Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Why Do Married Couples Look Alike With Time. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Married Couples Look Alike With Time. (1532 Views)

6 Arguments All Married Couples Have / Do Married Men Go Home After Work? / Why Do Married Men Run After Young Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Married Couples Look Alike With Time. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 04, 2013
I'm sure I haven't noticed this alone. Married couples start looking like siblings after 5 or more years together, sometimes it happens sooner.

I would have uploaded tons of pictures but do not have permission to do so.

What could be responsible?
Re: Why Do Married Couples Look Alike With Time. by acume: 10:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
mix of blood i think is responsible, seeing their children sometimes one cannot tell if look like the mother or the father because of the mix of blood over time
Re: Why Do Married Couples Look Alike With Time. by kennybelle: 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
This has always baffled me as well. God is marvellous!
Re: Why Do Married Couples Look Alike With Time. by Emmyk(m): 12:36am On Oct 05, 2013
Ti ewe ba pe lara ose, a di ose

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Couples Look Alike With Time. by Afrocatalyst: 6:17am On Oct 05, 2013
Faithfulness.
Re: Why Do Married Couples Look Alike With Time. by Lovetinz(m): 8:52am On Oct 05, 2013
Emmyk: Ti ewe ba pe lara ose, a di ose

^^ ^^ The like is not for your post. it's for your Signature. grin
Re: Why Do Married Couples Look Alike With Time. by Emmyk(m): 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2013
Lovetinz:

^^ ^^ The like is not for your post. it's for your Signature. grin

I'm sure you do it well, right? cheesy
Re: Why Do Married Couples Look Alike With Time. by demmy55(m): 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
They look alike because the two become one flesh. cool
Re: Why Do Married Couples Look Alike With Time. by EzePromoe: 6:08pm On Oct 06, 2013
I suspect a transfer/exchange of genes during intercourse
Re: Why Do Married Couples Look Alike With Time. by Tinkybabe(f): 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
Exchange of fluid maybe.
Though it's been said that people get attracted and marry the people that bear a slight resemblance to them and over the years couples tend to mimic each other's facial expressions.
All in all,I think it's just a perception;psychology turning our heads
Re: Why Do Married Couples Look Alike With Time. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
Tinkybabe: Exchange of fluid maybe.
Though it's been said that people get attracted and marry the people that bear a slight resemblance to them and over the years couples tend to mimic each other's facial expressions.
All in all,I think it's just a perception;psychology turning our heads
psychology twisting the perception of so many?

I'm kind of at ease knowing this stuff is widespread and it is not just me seeing couples begin to look alike.
Re: Why Do Married Couples Look Alike With Time. by Tinkybabe(f): 9:23am On Oct 11, 2013
^^Yes!
This is how it works;agreed that people marry people they look like initially.The increased resemblance we see isn't rooted in their genetics or exchange of genetic materials.It is because they have through the years learnt to do the same thing,look the same way,frown the same way,pose for pictures with the same or similar facial expressions.

When we see these similarities in their facial expressions ,our brain process it into genetic resemblance but it is infact a perceived resemblance.
That's what I mean by psychology turning our heads.

(1) (Reply)

Building Family Strengths: Unity / Pastor Impregnating Married Women And Their Daughters Of His Church (PHOTOS) / Maybe Marriage Isn’t For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.