Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Theft At Shoprite In Ibadan - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Theft At Shoprite In Ibadan (2759 Views)

Atrocities Youths Committed At Warri Shoprite And Plaza / Angry Youths Attack SHOPRITE WARRI (Pictures) / Girl Caught Stealing At Shoprite Stores In Lagos, Stripped N*ked And Lynched!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Theft At Shoprite In Ibadan by Adelaide2: 2:45am On Oct 01, 2013
Theft at Shoprite Ibadan- (sent in by a reader)

Aug 1

Posted by Omo-olomo

I had a bitter experience shopping in the newly-opened Shoprite store in Ibadan on Saturday, July 6, 20132. In the store, my Samsung Galaxy tablet 10 was stolen from my bag in a baffling manner. When I discovered what happened, I immediately requested footages of my movement in the store from about 2.30pm when I last saw the tablet while in the butchers stand to 4.15pm when I discovered it was missing. Those in charge of the store later said it was only my upper body (head) that was captured by the Close Circuit Television. I find this situation to be unacceptable for such an organisation. I was taken aback by a similar development which made another customer to almost weep when she could not find her BBZ10.
[/b]
Read moreā€¦

[b]I learnt that such has become a normal occurrence in the store. [/b]All I want is a playback of the CCTV for me to know what actually happened to my property while I was within the premises of Shoprite. Even if my tablet was lost, at least the camera would capture what happened to my property in order to avert further occurrence in future.

The authorities of Shoprite in Ibadan owe me an explanation and I need a response from them because I intend getting to the root of what happened to my Samsung tablet, especially the circumstance that led to its being stolen from my bag without me knowing.

Bukola Kehinde,

Irepodun Road, Orita UI, Ibadan,

Oyo State.

http://whatsupibadan.com/2013/08/01/theft-at-shoprite-ibadan-sent-in-by-a-reader/
Re: Theft At Shoprite In Ibadan by WildChild00(m): 5:01am On Oct 01, 2013
Nigerians and expensive gargets, at Op, sorry for your lost anyway, perhaps you should have put it in a safe place.
Re: Theft At Shoprite In Ibadan by FreeGlobe(f): 5:41am On Oct 01, 2013
grin grin grin grin
maybe its one of the people that came for excursion or tourist visit that stole it.
Re: Theft At Shoprite In Ibadan by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 01, 2013
People ova dere prefer living in denial, that's why dey make up stories everytme
Re: Theft At Shoprite In Ibadan by gratiaeo(m): 6:57am On Oct 01, 2013
Happy independent to you all
Abeg thief dey everywhere not only in Ibadan

2 Likes

Re: Theft At Shoprite In Ibadan by Sanguine(f): 7:24am On Oct 01, 2013
Hahahaha... Oh my days!! Just couldn help but laugh out real loud.
They steal galaxy tab you dey cry. Ndo! Next time keep your expensive gadgets very well if it's important to you! tongue grin.
You better thank God say dem nor steal you sef djoin! grin. Mumuthings!

Nigerians! We're great people. cheesy.
Re: Theft At Shoprite In Ibadan by fr3do(m): 7:28am On Oct 01, 2013
The writer is irresponsible
if something as big and expensive as a tablet can be stolen from her,what cant be?

Btw
Happy Independence cool
Re: Theft At Shoprite In Ibadan by Sicozone(m): 7:55am On Oct 01, 2013
Re: Theft At Shoprite In Ibadan by rodeo0070(m): 7:58am On Oct 01, 2013
What is wrong with you people for heaven's sake? Don't people shoplift and steal people's property in other parts of the country. Even in the advanced countries, this type of theft is a concern as well. I don't see any reason why you people here are shouting poverty. See, Ibadan is one of the few capital cities that accommodates everybody, be it rich, middle and poor. Its an ancient city. So please enough of this "beer palour" kind of opinion...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Who Disguised As A Female Apprehended And Forced To Strip In Public (photos) / Just In : Pastor Arrested With 120 Human Skulls In Kwara / Father Got Home From Work And Caught His Daughter With 2 Guys In His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.