Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,857 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

"The Walking Dead" - Season 4 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 (17601 Views)

THE WALKING DEAD - Fan Page / The Walking Dead Season 3 / All The Zombie Horror Fans - The Walking Dead (AMC's epic series) [Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

"The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by PrinceNN(m): 10:40am On Oct 03, 2013
The moment Billions grin of us have been waiting for is almost here, Season four of our beloved show "TWD" is here
The First episode "30 Days Without an Accident" would be airing on October 13, 2013 (10 days from today)

Im hearing of a "new threat" shocked .... anyways below are 5 things (spoilers kinna) you need to know about season 4

Season four of The Walking Dead starts in two weeks. I’ve seen the first two episodes, and I don’t think fans will be disappointed. It doesn’t feel like new showrunner Scott Gimple has upset the balance of the show. It feels like a natural progression of where Glen Mazzara left it. Here are five things you can look forward to in season four. (Minor spoilers ahead: no specific details, but overarching ideas are discussed.)

There are lots of new faces to familiarize yourself with.

Season four picks up about 30 days after season three, and the prison has become a thriving community. The survivors have a vegetable farm and are raising pigs. There is a rudimentary “government” in place, called the council, that consists of Daryl, Carol, Sasha, Glenn, and Hershel. And there are dozens of new survivors in the camp. Some are just there as zombie food, but others have an actual purpose - and names. There are also several children in the camp now, which brings about new needs (like school) and new complications (like trying to educate the kids about living under zombie rule).

Rick is a changed man.

Rick has started to dig himself out of the pit he was in last season. As a sort of penance, he has taken on the role of farmer, under the tutelage of Hershel. He does not help with kill sweeps, and refuses to carry a gun. His fear of guns is deep and psychological, as if merely holding one would cause him to go ballistic. It seems that the weapon exile was agreed to by both Rick and the council, but by the time season four comes back, everyone is ready to have Rick return to the front lines. But is Rick ready?

Carl is a changed boy / man.

Carl faces consequences as a result of shooting that boy at the end of season three. Not only does he face consequences, he actually learns a lesson. Since being grounded isn’t really an option anymore (and that sure never worked as a punishment for me), Carl’s “punishment” is a similar fate to Rick’s. Carl is eager to take on more of a leadership role than just helping his father with the garden, but he understands why he is on restricted duty, and doesn’t fight his father too much on it. An event in episode two causes Carl to use a gun during an emergency. He is wracked with guilt, but used it responsibly and by the episode’s end is given back his gun. At the same time, Carl is still just a boy. I don’t know how old he is supposed to be in the show, but he still loves reading comic books, hates regular books, won’t sit in on storytime because it is for “babies,” and has to decide whether or not he wants to be a tattle-tale.

There are lots of new threats.

As seen in the poster for the season, that chain link fence won’t hold the walkers out forever - but new threats from inside the prison may mean that leaving is the safest option. I don’t want to give too much away, but there are two threats on the inside: one is organic, and the other may be a traitor.

The Governor does not show up in at least the first two episodes.

I don’t know where he is or when we will see him, but the one-eyed psychopath is nowhere to be seen, and no one mentions him. Either the prison community doesn’t see him as a threat anymore, or they have more important things to worry about.

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by PrinceNN(m): 10:45am On Oct 03, 2013
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Afam4eva(m): 10:55am On Oct 03, 2013
I can't wait...LOADING...
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by zeelo2014: 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
I miss my favorite character Monroe, Daryl's brother. He reminds me of T-bag in prison break.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by PrinceNN(m): 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2013
zeelo2014: I miss my favorite character Monroe, Daryl's brother. He reminds me of T-bag in prison break.
lool dat dude was a serious source of controversy then....we all him sha
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Kekule11(m): 3:11pm On Oct 03, 2013
Pls d seasn 2 and 3 i watchd were nt complete,pls where cn i download the last 3 episodes of seasn 2 and 3,tanx.
Menh cn't wait 4 seasn 4 o.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by PrinceNN(m): 3:17pm On Oct 03, 2013
Kekule11: Pls d seasn 2 and 3 i watchd were nt complete,pls where cn i download the last 3 episodes of seasn 2 and 3,tanx.
Menh cn't wait 4 seasn 4 o.

if you are on a pc, check couchtuner.eu or use torrents.
as for mobile OYO
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Kekule11(m): 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
Tanx bro
₱®ÌИСΞ:

if you are on a pc, check couchtuner.eu or use torrents.
as for mobile OYO
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 05, 2013
Checking in!
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Afam4eva(m): 8:12am On Oct 05, 2013
zeelo2014: I miss my favorite character Monroe, Daryl's brother. He reminds me of T-bag in prison break.
I really felt pity for that guy when he turned. At the later end he wanted to make things right.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by PrinceNN(m): 7:48am On Oct 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
I really felt pity for that guy when he turned. At the later end he wanted to make things right.
Yea
And it just had to b his bro dat ended his misery
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Afam4eva(m): 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
Yesterday was the 10th of October if you know what i mean.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Darray(m): 6:18am On Oct 12, 2013
One more day. grin
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by ellab(f): 12:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
it 'll be shown on dstv 2mao.
fox channel
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Afam4eva(m): 12:49pm On Oct 12, 2013
ella.b:
it 'll be shown on dstv 2mao.
fox channel
Those are old episodes.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
Those are old episodes.
Yh they have been showing episodes from season 3 but they would show season 4's premiere on the 14th...they've been promoting it all week on fox
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by PhysicsQED(m): 1:09am On Oct 13, 2013
Looking forward to this. Hope they start the season off with something exciting.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by VillageBoi(m): 7:33am On Oct 13, 2013
[size=32pt]The day is upon us!![/size]
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by zeelo2014: 11:42am On Oct 13, 2013
Finally.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by chromatic: 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
Finally!
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by montelik(m): 11:02pm On Oct 13, 2013
Damn see expectation. Better not set the bar too high to avoid disappointment. grin
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 14, 2013
cheesy
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by mrdrizzy(m): 5:49am On Oct 14, 2013
Is it out?
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by PhysicsQED(m): 6:31am On Oct 14, 2013
1st episode was good. It didn't amaze me, but there were some exciting/interesting moments. I also like that Michonne still wants to take out the Governor, even after all the months that have passed by.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by VillageBoi(m): 8:55am On Oct 14, 2013
^ ^ ^
I enjoyed it very much too. I didn't see anything wrong with it opening small and laying down the road-map for part of the season... And that very crucial 'answer' at the end.
What do you think 'really' happened to 4-eyes before the shower? The only thing I could think of was asthma *cough* *cough*
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Afam4eva(m): 12:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
Pls, which channel was the first episode shown? Where can i download it? Can i get all the episodes even if it hasn't been shown on TV?
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by VillageBoi(m): 1:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
Afam4eva: Pls, which channel was the first episode shown? Where can i download it? Can i get all the episodes even if it hasn't been shown on TV?

No idea what channel it was shown on as I don't watch it on TV. Have PM'd you - enjoy.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Afam4eva(m): 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
VillageBoi:

No idea what channel it was shown on as I don't watch it on TV. Have PM'd you - enjoy.
I got it. Thanks smiley
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by VillageBoi(m): 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
I got it. Thanks smiley
You're welcome wink
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by 50calibre(m): 4:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
PhysicsQED: 1st episode was good. It didn't amaze me, but there were some exciting/interesting moments. I also like that Michonne still wants to take out the Governor, even after all the months that have passed by.

Even me! The episode was a but dull, still the same old daily events, apart from some new faces, new relationships.

The walk with rick & that disheveled woman into the bush was pointless, initially I though there was something big going down, even Rick himself doesn't seem to be of sound mind.

The only exiting moments were the shopping mall scene with the walkers & that boy turning at the end ( probably the new threat ) maybe some kind of new strain or mutation of the virus.

Can't wait for episode 2.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
^^^ The same old daily events? Ummm..... did you see the prison? Lol. And they went a month without any accidents. Nothing is the same at all. They've fortified.

A lot of foreshadowing in this episode. Glenn telling Maggie to stay back. Hershel telling Rick to take his gun. Beth not saying goodbye. Even that crazy woman was dropping all sorts of clues. Based on that, the episode was exactly what I expected lol.

I love Carol's transition though. From being a wimpy cloth-washing victim of abuse to secretly giving kids weaponry lessons lol.

I wonder if there's any significance to Violet. Hmm.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by 50calibre(m): 6:58pm On Oct 14, 2013
ogugua88: ^^^ The same old daily events? Ummm..... did you see the prison? Lol. And they went a month without any accidents. Nothing is the same at all. They've fortified.

A lot of foreshadowing in this episode. Glenn telling Maggie to stay back. Hershel telling Rick to take his gun. Beth not saying goodbye. Even that crazy woman was dropping all sorts of clues. Based on that, the episode was exactly what I expected lol.

I love Carol's transition though. From being a wimpy cloth-washing victim of abuse to secretly giving kids weaponry lessons lol.

I wonder if there's any significance to Violet. Hmm.

Yeah!! A few changes here & there, but still the same order of events, Rick wandering around insanely, Carl walking around with a gun trying to be an adult, Daryl doing his hunting, Carol being the mum,.....

The prison looks fortified, 30 days without any incident is incredible, although I don't think their safety would last long.

Rick needs to snap out of his madness, he's becoming really boring, Glen & maggie needs a reality check, maggie doesn't seem to understand the kind of world they live in.

My favourites at the moment are Carol, Daryl & Michone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Juicy Jay & Olivia (juiovla) Evicted From The Big Brother Titans House / Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 / 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.