Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,128 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:59 AM

FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars (27859 Views)

New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 / New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page / Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by UjSizzle(f): 11:38am On Oct 03, 2013
Economically it's a good move, but then the masses aren't particularly equipped to handle a change like this yet. The cost of living in this country is darn too high! I suppose they'll say we'll reap the benefit in 2-10yrs or so which is what happens with new policy changes of this magnitude, but still a lot of people won't be able to handle this.
How does the govt plan to cushion the effects?
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by UjSizzle(f): 11:54am On Oct 03, 2013
Make dem solve our power issue first sha, that imo is the chief source of our problems undecided
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by bonna4u(m): 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2013
The thing that puts me off most about our governments in Nigeria is this running mouth syndrome being portrayed by this article. The haven't even started clearing the bush, yet they are running their mouth using the word 'will' all over the place.
Back to topic: it would be a nice project if embarked on and implemented using common sense thereby considering its effects on the masses.
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by naijathings(m): 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2013
rushman003: Ȋ̝̊̅ swear na slowpoke you be, hanhan where are all these S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ called moderators now, U̶̲̥̅̊ Ŋ☹ see this one abi ? Later U̶̲̥̅̊ G̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̝̇̇̇ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣ ̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ ban innocent people! Mtshew! Rubbish! Ȋ̝̊̅ won read comment he Ŋ☹ allow me read with his/her uselss and sense post! Ȋ̝̊̅ know say girls Ŋ☹ fit do this kind thing... Wareva don't even know ђã†̥ nairaland I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅ turning to these days!

i be like i send you
you no fit read post then go and buy a furking newspaper.
if them ban me... I will open many NL profiles and terrorize this site as a hobby grin.

Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by nairaman66(m): 12:07pm On Oct 03, 2013
mekaboy: The universities on strike will offer degree programs in course they know nothing about. Face other important issues first leave tokubo for now. No be light the factory go use produce the car?

No, they will assign 20Billion for the importation of Industrial Generators.. grin
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by everyday: 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2013
If the FG can support the local automobile industries and make cars for less than 1 million then it will be a good development
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by bettercreature(m): 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
This is people dont get it,without stable electricity,all this is just a dream
just tell your president to wake up unless he want to set up something like that Innosun or whatever, where most of the cars are built by local welder
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by Originalsly: 12:38pm On Oct 03, 2013
naijathings:
abeg.. Y una dey click Like for this senseless post.. ?
Must you quote the whole senseless post?
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by Fadelex(m): 12:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
rushman003: Ȋ̝̊̅ swear na imbe-cile/ you be, hanhan where are all these S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ called moderators now, U̶̲̥̅̊ Ŋ☹ see this one abi ? Later U̶̲̥̅̊ G̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̝̇̇̇ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣ ̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ ban innocent people! Mtshew! Rubbish! Ȋ̝̊̅ won read comment he Ŋ☹ allow me read with his/her useless and senseless post! Ȋ̝̊̅ know say girls Ŋ☹ fit do this kind thing... Wareva don't even know ђã†̥ nairaland I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅ turning to these days!
you're supposed to be banned. y quoting that long and senseless post?

Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by Originalsly: 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2013
The plan is a good one....a plan that is focusing on self sufficiency instead of depending on others to provide for us what we can provide for ourselves. would the infrastructure be there?....constant electricity and water?...cars, what aboit roads? The biggest threat to this plan as it is are politicians...stage one...they have to set the example by using locally manufactured cars. That one is beyond my imagination.
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 03, 2013
sheyie2007: opolo e ti sori kodo angry

Hehehehehee, Who tell you say you brain don turn upside down?
I been think say you no know. At least now wey u don know. Your
salvation is within reach.
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by Funpeter: 12:54pm On Oct 03, 2013
sausta:

SEE YEYE IN HIGH PLACES
I knew people like you will qoute it YEYE IN HIGHEST PLACES
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by ketoprofen(m): 12:56pm On Oct 03, 2013
bettercreature: This is people dont get it,without stable electricity,all this is just a dream
just tell your president to wake up unless he want to set up something like that Innosun or whatever, where most of the cars are built by local welder

innoson cars?
Local welder?
Inferiority complex
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by Revolva(m): 1:04pm On Oct 03, 2013
This nation is way soo confuuse... Fix the problems around before banning toks cars doing the right thing at the wrong time shame
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by rushman003: 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2013
Fadelex:
you're supposed to be banned. y quoting that long and senseless post?
most definately with you broken English + quoting ma quote! So who's suppose to be banned now? If.i comment without quoting. What would someone like you have called me? undecided
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by cycline404(m): 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2013
THEN THEY SHOULD PHASE OUT TOKUNBO AEROPLANE....
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by rushman003: 1:22pm On Oct 03, 2013
naijathings:

i be like i send you
you no fit read post then go and buy a furking newspaper.
if them ban me... I will open many NL profiles and terrorize this site as a hobby grin.
.i. SEe you bro! Ȋ̝̊̅ think U̶̲̥̅̊ should get a life b4 it'l be too late.. Kip up the G✽d work terrorist U̶̲̥̅̊ think its a G✽d name ? Aint in the mood to interact with sum1 of ў<3Ůr calibre look for your likes man ! This I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅ NAIRALAND kiss
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by Fhemmmy: 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2013
sausta: They are invariably telling us that they want to increase tariffs for used car importation into the country.
Fresh Air indeed!
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by Fhemmmy: 1:34pm On Oct 03, 2013
aieromon: Make the industrial environment accommodating before rolling out this policy. Afterall we used to assemble VW and PaN vehicles in the 80s.

ha ha ha ha . . . They are yet to give electricity, they wanna manufacture cars . . . Lol
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by Demainman1: 1:36pm On Oct 03, 2013
ANOTHER POLICY TO MAKE THE NIGERIA CUSTOM GUYS VERY VERY VERY RICH BEYOND ALL IMAGINATION!! Seme border here we come full force!
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by emi2(m): 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2013
ebenezer4o2: Let's talk about the economic implications of this if followed to the letter.

If such cars are stoped from being imported into Nigeria,then here ceases to be a dumping ground and hence an increase in the assembly of local automobiles thereby fostering Job creation in the industry.

It brings about an equilibrium,to an extent in the export multiplier process thereby stabilizing the economy.

It also helps to spring up subsidiary industries.

All these are measures put together by the FG to strenghten the Naira and improve the economy as a whole.More are yet to come,kudos to the FG.
Dem don do am yet!...empty promises!!...that only fools bliv.
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by wisdompauls(m): 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2013
Fadelex: good development but Abuja is full of irrelevant structures already. this thing should be taken to south east or one remote area, Abuja is d administrative headquarters not commercial headquarters, population of Abuja is not supposed to be more than 1.5million but we have excess of 6million people, dis-centRalize Abuja, custom headquarters has no biz in Abuja, take it to lag, agriculture ministry has no business in Abuja, take it to benue, ministry of industry has no biz in Abuja, take it to Anambra or Abia, what of water resources? take it to kogi.....
there's so much concentration in Abuja and dis is bad for our economy
1000% correct, bt just dt they wont listen.

Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by debbleopto: 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2013
rottennaija: good news

good for you because one your relatives is selling new cars. Arije ninu idaru. government only give policies with respect to economy surrounding the Aso rock not the electorate they usually begged every four years for votes
Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by Dmentor(f): 1:54pm On Oct 03, 2013
If the govt is truly concerned about the welfare of Nigerians, it should start by placing a ban on tokumbo planes.

Re: FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars by Jayboi(m): 1:57pm On Oct 03, 2013
**Laughn in swahili** wat wil the name of d cars be like? Leme see....IBB 01, GEJ bullet, OBJ omega.

ASWMA Vehicle Spotted With Two Of Its Tyres Missing (photos) / Help- Vsa/caution Light On 08 Honda Pilot / Honda Pilot 2007 Vs Mitsubishi Outlander 2007: Which is Better?