Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

The Top Six Ways To Stay Motivated - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Top Six Ways To Stay Motivated (757 Views)

Six Ways To Make A Recruiter Hate You / Six Ways To Make People Like You / Ways To Stay Stress Free At Work. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Top Six Ways To Stay Motivated by shantin(f): 8:30am On Jun 27, 2008
Here are some tips for staying motivated:

Get motivated every day.
Someone was once confronted about being a “motivational speaker.” The guy said to him, “You guys come and get people hyped up and then you leave and the motivation goes away. It doesn’t last, and then you have to get motivated again.” The speaker reminded the gentleman that baths are the same way but we think it is a good idea to take a bath every day!

It is true that motivation doesn’t last. We have to renew it each and every day. That is okay. It doesn’t make motivation a bad thing. We simply have to realize that if we want to stay motivated over the long term, it is something we will have to apply to ourselves each and every day.

Have a vision for your life.
The root word of motivation is “motive.” The definition of motive is, “A reason to act.” This is the cognitive or rational side of motivation. It is your vision. You have to have a vision that is big enough to motivate you. If you are making #50,000 a year, it isn’t going to motivate you to set your goal at #52,000 a year. You just won’t get motivated for that because the reward isn’t enough. Maybe #70,000 a year would work for you. Set out a vision and a strategy for getting there. Have a plan and work the plan.

Fuel your passion.
Much of motivation is emotional. I don’t know quite how it works but I do know THAT it works. Emotion is a powerful force in getting us going. Passion is an emotion, so fuel your passion. “Well, I like to work on logic,” you may say. Great, now work on your passion. Set yourself on a course to have a consuming desire for your goal, whatever it is. Do whatever you can to feel the emotion and use it to your advantage!

Work hard enough to get results.
You can build on your motivation by getting results. The harder you work, the more results you will get and the more results you get, the more you will be motivated to get more. These things all build on one another. If you want to lose weight, then lose the first few pounds. When the belt moves to the next notch you will get fired up to get it to the notch beyond that!

Put good materials into your mind.
I can’t say this enough – listen to tapes. I still listen to tapes regularly. I buy tape clubs from other speakers and I learn and grow. Their successes motivate me to get my own successes! Read good books. Read books that teach you new ideas and skills. Read books that tell the stories of successful people. Buy them, read them, and get motivated!

For more info, please go to:

http://bizcomm.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?t=34
Re: The Top Six Ways To Stay Motivated by shantin(f): 9:56am On Jun 27, 2008
For detailed tips and topics on how to go about your business and improve yourself, please go to:

http://bizcomm.forumcircle.com/index.php

www.emailbroadcast.name
Re: The Top Six Ways To Stay Motivated by sagacious(f): 9:13am On Jul 02, 2008
Good work , i have started reading books and it is really working for me also christian books also.
Re: The Top Six Ways To Stay Motivated by shantin(f): 3:56pm On Jul 02, 2008
That's Gud, i wish you all the best in life!
Re: The Top Six Ways To Stay Motivated by maedan(f): 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2008
Nice one.

You can never get TOO motivated, so keep at it. The books really work - christian and otherwise.

Reading is even greater than just listening to tapes: you build up your mind as well as your motivation.

Keep being Motivated! (I can't seem to say that word enough!) wink

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Vancies / Pls I Need Info About Citn / Airforce Or Navy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.