Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,463 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. (1850 Views)

Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? / Pgd In English/lit Or English Education, Which? / Preparing For Gmat And Graduate School in The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by Tosdam(m): 5:06pm On Oct 04, 2013
GREAT NIGERIA STUDENT!!!

Despite the ongoing strike of obdurate ASUU & FG alots can still be discussed in our field. This thread is strictly created for the benefits of students in this faculty. We wants you as an individual that belong to this field to share your experiences in your various schools; tell us why you chose english & education as a career and what you will like to become with it, and why you prefer it to other fields...

Also, to help the freshers and dreamers in this field to know what they should be expecting and ways of tackling it. The course outline, how they can graduate with top grade. What help the course is offering to the society.... Thank you...
Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by Nwaotu10(m): 7:00pm On Oct 04, 2013
Well, let me first introduce my self.
My nomenclature is bonaventure alias "GRAMMAR". Am a guy of very few words and i detest talking too much..
Honestly!, i reckon that i choosed english language as a career simply because of my profound love for "grammar words." i'm very gratified when ever am emitting the english words. It gives me a profuse pleasure. This is the fact that requires no fallacious altercations.
Thanks.
Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by Alhasan1(m): 7:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
Apart from teaching, where is somebody who studied English Language expected to work after graduation? How interesting is it to study English Language as a course?
Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by valnicholas(f): 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2013
:oSMH this is a disgrace to my field of study...I can't even imagine hw disorganised this post is...#sighing#@hasan,watz d name of Ūя̲̅ institution...@nwaotu MR GRAMMAR! U̶̲̥̅̊ didn't even answer the question,ure J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ busy spokin Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ speaking..hehehhehehh grammarian#..I pray ASUU calls off dis strike so we would be able to answer simple questions...#lobatan#
Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by Alhasan1(m): 7:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
I'm studying Law but my brother wants to study English Language. I was flabbergasted reading this thread. Pls, try to be checking ur diction before posting any thing here. It is full of blunders. Grammatical Blunders! I don't like to sound condescending ooo but it is a shame to d course itself.
Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by Tosdam(m): 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2013
I'm very sure there are lots to be discussed in this field, lots i repeated rather than posting away from the asked question above.

Am a fresher in this field, just gained admission to read the course. I like the course and wants to know beyond. Let handle our post with mature minds and voice to the air what is expected to be heard or to be known.

Let me share my experience in this area, i had been nurturing law right from my day 1 in junior secondary school not only because i can argue for & against with genuine reasons, because i make it my passion. I had seen so many lawyers on screen as well as in my environment, indeed my brother was one which actuate my spirit to become 1 too.

Not more than a year ago i discovered my real career from my nebulous vision, i discovered am not only a born teacher but also going to be one useful element in the field of education. The idea of become a future lawyer suddenly washed away, and i wish to become a renown professor in a diverse knowledge as God promise for me.

English and education is a discipline that will give me a wonderful opportunity to two honour and sure employment after graduating, i.e i don't have to be legging around with my certificate in search of job and i can as well work outside teaching depending on what i intend to do with my certificate.

English education had helped the society n will keep helping it, the update of english day in day out in communication cannot be overemphasized.We need trained educationist in this country not those who end up in the field just because they can't get a job.

I rest my case here and leave the undergraduate and graduate in this field to shed more light and not to derail the post, thank you...

1 Like

Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by Tosdam(m): 5:08am On Oct 05, 2013
Al-hasan:
I'm studying Law but my brother wants to study English Language. I was flabbergasted reading this thread. Pls, try to be checking ur diction before posting any thing here. It is full of blunders. Grammatical Blunders! I don't like to sound condescending ooo but it is a shame to d course itself.

lol, barrister it will be well...
Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by Nwaotu10(m): 3:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
@alhasan or whatever your appellation is, you've to imbieb the axiomatic fact that you're the one pasting load of pestriferious grammatical blunders here.
It's quite appalling that as a law guru you're, you still finds it very cumbersome and convoluted to manipulate the fathomable English words.
All ur comments is full of erronious syntax.. Hahahaha. You must be a corofo law student. Hahahahahahaha. Go back to ur reading table and extricate from making ur self an object of caricature.
I rest my case!

1 Like

Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by Nwaotu10(m): 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
@nicholas.. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. Mehn! Assu has maimed me.
Hahahaha, but there is hope!, let's keeping hoping!. Hehehehehe. Can you answer that simple question??
Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by eniorisha(m): 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
with d way thins r going on this tread i am affraid d tread might not serve d laudable objective 4 which it was created in first place.Do not cruxify because of mere grammaticar errors,it derails n distracts attention,meanwhile do u know dt we sometimes make mistakes when we speak or write in our individual 'mother tongue' ? so if this is unavoidable, to me mistakes on adopted language will be inevitable;or don't u think that had we known it all,there won't be d need to apply to study english lang. - related course again.
I am Adeyemi by name, unilag bound to study english edu. ,from osun state,now to d graduates or undergraduates in d discipline,is this course french lang. related? i.e is there any work relating to french in d course outline? i know nothing in french o!
Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by toideve(m): 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2013
Nwaotu10: Well, let me first introduce my self.
My nomenclature is bonaventure alias "GRAMMAR". Am a guy of very few words and i detest talking too much..
Honestly!, i reckon that i choosed english language as a career simply because of my profound love for "grammar words." i'm very gratified when ever am emitting the english words. It gives me a profuse pleasure. This is the fact that requires no fallacious altercations.
Thanks.

English hard oo....choi! cry
Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by eniorisha(m): 11:02am On Oct 07, 2013
toideve:

English hard oo....choi! cry
Are u english educationist? if u r one plc kindly share ur experience with freshers in this discipline.
i poked a question earlier,u will do me some good if u can answer it as well.thanks!
Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by Tosdam(m): 5:48am On Oct 10, 2013
eni orisha: with d way thins r going on this tread i am affraid d tread might not serve d laudable objective 4 which it was created in first place.Do not cruxify because of mere grammaticar errors,it derails n distracts attention,meanwhile do u know dt we sometimes make mistakes when we speak or write in our individual 'mother tongue' ? so if this is unavoidable, to me mistakes on adopted language will be inevitable;or don't u think that had we known it all,there won't be d need to apply to study english lang. - related course again.

eni orisha, true fact u have said... Y should we be discussing mistake instead of discussing the main issue. I don't know when nigeria student will stop behaving this way, let stop looking out for our mistakes and face the reality....

For ur question, i don't think so, it is not part of the course....
Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by Tosdam(m): 11:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
Don't allow the motivating spirit to die, share ur idea with us, the small it may be to you the great effect it may ve on others....
Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by kayking01(f): 12:51am On Nov 11, 2013
Subscribed....hp i won't regret with d way things 're going on here
Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by Tosdam(m): 6:17pm On Dec 17, 2013
Al-hasan:
Apart from teaching, where is somebody who studied English Language expected to work after graduation? How interesting is it to study English Language as a course?
Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by Tosdam(m): 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
kayking01: Subscribed....hp i won't regret with d way things 're going on here
I don't think so, but for those who derail the thread na wa 4 u cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. by Tosdam(m): 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
come let resurrect this thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Oko Regular Two Form 2014/2015(R2) / Hurray! Eko Boys' High School, Lagos Is 102 Years Today / 2015/2016 Covenant University Jamb Cut Off Scores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.