Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,910 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? (13458 Views)

Another Shoprite Coming To Nigeria. / Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / Shoprite Coming To Asaba, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
Scun: This is embarrassing! You guys should stop making Nigerians look like cave dwellers. Imagine what the South Africans will say when they see you guys jumping up and down because of a common mall.

Shoprite is not a Mall. Would you call Walmart a Mall?

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
XVIER: i doubt if you were dedicated in church when you were born any way its not to late baba.

Its an ignominy that during ur conception the requisite gene that embodied your to-be reasoning faculty absconded
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by sCun: 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
A-town:

Shoprite is not a Mall. Would you call Walmart a Mall?
Maybe it is a supermarket or a retail store, my point stands! People shouldn't be jumping up and down because of that, it is a disgrace. Wamlart also does online shopping so there is a difference
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
No no no
Not it in ilupeju.

That town planning way is my route on to ikorodu road. The only traffic I meet there is when customers are trying to get into GTbank and sometimes the airtel outlet down the road.

Most of the time that road is free. But with shoprite?? That area will grind to a halt with traffic jam.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by alotofgrace(m): 6:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
bariga markayt rocks...
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by Chartey(m): 6:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
XVIER: its a state in Kaduna. ODE
You shouldn't be rude. Not everybody stays in Lagos. Do you know all the places in Kano, Abuja, Port Harcourt, or even the Kaduna you mentioned? If you had mentioned say Ikeja, Oshodi or somewhere popular outside Lagos, it won't have warranted that question whether sarcastic or genuine.
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by comradestalk: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
Why only shopping malls.... why are they not setting up industries in Nigeria?
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by Ijebulogic(m): 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
This is good for the economy. I strongly believe that foreign investors encourage local players to raise their game to the next level, creating more jobs and increasing consumer choice.

One example is the Local "Prince Ebeano" supermarket chain popular in VGC and Lekki. Majority of shoprite faithfuls have defected to Ebeano due to its convenience, variety and customer service.
Another interesting battle is between KFC (Global) and Chicken Republic (Local). The Turf war and branding battle between the two makes me proud to be Nigerian, (Chicken Republic have transformed overnight to take KFC head on). Foreign entrants stimulate economic activity - "For every MTN, there must be a GLO".
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ijebulogic: This is good for the economy. I strongly believe that foreign investors encourage local players to raise their game to the next level, creating more jobs and increasing consumer choice.

One example is the Local "Prince Ebeano" supermarket chain popular in VGC and Lekki. Majority of shoprite faithfuls have defected to Ebeano due to its convenience, variety and customer service.
Another interesting battle is between KFC (Global) and Chicken Republic (Local). The Turf war and branding battle between the two makes me proud to be Nigerian, (Chicken Republic have transformed overnight to take KFC head on). Foreign entrants stimulate economic activity - "For every MTN, there must be a GLO".

How can you compare chicken rep to KFC? Those cr guys are real copy cats lacking originality! In terms of sales, KFC is no match to cr. cr can best be compared to tantalisers and mrbiggs or TFC.
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by eluquenson(m): 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
comradestalk: Why only shopping malls.... why are they not setting up industries in Nigeria?

That's their area of specialization. They can't venture into what won't be viable, I believe they are making a hell of profit on this shopping biz cheesy
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
Shop rite is coming to meet the Indians in their part of Lagos.... grin

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by Ijebulogic(m): 8:11pm On Oct 06, 2013
Keneking:

How can you compare chicken rep to KFC? Those cr guys are real copy cats lacking originality! In terms of sales, KFC is no match to cr. cr can best be compared to tantalisers and mrbiggs or TFC.

Haba!! - Chicken Republic is an indigenous company with over ten years of growth and expansion with outlets all over the country. They recently secured further funding from an international private equity firm who was impressed by their business strategy. Apart from the fact that they both sell Chicken, CR menu is completely different from KFC - so how is CR a copycat abeg? Besides, KFC just started in Nigeria about 18 months ago so in terms of this region they are the "new kids on the block". Also note that no other KFC in the world has the kind of Menu they have in Nigeria (rice etc)...indeed, we can debate if it is KFC that is copying CR's Menu for "Local Content".
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by Aromas: 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
XVIER: when is it coming to Maiduguri?

So with the rate of insecurity in that area, u still ve d gut to type on ur phone n comment.
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by dokunbam(m): 8:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
XVIER: when is it coming to Maiduguri?

What! did u say mad what!
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by Ewarrior: 8:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
They should come to festac, dem go sell wella
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by LEXYCOM: 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
What is shoprite....
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by calculusx(m): 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
Good Development especially to the Indian community in Ilupeju but Shoprite should be ready for strong competition in alcohol,wines and spirit as Bazar, a popular store in Ilupeju sell the cheapest wines and alcoholic drinks i have ever seen. I welcome Shoppy to Ilupeju community but we should be prepared for traffic gridlock along that axis as i'm sure the only place available for this mall is directly opposite GTB beside Hush Puppies, i may be wrong though grin
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by omogidi234(m): 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
Beaf!:
My friend told me he saw one being built in KANO too

For safety reasons, we need a vest before patronizing these places. cheesy

BTW, The 'Shoprite' on that building doesnt look real to me. Photoshop tinz.

Haba, that is the one in Alausa.
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
Scun: Maybe it is a supermarket or a retail store, my point stands! People shouldn't be jumping up and down because of that, it is a disgrace. Wamlart also does online shopping so there is a difference

The point I am trying to make is that you lose credibility when you don't have sufficient info on what you're stating. I repeat again, it is not a Mall. Please don't tell me you assumed it's a mall because of the Palms in lekki. Shoprite is a retail/grocery chain and on the contrary, people should be happy and jumping up and down because not EVERYBODY LIKES TO SHOP IN OPEN MARKETS. It is actually a good development because everything is being standardized. More stores means better accessibility for all. No more cheating me because i'm a man when it comes to buying meat, chicken etc. Prices are there for all to see. The only downside is the death of small businesses. That is what you should have capitalized on.
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
comradestalk: Why only shopping malls.... why are they not setting up industries in Nigeria?

Shoprite is not a shopping mall!!
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by chineloSA(f): 12:07am On Oct 07, 2013
Scun: Maybe it is a supermarket or a retail store, my point stands! People shouldn't be jumping up and down because of that, it is a disgrace. Wamlart also does online shopping so there is a difference

They don't loose anything by being happy for the development coming their way, I guess. So, are you trying to say they should be happy if its Walmart?? Is Walmart available. Its a step towards the right direction, am sure Shoprite will later on bring CHECKERS OR CHECKERS HYPER,which is a better/ superior version of SHOPRITE.

SO let them be happy. cheesy cheesy, we start somewhere. cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by Legit: 3:49am On Oct 07, 2013
chineloSA:

They don't loose anything by being happy for the development coming their way, I guess. So, are you trying to say they should be happy if its Walmart?? Is Walmart available. Its a step towards the right direction, am sure Shoprite will later on bring CHECKERS OR CHECKERS HYPER,which is a better/ superior version of SHOPRITE.

SO let them be happy. cheesy cheesy, we start somewhere. cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue
The other downside is all the chemical produced foods that these shops carry. We are continue to patronise these non wholesome foods with pesticde, while ignoring our fresh organic foods stuff from the local market. In USA people are paying premium price for organic food, while staying away from these package food products. I was shocked to see a long line at shoprite for loaf of bread. They are changing our taste bud, making shoping at shoprite a status symbol.
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by HOTWATER(m): 8:50am On Oct 07, 2013
Nigerians just complaining about everything including the one they caused and foreigners are busy taking advantages of the same economy we complain of.
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by angryninja: 9:09am On Oct 07, 2013
South African supermarket giant?

WHY

WHY NOT NIGERIAN
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by angryninja: 9:10am On Oct 07, 2013
You Nigerins will keep chopping garri until you learn to do things for yourselves cheesy grin
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by msogey(f): 9:17am On Oct 07, 2013
Please they should come to Ikorodu. Its so boring here. We need some form of social activity here so I can be home more often
:PPlease they should come to Ikorodu. Its so boring here. We need some form of social activity here so I can be home more often
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by idupaul: 11:39am On Oct 07, 2013
Scun: This is embarrassing! You guys should stop making Nigerians look like cave dwellers. Imagine what the South Africans will say when they see you guys jumping up and down because of a common mall.

I stand to be corrected but is there any Mall named Shoprite in Nigeria?
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by neneo(m): 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2013
calculusx: Good Development especially to the Indian community in Ilupeju but Shoprite should be ready for strong competition in alcohol,wines and spirit as Bazar, a popular store in Ilupeju sell the cheapest wines and alcoholic drinks i have ever seen. I welcome Shoppy to Ilupeju community but we should be prepared for traffic gridlock along that axis as i'm sure the only place available for this mall is directly opposite GTB beside Hush Puppies, i may be wrong though grin

Nope.... its gonna be located @ elephant house on ikorodu road... with d one hectare bare land beside it to serve as parking lot... bazar would be right behind it... and i'm so sure they'll get a ride for their money from bazar in wines and liquor as u stated....
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by carluva(m): 8:34pm On Oct 07, 2013
When re ds SHOPRITE pipu coming †̥ Port-Harcourt kwanu, I tire ooohhh, d one wey dem open 4 Lagos nefa do ni haba!!!!
We need where †̥ spend our oil money down here in PH abeg!!!
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by generalcyruss(m): 4:48am On Oct 08, 2013
We are urgently in need of 20 Tonnages trucks (Box body-Tractor) to convey our light products such as: BISCUITS-Mc-Vite, DAIPERS, KETCHUP, etcetera.

The job is a continous one as we distribute from Lagos (our Head Quarters) across Nigeria to our various warehouses (Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Benue, Kogi, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Bayelsa, Edo, Delta, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara, Anambra, Rivers, Ogun, etcetera).

Call: 0803-054-6462-Pastor Cyrus Jesunifemi (generalcyruss@yahoo.com) for details.
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by Nobody: 2:21am On Oct 11, 2013
angryninja: South African supermarket giant?

WHY

WHY NOT NIGERIAN

It's a democracy na. Why not open your own store if you really want a NIGERIAN store. Last I checked, majority of the employees are Nigerian. It's not like they import south Africans to work as their cashiers na.
Re: Shoprite Coming To Ilupeju? by Nobody: 2:21am On Oct 11, 2013
idupaul:

I stand to be corrected but is there any Mall named Shoprite in Nigeria?

This issue has already been squashed!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aquaculture, Poultry And Snailery: Which Is Most Profitable In Lagos? / Why Nigerians Haven’t Felt Impact Of Exit From Recession – NBS Boss / History Of Advertising In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.