Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,993 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Which Professional Exam(s) Should An Agricultural Economist Do? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Professional Exam(s) Should An Agricultural Economist Do? (4329 Views)

Can An Economist Do The Work Of An Accountant In An Organization? / Doing A Phd Is Often A Waste Of Time, Says The Economist / What Can An Agric Economist Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Professional Exam(s) Should An Agricultural Economist Do? by agrovick(m): 12:43am On Oct 05, 2013
Citizens of nairaland here i am seeking the opinion of my esteemed colleagues. I'm in my semi finals studying agricultural economics, considering how competitive the labour market in Nigeria is and the need to have other qualifications apart from the first degree in other to be at an advantage over other competitors, which professional body will you advise me to join hala ICAN, NIM, ACCA and the likes. Thanks
Re: Which Professional Exam(s) Should An Agricultural Economist Do? by SaintChukz(m): 2:07pm On Oct 06, 2013
^ I'm only responding to this post because of a recent job advert i read on the internet. It was generally related to those who read forestry management and the recruiting body was CIFOR(Centre for International forestry Research and Management). Of all the requirements they requested, i noticed the professional project management certification was the main priority for the role. The other requirements mentioned included; appropriate scientific readership and methodologies being used to carry out previous job roles. So what i'm trying to tell you here is that i think a certification in project management seems to be the in-thing these days as it cuts across virtually all jobs and industry sectors. So i would add a CIPM in addition to those you have mentioned above. NIM and ACCA(ICAN) are also good professional certifications to consider but i would not ignore that of project management(CIPM) at all. Despite the fact that i didn't read an Agric-related course, i'm 97% sure if i were CIPM or project management certified i would have been able to apply to that expatriate job in Kenya. So you should endeavour to consider this as well as you go along. You can thank me later.
PS: I read a Geoscience course.
Re: Which Professional Exam(s) Should An Agricultural Economist Do? by agrovick(m): 9:37am On Oct 07, 2013
@chukz thanks a lot, I just had to post that topic cos I dont want to be left behind in the grand scheme, its a competitive world out there and I want to be able to pull my weight. I will try as much as possible to get in touch with u when i need more clarificatns. Thanks a lot
Re: Which Professional Exam(s) Should An Agricultural Economist Do? by PalmTree(m): 2:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is widely used across
several fields ranging from Telecomms to Oil and Gas
Industry. Which is why Greenland Consult Ltd (Geo-spatial
and Remote Sensing experts) have decided to bring this
technology closer to our future leaders. Acquire GIS skills
today and provide your self with an advantage over other job
seekers!
If you are currently studying Geography, Urban and regional
planning, Geology, Agricultural sciences, Civil engineering,
Information technology, Estate management, Surveying,
Agric Extension, Public health science and Marketing, we
have customized training classes for all the above listed
disciplines. For hands-on technical training in GIS and
Remote Sensing applications, you can send a mail to
greenlandconsult89@gmail.com or tomimgis@gmail.com.
Phone: 08061185492
We also offer advanced training sessions on Crime mapping
analysis, Land information systems, Forest and natural
resource management, Environmental impact assessment
and Environmental Modelling. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

What's It Like Working At An Oil Rig Job? / The Doctor And Other Doctors...a Battle To Fight Later / 2017 Oando Gas And Power Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.