Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,208 members, 7,849,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:52 AM

A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris (2679 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by nlMediator: 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
Gombs:

The OP didn't say the above in bold...go and read the post again...He said

"Observe that the new creation is not the redeemed; [size=16pt] he’s the fruit of Christ’s redemptive work on the Cross."
[/size]

Where did you see a second transaction in the OP? Even after you saw this?

"The word, "redeemed" is wrongly translated here (Rev 5v9) ; it’s from the Greek, ‘agorazo,’ which means to go to the market and make a purchase; to buy something as a
gift to give to someone.
[size=16pt] It’s not a buy-back, as is the case with "lutrōsis," but a fresh purchase. [/size] Christ purchased us with His blood, and gave us as gifts to God. "

I told you you just wanna argue

I do not want to argue. I Simply want to learn. What is hard for me to get is why you keep on introducing confusion to the issue. In the post, you accuse me of misstating the OP's views about the christian and redemption. I said the Op does not believe the christian is redeemed. You said Op did not say that and then quote this portion from the message: "Observe that the [b] new creation is not the redeemed . . . ." How's that different from what I said? Then you quote another portion of the message that says: "It’s not a buy-back . . . ." Do you realize that buy-back is the same as redeemed or redemption? So, if the message is saying the transaction is not a buy-back, it is exactly saying it is not redemption. Instead, it says it is a new purchase, prompting me to ask who the seller was, especially since this purchase appears to occur after redemption.

It is saddening that you've been under the pastor's teaching for some time and heard the message over and over, and yet seem unable to understand what the message is saying in the first place.
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by nlMediator: 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
Gombs:

You obviously wanna argue...if you still don't get it, ask God for the holy spirit to aid you, or you wait when we get to heaven.

Why do I have to wait till Heaven to get an answer that you and others can provide today? Perhaps, my questions are not clear, so I want to present them this way:

1. Was the christian redeemed or not?

2. If yes, from whom was he redeemed - God or satan?

3. Was the christian purchased or not?

4. If yes, from whom was he purchased - God or satan?

We already know the price (the blood of Jesus). So, some clear answers to the above would be greatly appreciated.
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Gombs(m): 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
nlMediator:

Why do I have to wait till Heaven to get an answer that you and others can provide today? Perhaps, my questions are not clear, so I want to present them this way:

1. Was the christian redeemed or not?

The Christian is NOT the reedemed, he is the fruit of Christ's redemption work. We are the fruit of the redemption work because the bible said in Eph 4v8

King James Bible
Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Jesus led captivity captive...he took all of them in chains, making a show of them, disgracing them ; which is expressive of Christ's
conquests and triumph over sin, Satan, the world,
death, and the grave; and indeed, every spiritual
enemy of His and his people, especially the devil, who
leads men captive at his will, and is therefore called
captivity, and his principalities and powers, whom
Christ has spoiled and triumphed over; the allusion is
to the public triumphs of the Romans, in which
captives were led in chains, and exposed to open view

It was after the redemption, after the whole work, that he ascended to make a place for us at God's right hand, that is what we mean by Christians are fruit of Christ redemption work
. We came due to those works

2. If yes, from whom was he redeemed - God or satan?

Like I said above, he is not the redeemed..
He was freed from the clutches of sin. From all that sin inputed in him
(He was delivered from sin’s dominion) through His (Jesus) resurrection life.

3. Was the christian purchased or not?
He was..
He was purchased...His debt to God was bought by Jesus. Jesus paid with his blood

4. If yes, from whom was he purchased - God or satan?

His debt to God was purchased by Jesus

We already know the price (the blood of Jesus). So, some clear answers to the above would be greatly appreciated.

You have them now

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by nlMediator: 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
^^

Thank you very much. Your comments are quite helpful. But they leave some questions unanswered or raise new ones. For instance, you describe the battle described in Colossians and Ephesians as redemption. For there to be redemption, somebody or something has to be redeemed. So, who was redeemed in this battle of redemption, since you state it was not the christian that was [the] redeemed?

Also, you note that Jesus purchased us from God and gave us back to God. Is that a correct understanding of your view?

Taking aside the circuitous nature of this transaction, do you realize that if we're indebted to God and Jesus purchased us from God, that is redemption, a buy-back? Which contradicts the idea of a new purchase. Something is still not adding up.

1 Like

Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Gombs(m): 9:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
nlMediator: ^^

Thank you very much. Your comments are quite helpful. But they leave some questions unanswered or raise new ones. For instance, you describe the battle described in Colossians and Ephesians as redemption. For there to be redemption, somebody or something has to be redeemed. So, who was redeemed in this battle of redemption, since you state it was not the christian that was [the] redeemed?

Matthew 27:52-53
"and the graves were opened; and many bodies of
the saints which slept arose, and came out of the
graves after his resurrection, and went into the
holy city, and appeared unto many."

Those righteous folks of old held by the devil...those in Abraham's Bosom ("Bosom of Abraham" refers to the place of comfort in sheol (Greek: hades) where the Jews said the righteous dead awaited Judgment Day)....
My Jesus freed them all, he REDEEMED them during/after the battle in Hell. They are the redeemed!

Also, you note that Jesus purchased us from God and gave us back to God. Is that a correct understanding of your view?

He purchased the debt we owe God, then we became his...now that we are His, He can do whatever He pleases to do with us...He then chose to reconciled us to God. Hallelujah!

" God was in Christ,reconciling the world unto Himself, NOT IMPUTING THEIR TREASPASSES UNTO THEM,and hath committed to us the word of reconciliation"( 2Cor.5:19).

Taking aside the circuitous nature of this transaction, do you realize that if we're indebted to God and Jesus purchased us from God, that is redemption, a buy-back? Which contradicts the idea of a new purchase. Something is still not adding up.

Jesus purchased the debt! God wasn't selling us na! Buying up a debt is different from buying the debtor.

I hope you get it now...pls do

1 Like

Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Ubenedictus(m): 9:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
shdemidemi: Thanks candour for the clarification..I agree we have been bought with a price and I also believe there are two slave masters namely "sin" or rather the very 'root of sin' (the devil) and righteousness (Christ)'.

Romans 6
But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

From my understanding, I believe the price was paid to our old master (devil) so he can't lay a claim on us forever for we are now under a new master.
this is the problem with explaining redemption in contractal legal terms.

How can God pay the devil by giving him the blood of his son? It doesn't make sense.

2 Likes

Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ubenedictus: this is the problem with explaining redemption in contractal legal terms.

How can God pay the devil by giving him the blood of his son? It doesn't make sense.
These peeps are just saying what Paul never said in the first place.The danger of surface scripture reading is this undecided
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Ubenedictus(m): 10:08pm On Oct 07, 2013
Gombs:

The OP didn't say the above in bold...go and read the post again...He said

"Observe that the new creation is not the redeemed; [size=16pt] he’s the fruit of Christ’s redemptive work on the Cross."
[/size]

Where did you see a second transaction in the OP? Even after you saw this?

"The word, "redeemed" is wrongly translated here (Rev 5v9) ; it’s from the Greek, ‘agorazo,’ which means to go to the market and make a purchase; to buy something as a
gift to give to someone.
[size=16pt] It’s not a buy-back, as is the case with "lutrōsis," but a fresh purchase. [/size] Christ purchased us with His blood, and gave us as gifts to God. "

I told you you just wanna argue
if jesus bought us so he can give us to his father, who sold us to Jesus? Who did Jesus purchase us from? Who did he pay the price to in the ''marketplace''?
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Gombs(m): 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ubenedictus: if jesus bought us so he can give us to his father, who sold us to Jesus? Who did Jesus purchase us from? Who did he pay the price to in the ''marketplace''?

Scroll up! I've answered this up thr
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ubenedictus: if jesus bought us so he can give us to his father, who sold us to Jesus? Who did Jesus purchase us from? Who did he pay the price to in the ''marketplace''?

A1. Redeem, Redemption [Verb] exagorazo a strengthened form of agorazo, "to buy" (see agorazo under BUY), denotes "to buy out" (ex for ek), especially of purchasing a slave with a view to his freedom. It is used metaphorically
(a) in Gal 3:13; Gal 4:5, of the deliverance by Christ of Christian Jews from the Law and its curse; what is said of lutron lutron under RANSOM) is true of this verb and of agorazo, as to the Death of Christ, that Scripture does not say to whom the price was paid; the various suggestions made are purely speculative;
(b) in the Middle Voice, "to buy up for oneself," Eph 5:16; and Col 4:5, of "buying up the opportunity" (RV marg.; text, "redeeming the time," where "time" is kairos, "a season," a time in which something is seasonable), i.e., making the most of every opportunity, turning each to the best advantage since none can be recalled if missed.

http://gospelhall.org/bible/bible.php?search=agorazo&dict=vine&lang=greek
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by okeyxyz(m): 10:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
Hmm, it seems God and devil are using us to play football. Two to beat one... grin grin grin
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Ubenedictus(m): 11:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
in economic terms you had to pay to the owner of the slave to buy him, naturally Jesus is suppose to pay the devil so as to purchase man. tHAT IS TOTAL RuBBISH, Jesus didn't exacly purchase man from the devil, no he didn't, he only purchased man for God. The explanation is a bit long so take a little rest, i won't directly be quoting scrippture becos i need to sleep, nevertheless i'm ready to support every sentence scripturally should it be neccesary.

Man became slave to sin and satan by one man i.e adam, he alone actually sined but we all sined in him, that order was reversed in Jesus who did not contact original sin, he lived in complete obedience to his father and thus reversed the disobedience of adam.

Now please note that man became a slave of satan only becos God in accordance with his nature cannot associate with sin, God only left man to his own device becos he couldn't be associated with sin, sin was against the nature of God.

Now down to business, God could accept man again if man was totally sinless.

Jesus while physically bleeding at calvary was spiritually before the throne of God, he entered into that heavenly tabernacle carrying his own blood, he became both priest and victim and offered himself, his own blood to his father,thus fufilling the demands of justice. In Jesus we have a sacrifice that frees us of sin totally so that with Jesus we now have direct access to the father and since the impediment of sin has been done away with and we are now parts of christ, we are now free from the slavery of the devil and slavery to sin.

For all therefore in christ by faith thru baptism, with christ they have been accepted as sons.

I'm sure this has become long and boring, i'm a bit sleepy so let me conclude. To redeem us Jesus broke the laws of economics, he didn't purchase us by paying to the devil instead he went back to the original law. Man is a slave to what he chooses either to sin or to righteousness, by nature in adam we are slaves of sin by grace in christ we are slaves to righteousness. If man became slaves to satan by sin (a delibrate offence against God) then we can come sons by faith in christ Jesus. Christ purchase us for God with his blood becos his blood cleared the impediment against us. By offering blood to the father he cleared in record of sin against and open sonship for us.
The price by which we are made sons is the blood of Christ but that blood wasn't paid to satan it was offered to God to clear the impediment of sin against us so that we can become sons with, in, and through christ.
It seems i'm repeating myself, i'll let the holyspirit do his work.
I do not claim that the above is what pastor chris meant, instead i only presented what i have learnt in God's word. angry
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Ubenedictus(m): 11:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
Bidam:

A1. Redeem, Redemption [Verb] exagorazo a strengthened form of agorazo, "to buy" (see agorazo under BUY), denotes "to buy out" (ex for ek), especially of purchasing a slave with a view to his freedom. It is used metaphorically
(a) in Gal 3:13; Gal 4:5, of the deliverance by Christ of Christian Jews from the Law and its curse; what is said of lutron lutron under RANSOM) is true of this verb and of agorazo, as to the Death of Christ, that Scripture does not say to whom the price was paid; the various suggestions made are purely speculative;
(b) in the Middle Voice, "to buy up for oneself," Eph 5:16; and Col 4:5, of "buying up the opportunity" (RV marg.; text, "redeeming the time," where "time" is kairos, "a season," a time in which something is seasonable), i.e., making the most of every opportunity, turning each to the best advantage since none can be recalled if missed.

you are not appreciating the topic, if you don't know who recieve the price that redeemed you then how do you prove you've actually been purchaced.

Anyway i'll leave it at that
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by okeyxyz(m): 11:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
But on a serious note, you guys have been analyzing this in a rather shallow manner, drawing exact matches to literal/legal/secular transactions, thus you lose the spiritual operations therein. So I break it down here;

Looking at a transaction spiritually and faithfully now, what actually happens? It means you give up one object of value; eg: money(In this case: the blood/life) for another object of more useful/needed/greater value(in this case: a new life in christ). The other party with whom you make this exchange/transaction is not an external party(this is why it is spiritual), It is your conscience, the perfect judge who measures your sincerity and faith.
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Ubenedictus(m): 11:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
Gombs:

Scroll up! I've answered this up thr
no! You didn't, you were asked about a purchase and you were talking about debt, you were asked to discuss salvation in economic terms (as a purchase) and you were discussing it in legal terms.
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Ubenedictus(m): 11:51pm On Oct 07, 2013
okeyxyz: But on a serious note, you guys have been analyzing this in a rather shallow manner, drawing exact matches to literal/legal/secular transactions, thus you lose the spiritual operations therein. So I break it down here;

Looking at a transaction spiritually and faithfully now, what actually happens? It means you give up one object of value; eg: money(In this case: the blood/life) for another object of more useful/needed/greater value(in this case: a new life in christ). The other party with whom you make this exchange/transaction is not an external party(this is why it is spiritual), It is your conscience, the perfect judge who measures your sincerity and faith.
what exactly are you saying? That we were redeemed when christ purchased us from our conscience with his blood?
Pls explain.
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by nlMediator: 2:04am On Oct 08, 2013
Gombs:

Matthew 27:52-53
"and the graves were opened; and many bodies of
the saints which slept arose, and came out of the
graves after his resurrection, and went into the
holy city, and appeared unto many."

Those righteous folks of old held by the devil...those in Abraham's Bosom ("Bosom of Abraham" refers to the place of comfort in sheol (Greek: hades) where the Jews said the righteous dead awaited Judgment Day)....
My Jesus freed them all, he REDEEMED them during/after the battle in Hell. They are the redeemed!

He purchased the debt we owe God, then we became his...now that we are His, He can do whatever He pleases to do with us...He then chose to reconciled us to God. Hallelujah!

" God was in Christ,reconciling the world unto Himself, NOT IMPUTING THEIR TREASPASSES UNTO THEM,and hath committed to us the word of reconciliation"( 2Cor.5:19).

Jesus purchased the debt! God wasn't selling us na! Buying up a debt is different from buying the debtor.

I hope you get it now...pls do

OK, so only the old saints are the redeemed, not us? How do you reconcile that with what you wrote yesterday in post # 10 or so: "by his blood he paid the price of redemption of man after man fell to Satan through adaam". Was it only the old saints that fell to satan through Adam?

And how do you reconcile that quote with your statement now that what Jesus purchased was our debt, not us?

Even more, you contradict the original message here which clearly says in quoting Revelations that christians are what was purchased, not debt.

Finally, whether it is debt or the debtor that was purchased, how do you describe that as a new or fresh purchase, as opposed to old-fashioned redemption or buy-back? If I pay a debt you're owing to GTB, can I describe it as a new purchase? Why can't I say I redeemed your debt?

1 Like

Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by nlMediator: 2:08am On Oct 08, 2013

Those are simple questions and all of us should be interested in clear answers. It could be that the Op is 100% right. But it has to be explained to us in a way we can understand. So far, that has not been done. In fairness to our brother here, I think he said Jesus bought us from the Father and presented us back to the Father. And then he thinks that's a fresh purchase.

1 Like

Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by nlMediator: 2:11am On Oct 08, 2013
Ubenedictus: in economic terms you had to pay to the owner of the slave to buy him, naturally Jesus is suppose to pay the devil so as to purchase man. tHAT IS TOTAL RuBBISH, Jesus didn't exacly purchase man from the devil, no he didn't, he only purchased man for God. The explanation is a bit long so take a little rest, i won't directly be quoting scrippture becos i need to sleep, nevertheless i'm ready to support every sentence scripturally should it be neccesary.

Man became slave to sin and satan by one man i.e adam, he alone actually sined but we all sined in him, that order was reversed in Jesus who did not contact original sin, he lived in complete obedience to his father and thus reversed the disobedience of adam.

Now please note that man became a slave of satan only becos God in accordance with his nature cannot associate with sin, God only left man to his own device becos he couldn't be associated with sin, sin was against the nature of God.

Now down to business, God could accept man again if man was totally sinless.

Jesus while physically bleeding at calvary was spiritually before the throne of God, he entered into that heavenly tabernacle carrying his own blood, he became both priest and victim and offered himself, his own blood to his father,thus fufilling the demands of justice. In Jesus we have a sacrifice that frees us of sin totally so that with Jesus we now have direct access to the father and since the impediment of sin has been done away with and we are now parts of christ, we are now free from the slavery of the devil and slavery to sin.

For all therefore in christ by faith thru baptism, with christ they have been accepted as sons.

I'm sure this has become long and boring, i'm a bit sleepy so let me conclude. To redeem us Jesus broke the laws of economics, he didn't purchase us by paying to the devil instead he went back to the original law. Man is a slave to what he chooses either to sin or to righteousness, by nature in adam we are slaves of sin by grace in christ we are slaves to righteousness. If man became slaves to satan by sin (a delibrate offence against God) then we can come sons by faith in christ Jesus. Christ purchase us for God with his blood becos his blood cleared the impediment against us. By offering blood to the father he cleared in record of sin against and open sonship for us.
The price by which we are made sons is the blood of Christ but that blood wasn't paid to satan it was offered to God to clear the impediment of sin against us so that we can become sons with, in, and through christ.
It seems i'm repeating myself, i'll let the holyspirit do his work.
I do not claim that the above is what pastor chris meant, instead i only presented what i have learnt in God's word. angry

Even if everything you said above is right, you'd still be describing redemption. Only difference is that many christians believe that Jesus redeemed us from satan while you believe He redeemed us from God. But that's different from the Op who says we were not redeemed. Never knew the subject of redemption can be this complicated. I plan to re-study it based on this encounter.

1 Like

Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by nlMediator: 2:16am On Oct 08, 2013
Bidam:

Oh this is a new one. So, we don't even know who the price was paid to? Yesterday, you said Adam sold himself to sin. Wouldn't sin [satan] be the master from whom redemption would be obtained? Can you free a slave legally without transacting with the master or abolishing the law that governs the slavery? In any case, can you see now that you and the Op are poles apart? Op says there is no redemption of the christian, you say there is. Op says there was a fresh purchase. You don't seem to say so - you only seem to believe in one purchase, which is the same as redemption. If I have not stated your position correctly, please advise.

1 Like

Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Gombs(m): 6:29am On Oct 08, 2013
nlMediator:

OK, so only the old saints are the redeemed, not us? How do you reconcile that with what you wrote yesterday in post # 10 or so: "by his blood he paid the price of redemption of man after man fell to Satan through adaam". Was it only the old saints that fell to satan through Adam?

And how do you reconcile that quote with your statement now that what Jesus purchased was our debt, not us?

Even more, you contradict the original message here which clearly says in quoting Revelations that christians are what was purchased, not debt.

Finally, whether it is debt or the debtor that was purchased, how do you describe that as a new or fresh purchase, as opposed to old-fashioned redemption or buy-back? If I pay a debt you're owing to GTB, can I describe it as a new purchase? Why can't I say I redeemed your debt?

SMH
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Joagbaje(m): 7:44am On Oct 08, 2013
man was redeemed. A christian is not redeemed. He is a new creature ,created anew. He doesn't have a past. He is the fruit of redemption

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5k7WJQFxik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcMSjpR5K0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ag6kNwBDJQ

3 Likes

Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by okeyxyz(m): 7:46am On Oct 08, 2013
Ubenedictus: what exactly are you saying? That we were redeemed when christ purchased us from our conscience with his blood?
Pls explain.

Sorry for introducing the conscience part there, as I now see it is confusing/digressing. I did not intend to portray the conscience as the party from whom a purchase was made but rather as the witness(trusted instrument/tool) to the transaction.

Like I said before, this purchase is not about trade between two parties, that is a rather too literal interpretation. Spirituality and faithfulness cannot be validated by an external party(which was why I introduced the conscience, but disregard now..). The bottom line is that an object of value is given up in exchange for another object of (greater) value. It is not important to me who picks up the object that is given up(it is not in the spiritual equation) because it is garbage to me now, just like the Law of Moses is garbage to me now, I have simply dumped it, it is waste, even if some other fellow might find value in it. So in a literal transaction, you give up money to acquire a useful merchandise. If we want to introduce a supplier for this merchandise(salvation), then it is God himself, but God has no use for the Law of Moses that is given up for Grace.

The person who is saved is Jesus Christ(in our place), he has effectively demonstrated salvation to us and expects us(the believers) to follow the path of this salvation he achieved. Jesus is the one who was bought/ransomed (in our place). In a literal ransom, you expect an external party to come save/buy you, but in a spiritual ransom, you are the one expected to save yourself by trading one master for another, just like jesus did when he traded the Law of Moses for the Law of Grace (in our place).
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by nlMediator: 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
Joagbaje:
man was redeemed. A christian is not redeemed. He is a new creature ,created anew. He doesn't have a past. He is the fruit of redemption

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5k7WJQFxik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcMSjpR5K0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ag6kNwBDJQ

Thank you for posting the videos. I watched all three. They shed some light, but I'm not sure they answer the questions raised. I'll continue to work on the topic to gain a fuller understanding.

1 Like

Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by nlMediator: 6:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
Gombs:

SMH

You need not shake your head, my brother. There seems to be a lot taught in your church that you do not understand even when you think you do. The videos contradict you clearly. E.g., you said the redeemed was the people that were dead that Jesus rescued and they appeared to people. Pastor Chris said the redeemed are the Jews who were under the curse of the law, i.e. ALL Jews including those alive then and now. Even though he said nothing in the videos about purchase, he said the chrisitan is a new creation, which would contradict your claims that the christian was a debtor whose debt was purchased. Since the pastor believes the christian never existed, he could not have any debt that would have been purchased. You need some humility and learn to pay more attention when the message is going on in church. It's not enough to grab the headlines and go there screaming some slogans from your church when you do not even grasp the substance of the message.

1 Like

Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Ubenedictus(m): 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
nlMediator:

Even if everything you said above is right, you'd still be describing redemption. Only difference is that many christians believe that Jesus redeemed us from satan while you believe He redeemed us from God. But that's different from the Op who says we were not redeemed. Never knew the subject of redemption can be this complicated. I plan to re-study it based on this encounter.
ofcuz i'm describind redeemption, to redeem is to purchase. I NEVER SAID Jesus redeemed us from God, i said he redeemed us FOR God. He didn't pay a price to satan instead he cancelled our impediment before God i.e sin. And i never said i was supporting the op
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Joagbaje(m): 2:03am On Dec 02, 2015
nlMediator:

Thank you for posting the videos. I watched all three. They shed some light, but I'm not sure they answer the questions raised. I'll continue to work on the topic to gain a fuller understanding.

Jesus paid the price ,not to God or the devil but to justice .

1 Like

Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by vooks: 3:48am On Dec 02, 2015
Joagbaje:

Jesus paid the price ,not to God or the devil but to justice .
This is not making sense. What is Justice? Is it not an attribute of God? If Jesus pays Justice He is paying God unless you convince us that Justice exists INDRPENDENT of God
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by vooks: 3:58am On Dec 02, 2015
It is perfect to clear 'misconceptions' but you should ONLY attempt this with a solid scriptural basis. On this one, Oyakhilome has none and he grossly contradicts himself and ends up saying the very thing he seeks to correct;

Observe that the new creation is not the redeemed; he’s the fruit of Christ’s redemptive work on the Cross.

A believer is not REDEEMED but is a fruit/product of REDEMTPIVE work?
1. Does the 'redemptive work' involve redemption?
2. What is this 'redemptive work'?
3. Who/what are the subjects of this work?
4. Why shouldn't you describe the subjects of this 'redemptive work' as redeemed?

Joagbaje,Gombs,Shdemidemi,Nobody,nlMediator,Candour
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Gombs(m): 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
why summon me?
Re: A Fresh Purschase -pastor chris by Joagbaje(m): 6:56am On Apr 24, 2016
vooks:

This is not making sense. What is Justice? Is it not an attribute of God? If Jesus pays Justice He is paying God unless you convince us that Justice exists INDRPENDENT of God

The more reason . It will be unjust for God to restor man to dominion and authority which man voluntarily lost to the devil. It will be cheating and unfairness . It is man who will defeat Satan . And since no man was qualified to win . Jesus came as man's representative firstly to fulfilled the demand of the mind of justice. And be punished for man's offense .

(1) (2) (Reply)

2nd Wife, 3rd Wife Etc Are Prostitute And Their Children Are Under Curses / Who Is A Perfect Man? / Is It Normal Today To Let Women Dress Like That In Church? (jezabel Inspiration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.