Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? (2576 Views)

How You Study When You have a Ph.D in Reading / Thread For English &education Student, Both Undergraduate, And Graduate. / Would You Study The Same Course Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by indoorlove(m): 5:33am On Aug 28, 2011
i am currently an undergraduate in the university of Abuja, faculty of Education. Nlanders would rather be an education students and graduate with full assurance of getting a Job (Lecturer,Secondary school teacher or at worst primary school teacher) depending on what u come with or going about looking for job with your mech engr,elect elect, civil engr certificates.    Pls only candid opinions is welcome.
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by Shollybabstac: 7:23am On Aug 28, 2011
9ice talk,it's beta i'm api been an educationist .(POLITICAL SCIENCE EDUCATION,LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY)
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by arsenwise: 12:15pm On Aug 28, 2011
That the issue,am once a education student in my first year in the university all my effort to change the course was bn abortive cos i was admited to the dept of finance before they change my course to an education course due to a mistake i made when i was filing my post jamb form,but the problem is that am not good in education line cos i don't av any love for teaching.so i left the course.i guess those who av love for education courses should apply for education courses,instead of changing people to education line.by the this you will get the best at of the student in education line.you just try to do a statistic in the faculty of education in your school,you will found out that despite student been train as an educationist,most of the student stil prefer to work in the banking sector,aviation sector e.t.c so my candid opinion is that one should read what he really want to become in life.instead of crosing to other profesion after your degree program.on line.you just try to do a statistic in the faculty of education in your school,you will found out that despite student been train as an educationist,most of the student stil prefer to work in the banking sector,aviation sector e.t.c so my candid opinion is that one should read what he really want to become in life.instead of crosing to other profesion after your degree program.
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by indoorlove(m): 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2011
Majority of people are of the opinion that be an educationist, you will always end up to be a teacher, this is not true, for example my subject matter is Mathematics Education. I can work in a bank or any other related sectors. What i mean is that being an educationist gives u more opportunity to atleast engage in something instead of parading the whole town with other engr. Certificates.
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by indoorlove(m): 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2011
@arsenwise. Am sure you must have heard of the following profile before: He graduate as an educationist from so, university, work as a teacher in so so , secondary school, serve as a cashier attendant in so so , bank, proceed to the department of so so, in the ministry of finance,education,agriculture etc, the list is endless, in life nobody wants to be stagnant in one area of specialization, life is diverse and u have to learn to be diverse as well. It will increase your confidence and give propers understanding of all the ramification of life.
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by amtalkin(f): 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2011
back in the days our lecturer told us that studying education is like killing two birds wif 1 stone
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by sley4life(m): 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2011
why not. the cash is all we want. 4k knowledge without job
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by babakels: 1:23pm On Sep 05, 2011
make sense, if every one study engineering who then will lecture the engineers and with this i say there is no engineer without engineer education,
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by Greenslim: 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2011
Certificate is what you need to get a job. Creativity is what you need to employ your yourself and your mate, families and any other person so desire. choose for yourself what you really need.
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by JahMan1: 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2011
@indoorlove,
why are you mentioning engineers over and over again?
I am not one but could not help but notice it.
About your question,well,because of Nigerian high rate of unemployment,people tend to advise their relations to try education(especially for the ladies).
I was advised that by my uncle who is a teacher as he felt that will give me better chances to secure a job. I never accepted that and I graduated and worked in an educational institution before leaving for the private sector.
I advise you desist from generalizing such issues.

Lolz,sorry I read about Math education and I remember back in univ days when one of my professors called me and asked, "have you wondered why students are afraid of Mathematics in the secondary schools?"
I wanted to know why, he told me to watch out those guys in Math education and stats education that will graduate and teach them,that they themselves are afraid of mathematics.This was actually true,they prefer education courses, "Measurement & Evaluation", preparation of questionnaires that my prof called "strongly agree and disagree".
I just agreed with him that these guys will go out there and tell the students how difficult mathematics is.But that is not the true fact.Mathematics is very cheap.
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2011
Be an educationist,u can never be jobless.
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by Edygo: 11:11pm On Sep 05, 2011
100s of educationist re in the street.
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by 2nex(m): 4:15am On Sep 06, 2011
u guys should not b confusd hr d tin is its al abt wat one likes and like doin, am a studnt of unilag studyin bio edu.yes i like it cos i av flair for it, its al abt wat u like doin irespectv of d pay.infat it ws wen i gt 2sch dt i gt 2no dt its al abt ur ability,wat u can do and nt d course u study,
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by 2nex(m): 4:22am On Sep 06, 2011
hey,edygo abi wetn b ur name is like u no count wel , au do u mean dt hundreds of ed.r in d sreet, comon! Guy u dnt wait for job 2 come, and au certain r u dt dey mst of d aplicants r ed?.
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by indoorlove(m): 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2011
@jah Man I have nothing against engr. Students, just making an example. I am definately not one of those who is afraid of mathematics, it has been my companion right from my tender age, i hv flair 4 it that is why i go 4 it, as löng as am concern, mathematics is one of the most simplest subject i know.
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 20, 2013
I am student reading Eco stat in d faculty of Education Uniben....wanted 2 know if I will be able 2 do my masters in pure Economics
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by Vipro(m): 1:53pm On Nov 08, 2022
I am student reading Eco stat in d faculty of Education Uniben....wanted 2 know if I will be able 2 do my masters in pure Economics
Hello
Re: Would You Study Rather Be An Education Student? by Xenisha: 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2022
After the children have not attended school for a long time, it is not at all surprising that many children require lessons with a tutor. My child is no exception, and therefore he began to take lessons with a tutor on the website https://studymind.co.uk/11-plus-tutors/ and he simply surprised me with his knowledge, it turns out that it is easier for him to study alone than in class, he began to read more and learn new things. Since I work all the time, I cannot teach him a lot with all the hope for the knowledge that a tutor will give because my son is planning to go to law college.

(1) (Reply)

UNIUYO Post UTME 2012/2013 Exam Date / Get Complete 2012 Gce Time Table Here / JUSTICE, EQUALITY AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT.A Term Paper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.