Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! (2369 Views)

[video]: Actress Kabira Kafidipe: My Acting Prowess Makes Me Unique / "Changing Faces" The Only Nigerian Film At The 2008 Pavillon Les Cinémas Du Sud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 02, 2013
That movie is a masterpiece!
The songs are beautiful and lyrical. Watched it like thrice, yet I can't help it. Most especially the scenes where, that little boy was shot, when the priest gave him back his freedom, when Hathaway sang "I dreamed a dream" after xxxxing that officer and finally the scene that keeps breaking me down completely is Hugh's final stage of redemption.
After cosette's wedding, he left without saying goodbye, he spent his last days in the church where Hathaway's ghost thanked him and usher him to the joys of eternity.

I love the songs too
'I dreamed a dream', On my own', 'Do you hear the people sing', 'a heart full of love','empty chairs and empty tables',and finally I love huge jacks 'WHO AM I". My best.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Briareos(m): 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
I share the same sentiments with you. I love the movie, and the music.

Prolly the best musical film I've ever seen.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
Briareos: I share the same sentiments with you. I love the movie, and the music.

Prolly the best musical film I've ever seen.

Funny most people can't find the uniqueness of the movie.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by UjSizzle(f): 7:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
It's a really good movie esp where the lil boy was killed and the last scene smiley

1 Like

Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
Those two thieving inn keepers really cracked me up. cheesy grin
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Youngpo413: 12:34am On Oct 05, 2013
Les miserables,downloading it now.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 05, 2013
Young po413: Les miserables,downloading it now.

Can't you buy it tongue
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
lynpetra: and finally the scene that keeps breaking me down completely is Hugh's final stage of redemption.
After cosette's wedding, he left without saying goodbye, he spent his last days in the church where Hathaway's ghost thanked him and usher him to the joys of eternity.

Me I no watch reach all this side o. I fell asleep halfway into the movie because I was too bored to continue.

1 Like

Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
Eya! undecided
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by babestell(f): 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2013
I liked Les Miserables but it is definitely not my best musical. But it was a good movie and the songs were on point
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by damola1: 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
oh boy... once d movie enter my player, na so I see people dey push ship come dey sing, I just commot am. A whole Maximus singing..SMH
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by SIRcumalot: 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2013
damola1: oh boy... once d movie enter my player, na so I see people dey push ship come dey sing, I just commot am. A whole Maximus singing..SMH
Same here keep,waiting for normal dialogue nothing gree happen.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 06, 2013
Saw d "advert" on SilverbirdTV, russell being in it made me rush it, bought d movie, wen d movie started n d first song came, I thought it would b d last but d songs continued, I paused d movie, went to wikipedia n saw dat its a musical movie. To cut d story, after browsing abt it on wikipedia, I assumed I have seen it, didn't bother continuing wit it again till NOW! And it made me to 1st google a movie b4 buying it
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Nobody: 1:38am On Oct 06, 2013
damola1: oh boy... once d movie enter my player, na so I see people dey push ship come dey sing, I just commot am. A whole Maximus singing..SMH

As in ....nothing could be more annoying! I fastforwarded it to the end and I discovered it was just musicals from A-Z.....Na anger I use break the disc.

If I had used my money to go see it, I would've cursed myself and my generation! Damn!
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Swiftboy(m): 2:49am On Oct 06, 2013
I'll try to get the film and since I have music-film lovers here,I'll mention the one that touched me most...Angelina Jolie and Anthonio Bandaras in the 'Evitta'!
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by UjSizzle(f): 6:04am On Oct 06, 2013
I still prefer The Phantom Of The Opera to Les Miserable though.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by chygoz3(m): 8:16am On Oct 06, 2013
uj_sizzle: I still prefer The Phantom Of The Opera to Les Miserable though.
Gbam! I was just about to say that. I love the one played by Gerard Butler, well considering that it's the only one I've seen.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by babestell(f): 9:50am On Oct 06, 2013
I totally loved The Phantom of the opera as well. I know all the songs word for word.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 06, 2013
The movie is nit something to be rushed.It's takes patience to understand and like the movie.At beginning I felt the same,but as time goes,I can't help but love tge movie.I love the movie.

Phantom of the opera is nice,but I wud choose les miserable anytime any day.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by fabulousdame(f): 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
when it was not yet out, i couldn't wait to see it... i've had it for months now en i've not yet seen it....hmmm i trust d movie is great en i'll try to see it today.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by sholay2011(m): 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
Well, I like this movie too.
The main scene that 'touched' me was where Eponine was about to die and she sang:
#You're here...that's all I need...to know....and you will keep me safe. ...and you will keep me close...and the rain will make the flowers grow# lipsrsealed
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 06, 2013
sholay2011: Well, I like this movie too. The main scene that 'touched' me was where Corsette was about to die and she sang:
#You're here...that's all I need...to know....and you will keep me safe. ...and you will keep me close...and the rain will make the flowers grow# lipsrsealed

Did corsette diedI no no say part two don cone out o cheesy
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by sholay2011(m): 6:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
lynpetra:

Did corsette died
I no no say part two don cone out o cheesy
My bad!
Forgive me lipsrsealed
I meant the other girl- Eponine. #edited#
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by BanevsJoker(m): 7:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
Thanks a lot guys. Thanks for sharing my love for that movie. Anne Hathaway singing I dreamed a dream was my favourite part.. I downloaded it on my phone so I could just scroll to that part and watch that scene repeatedly. Another reason I love that song is that it brings tears to my eyes just as when Susan Boyle perfomed it on Britain's Got Talent. Les Miserables is a masterpiece. It's a pity that Nigerians don't have a reading culture. The book itself is one of the greatest of all time. Thanks again.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by deolamaleek: 8:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
Russell crow was awful in this musical...dude can't sing....all in all the musical was over hyped,so naturally I expected more.
The singing was awful they shouldn't have done it live. it should have been pre recorded
Anne Hathaway was great...she is in anything!!!!
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by sholay2011(m): 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2013
^^^^^ Russell Crowe wasn’t awful IMO; he just wasn't great but okay. And singing live was the best thing about the movie! The emotions were raw...

But the movie as a whole didn't live up to my expectations though it was very okay.

I prefer 'Chicago'. cool
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by lynk106: 3:17am On Nov 06, 2013
haven't seen d movie but the book was great.
I will find some time to download n watch d movie by d end of this yr hopefully.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 06, 2013
uj_sizzle: I still prefer The Phantom Of The Opera to Les Miserable though.
That makes the two of us. I never get tired of the phantom of the opera.

Anne Hathaway singing "I dreamed a dream" was the highlight of the musical for me. She displayed such chilling and surreal emotions.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Csami(m): 12:20am On Nov 07, 2013
So person fit waste 2hrs of I'm life like dat? Ma roommate downloaded it and we decided to watch it, only to find out it wasn,t what we expected. The movie dey collect dust for ma system until now.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Youngpo413: 6:56am On Nov 12, 2013
lynpetra: Those two thieving inn keepers really cracked me up. cheesy grin

smart husband and wife

1 Like

Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Youngpo413: 7:09am On Nov 12, 2013
lynpetra:

Can't you buy it tongue

I have enough MB,so why should I bother,besides I watch a movie only once no matter how interesting it turn out to be,they are so many to watch,so I can`t waste my time repeating a single movie.

I hate repetition.
Re: Les Miserables Still Makes Me Cry! by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 12, 2013
Young po413:

I have enough MB,so why should I bother,besides I watch a movie only once no matter how interesting it turn out to be,they are so many to watch,so I can`t waste my time repeating a single movie.

Ok.I love repeating good movies.There are some I don't get tired of watching.I don't download movies because it reduces my data usage fast.

I hate repetition.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Netflix Mod App With Unlimited Movies / Mission Impossible 4: Brad Pitt To Replace Tom Cruise? / Mnet Presents Glittering Tinsel! What Do You Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.