Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Post your PHP Problems Here - Webmasters (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Post your PHP Problems Here (63371 Views)

Thread For All Your Blogging Related Problems Here / Get And Request For Your Php Problems Here / Connecting To Your Gmail Account From Your Php Application. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by BoyCoyToy(m): 9:35am On Jul 26, 2014
Irshittabey:
are u sure u echoed or printed anything in ur php file.,because if u dont,there is nothing to be seen

Boss, there are echoes there
Am thinking of downloading another one sha......

1 Like

Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Irshittabey: 9:56am On Jul 26, 2014
BoyCoyToy:

Boss, there are echoes there
Am thinking of downloading another one sha......
okay,just let me know how it goes.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Torackzy(m): 5:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
Please how are scripts written? And what are the basics of writting a script?
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Torackzy(m): 8:24am On Jul 31, 2014
piz nairalanderz,am a newbie in webmasterinq. I av succefully created my hosing accnt nd uploaded pbnl.sql script to the site i wana create nw it remains 4 me to import php script to the web bt when i try entering my database through a ftp client it wud nt loq me in. Plz wot do i do in this case? Pleas help me
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by oprezy: 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
/|___*JOKE*___|\

IF YOU'RE A NIGERIAN,ATTEMPT THIS QUESTIONS AND DROP YOUR ANSWERS!

SECTION A (Answer all questions. Questions carry equal marks)

1. What are the names of the two people holding hands when you switch on a Nokia phone?
2. If the past tense of Take is Took, what is the past tense of Make?
3. Which university in Nigeria has the highest number of ladies using blackberry phones?
4. If Buhari is a friend to Obasanjo on Facebook, who sent the friend request and why?
5. If the cost of moi-moi is N10.50, what is the cost of moi?
6. Who ate the missing part of the Apple logo?
SECTION B (Answer All Questions. 10 Marks each)

1. Between the Nigerian police and Nigerian girls, who likes money more?
2. Using the almighty formula, calculate the Diameter of Elegushi beach. (Take pi=3.142)
3. If Ada is a girl and Obi is a boy, who is Adaobi?
4. If your X-boyfriend/girlfriend wins N50,000,000 on who wants to be a millionaire after you broke up, find the value of X?
5. If it takes Goodluck one hour to deliver a typed speech in a national conference, how many days will it take Patience to deliver the same speech on the same occasion? Assuming the polarity of the audience is kept constant?
SECTION C (Answer any two questions)

1. Tu-face was given a Prado and Ferarri on his traditional wedding and white wedding respectively. There is every likelihood that D-Banj has gone ahead to print wedding invitation cards without an available bride.
Discuss (20 Marks)
2. Write a short essay of not more than 500 words on 'My Oga At The Top'. (20 marks)
3. What's the name of the lady that says "Please enter your secret number" at the ATM machine and explain why she is chosen for the job. (20 marks)
Your time start now! GOOD LUCK!

From www.kinwap.com
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by OsoDupe(f): 12:37am On Aug 01, 2014
I just start coding on php, I use wamp server as d local server, whenever I run a page I save with the extension .php, I get the result 'error loading page', can anyone please tell me what is wrong.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 01, 2014
OsoDupe: I just start coding on php, I use wamp server as d local server, whenever I run a page I save with the extension .php, I get the result 'error loading page', can anyone please tell me what is wrong.
It depends on where u save the php files.. In wamp, it should be in C:\wamp\www... When your files are saved there, just fire on your wamp and Start all Services from the icon tray.. Then run your php file on a web browser..
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by OsoDupe(f): 10:44am On Aug 01, 2014
Djangocode: It depends on where u save the php files.. In wamp, it should be in C:\wamp\www... When your files are saved there, just fire on your wamp and Start all Services from the icon tray.. Then run your php file on a web browser..
Thanks, I will do that.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2014
OsoDupe:
Thanks, I will do that.
Also endeavour to use Notepad++ and always select php before coding so that your extensions will always be correct.. I hope u installed wamp directly on your C:\ drive??
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Torackzy(m): 12:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
please guyz my php script z nt extracting, what do i do pls
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by BoyCoyToy(m): 9:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
Please just give me a website where I can download WAMP server, I've been trying to download from different sites. Or if you can share the setup with me please I need it..... mathewtimothy75@yahoo.com.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by ichamentor(m): 10:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
BoyCoyToy: Please just give me a website where I can download WAMP server, I've been trying to download from different sites. Or if you can share the setup with me please I need it..... mathewtimothy75@yahoo.com.
Download wamp from: http://www.wampserver.com/en/
For installation guides :http://www.steptoinstall.com/installation-of-wamp-server.html
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by power1234: 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
pls my site is not opening on opera-mini plz help
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Ymodulus: 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
halaspike: Please how will i make this url more friendly?

http://example.com/downloads.php?archive=1

to something more friendly like

http://example.com/downloads/title-of-post

Thanks for your support.
IamGodzilla:

This Shld help coding.smashingmagazine.com/2011/11/02/introduction-to-url-rewriting/

you got things wrong there. his needs go far beyoung .htaccess rule it involves advance rewrite rules, like using php to parse routes or link similar to frameworks.

My advice for you halaspike is this.

1. Modern Way.
Use a php framework to parse the url. this is if you will start again mind you, if you should use a framework it will make things easy and you will be happy.

2. OLd days way.

-----------/ downloads.php file ------------------

if(isset($_GET['archive'])){
// select from database column(mysql,sqldb) or document(noSql db) where title is equal to the given title from GET arrays
// if there is results return an array|object of results it
}
return false; #when no results

---------------/ .htaccess file ----------------

RewriteRule
Rewrite downloads/$1 downloads.php?archive=$1 [L]
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Ymodulus: 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
emandman: How do i make a page automatically refresh afta posting a comment.
I want to use dis to avoid multiple commenting,at present my site is posting previous comment repeatedly each time i refresh page.thanks people.
Note: php help pls,i dnt knw javascript/jquery.

Solution

1. force page cache using meta tags headers
2. after the form has been filled and submitted successful. store the success message in a Session, then redirect the page back to the same url. after redirecting echo the session for the stored success message.

If you are using a php framework, this is easy, just use the flash function that comes with frameworks. however i believe this should never happen when using a framework.

Note!!
I will recommend no 2 to no1.

Ben1975: Hi

I have been having problems downloading and configuring apache servers on my system so that I can use PHP 5.No matter what I do it just wont even start, first I get a message say in the downloading process a file is missing so the server will not start try downloading again...I do, same problem.[color=#006600]

I have tried XAMPP, EasyPHP etc non of them seem to work

Any suggestions?[/color]
Do not be discouraged, i believed maybe your system has been formatted at one point in time.

Do this go and download WAMP from official wamp servers website. After installing wamp if you see any error of something.dll[/b]file missing. All you have to do is go back to the wamp site click the download button for wamp then when that modal or pop up comes up read below and you will see a message asking you to download [b]VCREDICT...... once you download it thats all

Torackzy: Please how are scripts written? And what are the basics of writting a script?

i dont get. if you mean pattern or way or code arrangements please be explicit.

However if what am thinking is what you mean. please visit www . phptherightway . com

Read about coding pattern, arrangements, naming convension and all tips there.

Torackzy: piz nairalanderz,am a newbie in webmasterinq. I av succefully created my hosing accnt nd uploaded pbnl.sql script to the site i wana create nw it remains 4 me to import php script to the web bt when i try entering my database through a ftp client it wud nt loq me in. Plz wot do i do in this case? Pleas help me
Chek to see that your ftp details are right.

Note if you are using shared hosting check to see this ftp feature is enabled by your host by default.

Irshittabey: <?php
*/First connect to database then*/
if(isset($_post['submit'])) {
$var1=$_files['picz'] ['name'];
$var2=$_files['picz'] ['tmp_name'];
*/picz is the name of the text field in the form used for uploading the picture*/

$vary=pathinfo($var1);
$varz=$vary['extension'];
$arr=array("PNG","JPG","GIF","png","jpg","gif" ) ;
if(in_array($varz,$arr)) {move_uploaded_file($var2,'pictures/'.$var1 ) ;
mysql_query("insert into tablename (pic) values('".$var1."')" ) ;
*/pictures the name of the folder in ur working directory for pictures,pic is the name in the database it would be saved./*
}
}
}
?>

1. Always trim and make sure that uploaded files name are only alphaNumeric or alphanumeric with underscore or dash. Do not just trust names of upoaded files

2. There is no need of using capitals and small letters. Lol! i understand you and your point. however what if i name my file as nairaland.JpG ? Hmmmmmm you see?

Solution
Apply the php string function called strtolower($_files['picz']['name']) , apply it on the uploaded file name. now you can use only small letters.

Lastly never trust uploaded files. infact use uploading class for more security. i mean better written one may be from symfony.
louie3: pls help me.i'm learning php and i'm having problems with form validation.

what are your problems spit them out

1 Like

Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by richardsohk: 1:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
can someone send me a tutorial on how to integrate jquery to my web page.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by haxorDelite(m): 12:02am On Aug 21, 2014
I keep getting "syntax error: unexpected end of file" how do I solve this pls?
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Ymodulus: 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
haxorDelite: I keep getting "syntax error: unexpected end of file" how do I solve this pls?

its either you didnt add this ; or this ?>
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by haxorDelite(m): 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2014
Ymodulus:

its either you didnt add this ; or this ?>
I did bro
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Ymodulus: 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
haxorDelite: I did bro
post code here
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Irshittabey: 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ymodulus:

Solution

1. force page cache using meta tags headers
2. after the form has been filled and submitted successful. store the success message in a Session, then redirect the page back to the same url. after redirecting echo the session for the stored success message.

If you are using a php framework, this is easy, just use the flash function that comes with frameworks. however i believe this should never happen when using a framework.

Note!!
I will recommend no 2 to no1.

Do not be discouraged, i believed maybe your system has been formatted at one point in time.

Do this go and download WAMP from official wamp servers website. After installing wamp if you see any error of something.dll[/b]file missing. All you have to do is go back to the wamp site click the download button for wamp then when that modal or pop up comes up read below and you will see a message asking you to download [b]VCREDICT...... once you download it thats all

i dont get. if you mean pattern or way or code arrangements please be explicit.

However if what am thinking is what you mean. please visit www . phptherightway . com

Read about coding pattern, arrangements, naming convension and all tips there.

Chek to see that your ftp details are right.

Note if you are using shared hosting check to see this ftp feature is enabled by your host by default.

1. Always trim and make sure that uploaded files name are only alphaNumeric or alphanumeric with underscore or dash. Do not just trust names of upoaded files

2. There is no need of using capitals and small letters. Lol! i understand you and your point. however what if i name my file as nairaland.JpG ? Hmmmmmm you see?

Solution
Apply the php string function called strtolower($_files['picz']['name']) , apply it on the uploaded file name. now you can use only small letters.

Lastly never trust uploaded files. infact use uploading class for more security. i mean better written one may be from symfony.

what are your problems spit them out
thanks for the correction,it is well noted.
I guess while i was trying to help somebody i got helped too,thanks bro.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Taiw(m): 8:05am On Aug 29, 2014
I code php using Bertrand but still I don't understand what you mean by framework or its benefit
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by sanix0000: 10:24am On Aug 29, 2014
This web site is realy to good! Am already want to create my Social Network, can some body help me!??
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by ZionSpecie(m): 10:59am On Aug 29, 2014
good day all. I just discovered this thread. pls I need some help. I want a function that will (1) select some files from an sql database table, (2) extract the name of the files and trim it to remain the part of the name inside a square bracket e.g if the name of the file is example_of_me[096]book.docx I want to extract only 096
I'd appreciate some help there. thanks
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by DaVinChiSam(m): 6:55am On Sep 02, 2014
Hello I need someone who knows how to tweak a wordpress theme for me

please contact me by mentioning me here
thanks
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by marcuses(m): 7:31am On Sep 02, 2014
DaVinChiSam: Hello I need someone who knows how to tweak a wordpress theme for me

please contact me by mentioning me here
thanks
I can do dat email me@ marcus10mbee@gmail.com or 08148092721/ +447509750931

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Add More Than One Website Url To Your Twitter Account. / Top Google Searches By Nigerians 2015;Arsenal,Buhari,Diezani Arrest tops d list. / Mark Zuckerberg Eating Pounded Yam And Eforiro (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.