Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) (16478 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Trailer Of 'The Four Boys' (An Aluu 4 Movie) / You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by NaLaugh: 9:08am On Oct 27, 2013
NO lie, i'm about to post this trailer to my comedy site, coz this has to be a joke. cheesy
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by texazzpete(m): 9:37am On Oct 27, 2013
Xion:

What a nice way to save someone from embarrassment,
Dude even called me a sycophant.

Well, you were talking like a sycophant. What the heck was I supposed to say to you?

Xion:
There's no time to trade words with you, but kindly find better ways of being a constructive critic.
I commended his efforts based on personal grounds.
I'm a cgi, vfx person myself, doing this thing is not beans. Every time I think up an idea in this line, I dump it again and again, simply because of the fear of failure, fear of people like you.
This is someone who I believe has overcome that fear and all you can do is nail him?

This is not a CGI movie. It is a live action movie with CGI elements thrown in. The trailer was abysmal, there was ZERO dialogue, no acting talent on show, not a single thing to show that the OP has ever watched a single trailer in his life.
It's not about whether CGI is 'beans' or not. It's a job/skill like any other. Would you be happy if your mechanic messes up your car and tells you that 'it is not beans'?

For whatever reason, you are celebrating mediocrity. You deserve any knocks you receive. When you finally summon up the courage to come up with your own work, at least do everyone a favour and actually put some thought into it.

4 Likes

Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Xion: 9:43am On Oct 27, 2013
texazzpete:

Well, you were talking like a sycophant. What the heck was I supposed to say to you?

This is not a CGI movie. It is a live action movie with CGI elements thrown in. The trailer was abysmal, there was ZERO dialogue, no acting talent on show, not a single thing to show that the OP has ever watched a single trailer in his life.
It's not about whether CGI is 'beans' or not. It's a job/skill like any other. Would you be happy if your mechanic messes up your car and tells you that 'it is not beans'?

For whatever reason, you are celebrating mediocrity. You deserve any knocks you receive. When you finally summon up the courage to come up with your own work, at least do everyone a favour and actually put some thought into it.

Issorait, point made
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by texazzpete(m): 10:01am On Oct 27, 2013
ekaromail: Wow, A lot of comments from a lot of angry people. Well, let me start by saying this. The movie trailer was done with ZERO BUDGET. I'm sure you all know what zero means.

There is nothing wrong with ZERO BUDGET. There is EVERYTHING wrong with ZERO IMAGINATION.

I'm not sure why you still persist in calling this a 'trailer'. Have you ever seen a Trailer before? What is there in your video to get anyone intrigued about the story? About the actors? Where's the imagination?
Creativity isn't about just putting together crude 3D models. Why did nobody think to put in some dialogue? Where are the explosions coming from? Why the terrible music? Why spend so many days on animating those crude models then ruin everything with the CorelDraw 4.0 fonts? Why is 50% of the Trailer composed of showing off the movie credits? Why is the alien at the end a rip-off of the Aliens movie franchise?

Kajola was a pretty horrible movie at the end of the day, but at least the guys behind it knew what a trailer was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FYkPOOHnNE

ekaromail:
Now why did I post the add and trailer as I did? I posted for two reasons. 1. To get comments and see people's reactions. I knew I will be criticised but I didn't think insults will be added to it. 2. I posted so that some good people who believe in what we are doing will support us financially so dat a better job can be done.

So, did I succeed? Yes I did. I got insults, constructive criticism, encouragement and most importantly, sponsors who are very willing to help us financially.

Sponsors? Zero budget? These are worrying statement from someone who promises a Feb 2014 release date.
You're expecting to spin this into a movie people will pay money to see. Believe me, those of us who have been very strident in our dissapproval are actually the ones doing you the biggest favor. I suggest for your December trailer you actually shun laziness and deliver something that doesn't give off such terrible vibes.
And fix those damn fonts.

2 Likes

Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 27, 2013
Thank goodness I haven't downloaded yet. I thought this trailer was at par with 'the day they came'.
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by spade: 10:43am On Oct 27, 2013
Damn! Texazzpete has nailed it!

Guy, just take our advice and ABANDON this phucking turd. It is not worth it!

Ambition without creativity is simply DELUSION! That's just the plain truth and I'm sorry it has to hit you this way.

Take my advice and just start with an animated short. I mean, a traditional 2D animated short like Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends. Are you aware that cartoon was made using Adobe Illustrator (Drawings), Adobe After-Effects (Animating) and Adobe Premiere (Post-production)? Please, just do that and save yourself the epic embarrassment eagerly waiting to befall you, should this devastating dirt-bomb be released on Feb 14!!!

And since, as you've said, it was made with "ZERO-BUDGET", dumping it in a green, mosquito-breeding gutter shouldn't be any loss, I hope.
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by VillageBoi(m): 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2013
Mr Ekaromail,

From day one of you opening this thread I had absolutely no intention on commenting on your film having known exactly what it would be like from the poster. Yesterday I strted writing a comment but decided not to post it but having just read your most recent comment I've actually decided to.

My yesterdays comment -

"From the very start I never wanted to comment on the 'film'. All I did was say, comically, what I would do to an alien if I met one. The very day this thread was started I knew it would an absolute mess.

OP, I don't know if you are the director or producer... the simple truth is you have heard what the majority of the people have said. Before I say what I really think should be done let me quote you here -
ekaromail:
Not trying to blow too much breeze but the truth is, you WON'T be disappointed.

Now that we have established that this, apparently, in your eyes is acceptable, good and even great. My advise would be QUIT every single thing you are doing in film or VFX and go and be... I dunno... a doctor, carpenter... just anything but this because even Alaba market will NEVER show this. It simply is far too awful. And remember YOU said it wont disappoint so we also know that ONE of these two truths is a FACT - either
1) You simply cannot see how atrocious this work is
or
2) You are calling every Nigerian a fool

Hopefully it is the first... so back to my initial suggestion - quit the industry as you are simply not needed or wanted in it.

I'm afraid I have to tell you all those saying "You try" are liars because not ONE of them would pay 2 Kobo to see this film. The year is TWENTY FRACKING THIRTEEN for christsakes and there Nigerians out there saying "Una try"?? Who the hell are those f**kwits?
"

Your new comment that I read today is -

ekaromail: Wow, A lot of comments from a lot of angry people. Well, let me start by saying this. The movie trailer was done with ZERO BUDGET. I'm sure you all know what zero means.

Now why did I post the add and trailer as I did? I posted for two reasons. 1. To get comments and see people's reactions. I knew I will be criticised but I didn't think insults will be added to it.

First and foremost I am now convinced you take Nigerians to be fools. You seriously come here using ZERO budget as an excuse for the laziest & shoddiest bit of work I have ever seen? Then you say you didn't expect to be insulted yet YOU have insulted all Nigerians by posting this missmash of shots of more than cringeworthy vfx whatever it's called.

You're not the first person to land here, posting some rubbish and declaring "Idiot Nigerian people, make una praise me!". As said before this is the year 2013 - I have no idea what you were thinking that you should insult 160 million Nigerians as if every single one of us lives under a rock, has no Internet access and do not know what is going on in the world of filmmaking of every budget.
Youngsters of 13, 14 & 15 have been making fantastic ZERO BUDGET vfx movies for ages on their laptops with the same software. You have ZERO pride in yourself.

Here are a few clips of what children are making -

Chalk Warfare 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEhsxDn-cbk

Behind The Scenes - Chalk Warfare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSN-dNqm4M4

Guns VFX - Chalk Warfare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc3pe97rBxA

So again, if you are in this industry or trying to join Nigeria does NOT need or want you... QUIT NOW!!

Nollywood mediocre will NEVER cut it; we really need to strive for greatness! A few years ago a short 5min 'zero-budget ($300)' film on Youtube got the maker 'Fede Alvarez' a $30m Hollywood deal. Now he directed the new 'Evil Dead' which is being produced by Sam Raimi -

Initial YouTube zero-budget film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dadPWhEhVk

To any other Nigerian wanting to share something as usless as this. PLEASE do not waste your time or ours. It simply is insulting and annoying. To those of you that want to hate on me for saying the simple truth; feel free as I really won't give a sh*t. And to those that want to encourage this type of ridiculous work you can keep on being the REAL enemies of progress.

Here are a few threads you should have a look at (there are many, many other but I can't search for them all)

https://www.nairaland.com/1208470/kingdom-death-best-nollywood-2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1190254/wale-adenuga-faking-foreign-scenes
https://www.nairaland.com/1148216/nigerians-really-know-good-movies

2 Likes

Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Imagod(m): 12:24pm On Oct 27, 2013
So we should totally ignore the cartoonish effects and praise u?
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by viperman: 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2013
@Ekaromail

I watched this trailer and i laughed my ass off at the ridiculousness of this trailer. You tried, and i know you did because i have tried my hands on VFX,CGI blahblahblah sme years back and i know it requires A LOT of work; but this is not it my friend. Its not even close to high-school CGI and movie standards talk more screening on cinema.

However, you have been critically bashed enough on this thread by those who really want to see you succeed and those that are jealous that you are even TRYING TO DO SOMETHING, and I want to believe you'd be smart enough to take the criticism back into your personal corner and let it fire you up to bounce-back with something that will WOW everyone.

Trust me, you can do better and you will do better. One day you'd come back to this thread and smile at all the negative comments.
Go on youtube and study other effects posted on there by people, study softwares used e.g Maya, 3Ds Max etc back into to your drawing board/scenes and start again.

You've already started what YOU WANT TO DO so dont let the comments discourage you. Let them motivate you to to shame those who told you to rather go and become a carpenter, bricklayer etc

I hope you come back with something awesome. wink
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by tunergy(m): 3:05pm On Oct 27, 2013
viperman: @Ekaromail

I watched this trailer and i laughed my ass off at the ridiculousness of this trailer. You tried, and i know you did because i have tried my hands on VFX,CGI blahblahblah sme years back and i know it requires A LOT of work; but this is not it my friend. Its not even close to high-school CGI and movie standards talk more screening on cinema.

However, you have been critically bashed enough on this thread by those who really want to see you succeed and those that are jealous that you are even TRYING TO DO SOMETHING, and I want to believe you'd be smart enough to take the criticism back into your personal corner and let it fire you up to bounce-back with something that will WOW everyone.

Trust me, you can do better and you will do better. One day you'd come back to this thread and smile at all the negative comments.
Go on youtube and study other effects posted on there by people, study softwares used e.g Maya, 3Ds Max etc back into to your drawing board/scenes and start again.

You've already started what YOU WANT TO DO so dont let the comments discourage you. Let them motivate you to to shame those who told you to rather go and become a carpenter, bricklayer etc

GUESS YOU ARE ONE OF HIS NEWLY FOUND FINANCIAL SPONSORS otu!
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by willyray(m): 3:22pm On Oct 27, 2013
looks good
[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 27, 2013
hope it wud be on irokoTV sha
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by genetos(m): 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
@op, it's really bad, you should have taken you time to work on it, nd u can't use zero budget as an excuses, I did my sci-fi too with a zero budget (the day they came) nd it wasn't this bad. But I commend you for your effort.
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by handler55: 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2013
I see
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
viperman: @Ekaromail

Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by ufumes(m): 10:31pm On Oct 27, 2013
it looks too unreal. I understand that so much efforts went into its production but i think the audience you intend to target has been exposed to better film. if it were in 1990s, it would hold a little sand, not now. It is either you downgrade it to a carton using animated characters throughout as someone suggested earlier or you improve on your graphic and animation. good skills
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Jenniedobi(f): 12:14am On Oct 28, 2013
The producer and director of dis crap should be flogged like seriously.. Mtchewwwww angry
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by BB013(m): 6:14am On Oct 28, 2013
Wait oh! Am I watching a gaming trailer or wot cos this doesn't look like a movie no spoken words just useless graphic..
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by AKMoney1(m): 9:34am On Oct 29, 2013
This na cartoon or what? undecided
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by VillageBoi(m): 11:39am On Oct 29, 2013
texazzpete:

There is nothing wrong with ZERO BUDGET. There is EVERYTHING wrong with ZERO IMAGINATION.

Sponsors? Zero budget? These are worrying statement from someone who promises a Feb 2014 release date.
You're expecting to spin this into a movie people will pay money to see. Believe me, those of us who have been very strident in our dissapproval are actually the ones doing you the biggest favor.

You hit the nail right on the head. Absolutely nothing wrong with people 'learning' but being proud of this and even wanting to feed it to the general public that he expects to pay money for it is an atrocity. The Nigerian film industry, Nollywood (old or new) or whatever anyone wants to call it cannot be allowed to stoop so low.
As you rightfully mentioned; it's very worrying times if sponsors are actually jumping on this.
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by jerrymania(m): 1:37am On Oct 31, 2013
i just dey laffmy as@ out. and angry i just wasted some mb watching this shitput

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AMVCA 2017 Live Updates!! / Is Pete Edochie Dead? What's Happening? / Daarsat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.