Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Zenith Vs Access Bank - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Zenith Vs Access Bank (7998 Views)

Zenith Bank Interview 2016 / Access Bank Hiring - Bsc+ Msc / Access Bank 10 Minutes Per Day Job Application (share Your Experiences So Far) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zenith Vs Access Bank by abayd: 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2008
LET ME START THIS POST BY THANKING GOD FOR LANDING ME A JOB IN ZENITH.IT TOOK ME A DAY TO COMPLETE THE INTERVIEW AND LESS THAN A WEEK TO GET MY LETTER. HOWEVER, DO NOT THINK I KNOW SOME1 THERE COS I DONT. YOU SEE THERE HAS BEEN SO MUCH CONTROVERSY ABOUT THE ZENITH OFFER OF 75K PER MONTH. LETS CHECK THE ACCESS OFFER: 43K+ FOR 4 MONTHS THEN AN ANNUAL SALRY OF 3.51M.LOOKS GOOD RIGHT. OKAY, A SURETY TO GUARANTEE 2M IF YOU LEAVE THE COMPANY WITHIN 2 YEARS, NOW, THATS BONDAGE!AGAIN, YOU WILL BE GIVEN A BRAND NEW CAR(ACCORDING TO THEM) BUT IT IS NOT FREE.YOU WILL PAY BACK IN INSTALLMENTS. NOW LETS GO BACK TO THE ZENITH OFFER: 75K A MONTH AS AN EXECUTIVE TRAINEE(TRAINING OR NO TRAINING).THAT equals 900k A YEAR. NOTE YOU ARE ON PROBATION FOR THE 1 YEAR.IF YOU ACQUIRE B+ AFTER THE PROBATION(WHICH IS POSSIBLE) 2.4M UPFRONT.THAT TOTALS 3.3M PER ANNUM.SOME1 LIKE ME, BASED ON MY INTEREST I WAS PLACED IN OPERATIONS DEPT AS TO THE SUGGESTION I GET THAT EVERYONE IS GOING TO BE IN MRKETING. EVEN THOSE IN MARKETING WANTED TO BE IN MARKETING IT WAS NOT IMPOSED ON THEM. AS I GATHERED, ACCESS USES PEOPLE LIKE OMO AND THEIR TEST IS VERY CHEAP COMPARED TO THE ZENITH TEST(I WROTE THE ACCESS TEST LAST WEEK) HOWEVER, THE TRAINING SCHOOL IS VERY DIFFICULT BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT ASSURED A PLACE AFTER THE 4 MONTHS TRAINING.SO WHICH WOULD YOU GO FOR A BONDAGE OR A BRAND THAT IS INTERNATIONALY RECOGNISED?
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by ceysaga: 2:20pm On Jun 27, 2008
I feel you. Zenith is a place to be. I am looking 4ward to writing their test. Does any1 know when they will be writing the next test?

Congrats me friend. I pray make God do am 4me 2 o!
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by mogambe: 2:39pm On Jun 27, 2008
@abayd

my guy congrats on ur landing Zenith. their offer is really ok bearing in mind that u choose where to work (ops or mkting).
so much for all the PZ and NBC stress. thats why they say GOD'S TIME IS THE BEST.

pls do keep in touch and dont 4get us on the LAND.

TAKIA OF U.
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by stephanay(m): 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2008
@ poster

Congrats

im happy for u but do u know we did the same interview and i culdnt go for d final stage on the 25th. i even called endurance and she said she'll reshedule but she doesnt know wen,

i cant stop hitting myself in d head for missing it, d stupid airline delayed my flight to lagos! angry
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by yemai: 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2008
congrats abayd, i'm so happy for u. We did our finals with the Gm on wednesday and we hop to pick our letter too next week. THANK GOD 4 U.
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by callyp: 10:40am On Jun 28, 2008
The way nigerians think sometimes baffles me,this is all about choice.if one can be on probation for one year with just 75k montly what will stop the other to accept a guarateed job for two years with a take home of 170k monthly,not to add bonuses and other bi-annual allowances.

Talking about trainning and test which one is more practical if you can do and pass a difficult test why will you be scared of excelling in a trainning programme that is addding value to you.I think it is only a company that believes in you that will invest so much on an individual for good 4 months and still give you allowance of 43k to go along,contributing noting to the organisation at that time,then we are grumbling for giving them two years of loyal service.

An organisation at induction say you are world class so you are qualified for a brand new car and try as much as possible to see that the burden of repayment is less,at such spread the repayment period for 48months with out interest where can you get that.

An access person is a true worrior who is not scared of challenges that is why as young as is the reformed Access the bank is giving sleepless night to competitors in the industry.If you are still thinking like a "NIGERIAN"Then Zenith is your place but like a seasoned and cultured one that embraces inovation,continuos learning,ethics and team spirit,THEN THE PLACE TO BE IS ACCESS A TRUE WORRIOR AND YOU LEARN ALOT WITH IN A SHORT TIME.

4 Likes

Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by coolviv: 5:01pm On Jun 28, 2008
i must add my voice to urs abayd. i'm wit zenith too. in d once dreaded marketing dept and i've never made such easy money. just going on errands is already a plus. its not as scary or impossible as i thot and i thank God i accepted d offer. haven't regretted it. i also knew no one, did d interview in one day but got d job in two months. God is really good and no one should ever doubt it,
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by Ayokunle07(m): 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2008
I did the test of March 7 2008 in Lagos and I have not been contacted till now whether I passed or not. I'm sure i would pass it though. Could it be because I am still serving (Batch B 2007). Please if anyone knows any thing about this, please tell me. I am serving in Kano.
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by babyog(f): 10:50pm On Jun 29, 2008
i go for zenith man, Access to me is very tribalistic. i hate them
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by abayd: 5:48pm On Jun 30, 2008
thanks to all those that contributed to this topic. I pray that God will fix a day to perfect our miracle in Jesus name.Amen.
@mogambe
Man its good to hear from you!you r right about that what u said about Pz and cocacola. guess God wanted me to be somewhere else.Have you got a place too?You can take your cv to access hr at oyin jolayemi uf you are interested in them. If you do it this week, they will invite you for test the next week and load you with their terms and conditions.Again, you can forwad your cv to [b]hr.power@zenith.com[/b]chek the website for confirmation.that was the email i forwarded my cv to b4 i wrote the test. GTB is also recruiting though it closes today. Glaxosmithkline at ilupeju too is recruiting.I wish you the best man.
@ stepany
Did you call them that you wanted to re-shedule your interview?if you did, am sure they will call you no doubt about that. Please don,t worry urself too much cos I believe they will call you. takia
@yemi
the day i collected my letter from blessing, she told me that those that were invited for interview with the gm are being considered for marketing. I hope you are aware. I was posted to coker branch. I will call you on phone later, bye.
@ all
just want to encourage us that if we can be unrelenting in our quest for greatness, the sky will be our beginnning. please wish me luck in the shell and mobil test, bye.
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by abayd: 6:12pm On Jun 30, 2008
@ ayokunle
please keep your fingers crossed okay?i say dis cos there was this guy that claimed he had his test in oct 2007 while serving and was called in june 2008 after the service.
@callyp
I respect your opinion about access bank and i love your passion for the bank. as i said before, i wrote their test and i believe i will pass, but i personally will not subscribe to working in the bank. This is not because I am scared of the training. HELL NO! its just because i believe that an employer should not run my life completely. I have goals that I have spanned over a 5 year period and no amount of money will make me change that. Infact the zenith offer is not bad. the probation period is to test whether you will stay in the bank or not. I wont be wrong to say that the issue of the car has not been implemented cos by now the whole nigeria should be filled with access branded cars. do you know the share price of zenith compared to access? so much to say, takia my friend
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by gbainde: 6:18pm On Jun 30, 2008
hi, shhh, i serve as a corper wit access and i can promise you its nice being here. since you believe in yourself why not get 7.02 million in 2 years after training skool and be free. you need to take your chances since you know bankers are vey mobile as they always move across bank streets. its only a protection mechanism by banks. develop your skills silently pass the training skool and have access life advantage.
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by innovative: 10:58pm On Jun 30, 2008
The poster seems well pleased with working in Zenith than Access, so I think there is really no need to pitch one bank against the other in this forum. I have been in banking for over two years now, and with me, there is no good bank or bad bank (post consolidation), it really depends on how well you fare wherever you are. Have you never seen someone leaving Zenith for Access or vice versa? So what makes one better than the other? So it much depends on the offer, your goal, the banks vision, and the internal system(especially policies) of the bank most of which entry level staff are not aware of. But as a fresher, one always thinks one bank is in many standards better than the other. I' m sure what you will be professing in the next two years will be clearly different.
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by nkc(m): 5:54am On Jul 01, 2008
poster

i like d way u use words, afetr going tru d scenario, go with zeniht its more rewarding than access, enjoy. Gods Speed
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by madeonline(m): 6:23am On Jul 01, 2008
How many ears do you have POSTER , go with Zenith. A word is enough for the wise, unless you want to be a warrior! I guess you need not be one to earn fat checks in Nigeria, just a few tactics and technical know-how! The good side is that a brief mention of ACCESS on your CV (even at training school level) may get you a job in several Nigerian companies, including multinationals - if you can work in Access successfully, you can work in the Space Lab!.

The bad side is that Access is not family friendly and encourages multi-tasking to extreme levels!

My sister once worked in Access, I practically have to do the cooking for her each day she comes back from work worn-out! I just cannot bear the slavery, sometimes they don't even make it optional!

I asked a friend why everyone in Access is overworked and he replied , I am just earning my pay checks and jetting out each day - this is not a JOB!
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by Tdaves(m): 8:26am On Jul 01, 2008
why not work and make the money now that you are young.

Access is just the place.

A six month experience staff of access cannot be compare with a two years experience staff of other bank

Think twice.

regards

1 Like

Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by bobocj(m): 4:09pm On Jul 01, 2008
well i thing u guys are over flogging issues here. none of u i guess have worked with the 2 said banks so as to share an indept personal experience of the 2 banks. both are good and i wonder why one will critise a bank simply cos one him a job while he was expecting an offer from the other. Pls dont abuse the minds of these young stars seeking employment. Advice them to accept any good offer as it comes and tell them how and wn to grab this offers. as for me any good bank goes
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by jabbo(m): 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2008
@abayd

Congrats on landing the Zenith Job. Zenith is a good place to be so also Access. Your take home pay in Access Bank is 174k. You have also your medical of 400k which is not part of your take home. You could also be eligible to appraisal bonus of 526k.

On the working condition, I must tell you that Access Bank is tasking. But it is a bank that believes in what you can do. The  bank doesn't care if you are an ET. It is only in Access Bank that ETs run Branches as Relationship Managers.  An Access person is a warrior. If you can work in Access bank, you can Work any where. You get the best training in Access School of Banking Excellence. They give you your certificate and Transcript on your graduation day. If you want to really Build yourself, then I advice you to go for Access otherwise follow your mind.

My sister is also an ET in Zenith Bank. She got the Job recently but I always tell her that It is an opportunity of a lifetime for one to be opportune to attend the Access School of Banking Excellence. 

I graduated from access training School a couple of months ago and there has not been any regret being an Access warrior!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by otesy: 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2008
@ callyp
tell them joo.

@ poster
I have no business with Access bank but I totally agree with you. Getting a job as a fresh graduate shouldn't be about just the money but what other things you stand to gain from the experience. Access prepares you for the future. Any graduate of Access bank Training school becomes hot cake. Even your so called zenith(cheap skates exploiting Nigerian Graduates) poach gradutes of Access Bank training school cause they know they'll be getting the real thing. A company that will train you for nothing will continue to train you. Starting with access bank is an incvestment in your future. See the 2 year bond an investment, not bondage. All the best, All banks are slave drivers so don't deceive yourself by thinking you'll find it easy with Zenith. You will be in for a rude shock.
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by Utchry: 2:27am On Jul 02, 2008
Fellow landers, I've always desired to work with Access Bank but i keep getting discouraged each time i hear that the bank does not employ graduate with anything less than a 2:1. I finished with a 2:2, who knows if i can be considered?
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by abbeyjesu(m): 7:50am On Jul 02, 2008
babe, forget it. unless u've a 2:1, u can't wk in ACCESS. that's my candid opinion

1 Like

Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by abayd: 9:07am On Jul 02, 2008
@ all.
A very good morning to you all. Thank you for replying to this post a great deal. Please let me make some clarifications! It was not that I wanted to compare the two banks, no not at all. You see, b4 now I have always read on this forum about the lapses of zenith bank. However, going into the bank made me find out that most of the allegations were false. Therefore, going for the test of a bank that has so much enjoyed good recommendations, I decided to post my findings of the two banks and leave the rest to landers to debate. Please accept my apologies if this offends anyone, thanks
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by abayd: 9:11am On Jul 02, 2008
@ all.
A very good morning to you all. Thank you for replying to this post a great deal. Please let me make some clarifications! It was not that I wanted to compare the two banks, no not at all. You see, b4 now I have always read on this forum about the lapses of zenith bank. However, going into the bank made me find out that most of the allegations were false. Therefore, going for the test of a bank that has so much enjoyed good recommendations, I decided to post my findings of the two banks and leave the rest to landers to debate. Please accept my apologies if this offends anyone, thanks
@abbeyjesu
The two things you need to have b4 invitation for access test is
1. falsify your age if you are more than 24 cos you wont be called
2. have a 1.1 or 2.1
cheers!
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by yemai: 9:56am On Jul 02, 2008
@ abayd
my brother, I called yesterday and was told to still hold on. I wish you success in ur test.
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by abayd: 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2008
@ yemi
am sure you will be called. I was also called this morning by ACCESS HR for an interview by 5pm today. I don,t know if going there is worth it cos I do not have a sworn declaration of age( born in 82 not 84 as i claim). Again, as i said b4 I am not down with the idea of being tied down for 2 years. What do you think I should do?
@ all
Advice me on this issue I have just 4 hours, though I have a job, but a lot of people still want me to attend the interview so what should i do?
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by babyx(f): 2:12pm On Jul 03, 2008
@ Abayd

My advise is concentrate on the JOB you have now and on your goals both long term and short. If you so much as want to attend ACCESS bank interview then do so with the intent of having clarity as to what they are really about.

Focus my friend. Employers are very much the same around the world, when you get a job anywhere see it as a opportunity to be trained and a launch pad to ur own plans. smiley u earlier said you plans to birth with 5years? good so focus on that, let your time with Zenith launch you into it, except u have miss givens about ur current employer.

Go through your probationary period successfully, bagged that experience then start to plot another brillant move!!
then whoever will employ you afterwards will see you expertise, not immaturity!! you got potentials dont drown em!!
Re: Zenith Vs Access Bank by abayd: 8:52am On Jul 04, 2008
@babyx
thank you for you very much. I would like you to read my experience in the interview with access bank yesterday

(1) (Reply)

Adexen Recruitment Agency Job Vacancies (15 Positions) / List Of Genuine Outsourcing Firms In Abuja / Adecco Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.