Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,638 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Help Please.what Is The Best Way To Email A Cv? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Please.what Is The Best Way To Email A Cv? (1181 Views)

How Do I Attach My Application To My CV? Pls Help. / Discover Top 5 Free Services To Email Large Files As Attachment Up To 1gb / Need A Way To Email Ncc With A Complaint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Please.what Is The Best Way To Email A Cv? by funsoo(m): 1:58pm On Jun 06, 2006
Please can someone provide me answers to the following questions?

1. I emailed my CV as an attachment to an employer. When i did not
receieve any news from them ,i made an enquiry but was told that
they could not open the attached file
2 What is the best way for me to email this document in future so that
it can easily be opened and read without loosing its form?

Your professional advice will be of immense benefits, not only for me ,
but also to many jobseekers who have suffered from this problem in
the past.
Re: Help Please.what Is The Best Way To Email A Cv? by twinstaiye(m): 3:20pm On Jun 06, 2006
The best format is still Microsoft word, it is generally accepted and being in used by every corporate bodies. But you did not tell us whether your CV was produced with Microsoft word or not, and which particular software you use to type it.
Re: Help Please.what Is The Best Way To Email A Cv? by Bossman(m): 9:20pm On Jun 07, 2006
I have to agree. MS Word is the standard. If you attached it as a word doc, and they can't open it, it'e either they do not have MS word, or the person just does not know how to download/open the attachment. If they do not have MS Word, well to bad for them. OTOH, you can create a text version of your resume for situations like this. Also, a lot of online job agencies that allow you to upload your resume to their DB, will only accept a text version anyway.
Re: Help Please.what Is The Best Way To Email A Cv? by my2cents(m): 12:12am On Jun 13, 2006
Could be that they don't have the same version of MS Word that you have.

I would like to recommend you export the word document to either Rich Text Format or PDF. Then send them both, to be on the same side. These 2 are pretty much universal.

I hope this helps.
Re: Help Please.what Is The Best Way To Email A Cv? by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 13, 2006
Answer to the above question, simply email it!
Re: Help Please.what Is The Best Way To Email A Cv? by lukkie(m): 3:53pm On Jun 24, 2006
d preferred option is ms-word. in ur own case, d word file could av been corrupted by ur flash disk or diskette. i'll advise u not 2 attach directly from d flash disk. copy it onto d system's hard disk first, open it to confirm it's not corrupt & then attach. d other option is to copy it directly into d body of an email. this will make u lose d clean word formatting though. good luck.
Re: Help Please.what Is The Best Way To Email A Cv? by funsoo(m): 2:21pm On Jul 03, 2006
Thank you . I really appreciate you all

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To The E.f.c.c / What Do You Know About Samsung / Mtn Tablet / Help On How To Format Xp Window It Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.