Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,824 members, 7,956,115 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:58 AM

How To Start A Programming Career - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Start A Programming Career (980 Views)

Is It Too Late To Start My Programming Career? / Programming Career In Either JAVA Or .NET / Computer Science Degree Recommended For Programming Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Programming Career by Nastydroid(m): 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
hello guys I just finished from secondary school and I am think of studying computer science,and now that I am yet to gain admission I am thinking I should go for an IT training to have an idea before I enter school.is this a right choice?.Also I need someone to tell me how to get a Linux and github account I want to take a risk trying to build a custom rom for my android phone I have been following the guides on xda site.I also need a programming practical that won't need the use of PC (I Av PC) I saw that on a thread but I can't remember. waiting for you guys comments.
Re: How To Start A Programming Career by CODEEATER(m): 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
Nastydroid: hello guys I just finished from secondary school and I am think of studying computer science,and now that I am yet to gain admission I am thinking I should go for an IT training to have an idea before I enter school.is this a right choice?.Also I need someone to tell me how to get a Linux and github account I want to take a risk trying to build a custom rom for my android phone I have been following the guides on xda site.I also need a programming practical that won't need the use of PC (I Av PC) I saw that on a thread but I can't remember. waiting for you guys comments.
1. going for an i.t course to keep u busy is a gud idea,but i FEEL u can learn some stuff without it...

2. forget those custom rom tuts,they are for PORTING a rom,not building,building a rom takes years of mastery of the linux system and kernel upon which Android OS is built,u'l need more than what ever you may think youhave learned to build an android rom,porting or as i like to call it MODING a rom is abit more simpler for a noob(AM NT A PRO MYSELF)...

3. as for the programming practical,wat exactly do u mean?...programming without a PC? if thats it,then i might be able to help cuz thats wat i do...i have two droids,one for d usual stuff:gaming,chating and reading...d oda for programming only tnks to some really cool apps
Re: How To Start A Programming Career by GideonG(m): 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
Don't go to any computer institute, learn on your own at home.
I can't imagine programming without a pc
Re: How To Start A Programming Career by Nastydroid(m): 11:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
don't get me wrong I have a pc, how do you expect me to learn on my own? maybe you can give me some helpful tips to help me start on my own and why did you suggest that I should learn on my own at home
Re: How To Start A Programming Career by Nastydroid(m): 11:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
CODE-EATER:

1. going for an i.t course to keep u busy is a gud idea,but i FEEL u can learn some stuff without it...

2. forget those custom rom tuts,they are for PORTING a rom,not building,building a rom takes years of mastery of the linux system and kernel upon which Android OS is built,u'l need more than what ever you may think youhave learned to build an android rom,porting or as i like to call it MODING a rom is abit more simpler for a noob(AM NT A PRO MYSELF)...

3. as for the programming practical,wat exactly do u mean?...programming without a PC? if thats it,then i might be able to help cuz thats wat i do...i have two droids,one for d usual stuff:gaming,chating and reading...d oda for programming only tnks to some really cool apps

thanks bro, you and Gideon pointed out the same thing,I just pm you I would like to get ur whatsapp contact
Re: How To Start A Programming Career by doft(m): 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2013
one important reason I would suggest learning at home is 'cause its free and you don't have to worry about going late to class or whatever cool.....you can start here www.w3schools.com or www.tutorialspoint.com
I just started learning myself and I have to admit its been worthwhile. Slainte!! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Programming Career by talk2hb1(m): 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2013
doft: one important reason I would suggest learning at home is 'cause its free and you don't have to worry about going late to class or whatever cool.....you can start here www.w3schools.com or www.tutorialspoint.com
I just started learning myself and I have to admit its been worthwhile. Slainte!! grin grin grin grin
Not everyone have the ability to learn on their own, though not expensive but requires a lot of work on his part.
Re: How To Start A Programming Career by Nastydroid(m): 8:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
doft: one important reason I would suggest learning at home is 'cause its free and you don't have to worry about going late to class or whatever cool.....you can start here www.w3schools.com or www.tutorialspoint.com
thanks i think that is what i am going to do moreover i have the ability to learn things on my own by just reading instructions been giving to me wink

(1) (Reply)

Best Website Developers India / Free Adverts To Your Blog / Interesting Blog Design For Best Global Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.