

15. Kaduna/Abuja Expressway, Kaduna state

16. Abuja Motor Park,Kaduna

17. Kawo Motor Park, Kaduna

18. The Railway tracks, Kaduna

These are police emergency numbers in Lagos, please:

POLICE CONTROL ROOM 1 - 07055350249 and 07035068242.

RRS CONTROL ROOM 2, Alausa - 08065154338 and 07055462708

CONTROL ROOM 3 SHQ; - 08079279349 and 08063299264 and 767 toll free line.

If you by mistake fall victim quickly send an sms/pre-text message to all or any of these numbers.

Lookie here...hotspots highly concetrated in the SW and North with token SE spots.

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Tosin7(f): 10:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
For real I feel less than human each time I remember that am Yoruba. It beats my imagination that this things repeat itself everyday in our region!

4 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
Tosin7: For real I feel less than human each time I remember that am Yoruba. It beats my imagination that this things repeat itself everyday in our region!
It is your culture please embrace it

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
First he said he pulled the head from the body

And later he said he cut the head from the body?
Lying bascard!

He/they are killErs
Kill them all lipsrsealed

P:S this has nothing to do with Tribe abeg.
It's everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Truckpusher(m): 11:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
lorretta u: First he said he pulled the head from the body

And later he said he cut the head from the body?
Lying bascard!

He/they are killErs
Kill them all lipsrsealed

P:S this has nothing to do with Tribe abeg.
It's everywhere.
You prolly have a one room apartment in Nairaland grin
Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
When people stop commenting on this site, Seun goes mad and start tribal sentiment thread posting multiple biggoted post on the front page for tribal bashing.

I don't bother to comment regardless of how disgusted i might be and wish to express, as the same topic set in the west of Nigeria never makes front page.

4 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Human Head In Ibadan by icez: 11:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
chidindufrank: 2 hidden posts as in they were hidden?
Ramnon.2:

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9a Cuts My Ticket If I Win. / Bullet open under his throat - Blackaxe vs Vikings in Anambra PHOTOS / A Young Girl Caught With Human Head- Watch Video.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.