Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine (15533 Views)

Meet The Man Who First Invent The " EXAMS" (pix) / Jamb 2012 Registration/form And Genuine/recommended Biometric Scanner Is Out / Biometric Finger Print For Scanner For Jamb{utme}2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by chessguru1(m): 7:09pm On Oct 07, 2013
adenitemi:

You explained it just as it is. Because engineers worldwide go on churning out new technologies, our social sciences and arts peeps don't know the ingenuity that go into those designs. That was an invention, in all sense of the word....
I J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ tire o. Some peeps think that an invention must be something that shakes the planet earth like the wright brothers or Einstein....we invent every single day

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 07, 2013
obayaya: wetin sef? na only unilorin dey this country sef? Haba!!! make other schools appear for news na

and again, where's the pix of the machine?
Ehhe , Na so oooo..... Unilorin never cease to be on News Headline ahahaha .... E no easy to be a Great Academic Institution oooo ...... Oho oo
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by chessguru1(m): 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
kokosheen:

The 14 Billion people part gave them away! Rubbish research - This prof. should be washing plates if he doesn't know the population of the world.

Buncha scammers angry
Is that your problem cheesy 14 billion?
Common man. So they got the estimate of the total number of people in the world wrong...and so what. Their estimation has nothing to do with the work they where doing.
Even if there 20 billion or 5 billion, it has no logical relevance to the validity or lack thereof of their claim smiley

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
rapsodeep:
guy. Wich dept u dey? Tanke sir
Accounting oooo ...... The Best of the best @ Block 11

Keke Unilorin, Abeg BSS dey smiley ....
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by bigtt76(f): 7:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
No Sir! UNILORIN did not 'Invent' Biometric Machine but rather developed a Nigerian version ...obviously from foreign raw materials. Please lets desist from misinterpreting all these things. Are you trying to say that there exist no biometric machines before? Your laptop with finger print swipe entry ...what is it called?

All those finger printing machines installed on door posts ...what are they called? What did INEC use during the last registration process? Or better still FRSC National Drivers licence or Nigerian ePassport are all captured using biometric devices. grin
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by nijanigga: 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
silent don: Now, this is laudable and such machines will be very useful for elections, security, census and other things requiring identification of individuals.
Nigeria can still be great If there's an equally enabling environment for all, corruption is suppressed and the populace motivated.
Laudable ? so you think, but in Nigeria reverse is the case, their efforts will be thwarted, mark my words, this innovation will not see the light of the day. Nigeria has crude oil, but we're still importing petrol, that's not a normal country, where innovation is encouraged, Nigeria is good at innovating corruption and baby factories.
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
chess guru:
Hmmm what about this one
An invention is a unique or novel device,
method, composition or process. It may be an
improvement upon a machine or product
, or a
new process for creating an object or a result.
ww.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invention

Well while I maybe speaking as an engineer, most peeps crying up and down about using the word "invent" are doing so solely from a lame man or purely scientific perspective.
The bone of contention behind the use of the word "invention" revolves around the word "originality".
Has a biometric machine EXACTLY like what was produced been produced before?
Can this innovation or invention be given a patent?
If your answers are NO and yes respectively to both questions, then kick back relax and swallow a big as*s chill pill cos those men have invented a new type of biometric machine.
Its like me inventing a new process of liquefying natural gas.
Did I discover liquefaction of natural gas? Hell NO.
That doesn't stop my new discovery/invention from being "patent-able" signifying its originality.
#rest my case
smiley wow, bravo and this is a product of Better By Far teaching boring ASUU students the denotative and complex contextual usage of INVENT ...... Ahaha

Keep Teaching them bro !!!
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
kokosheen:

The 14 Billion people part gave them away! Rubbish research - This prof. should be washing plates if he doesn't know the population of the world.

Buncha scammers angry
Sharrap there Flatheaded !!!

The newspaper must have misquoted our Erudite Better By Far Professor !!!
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by chessguru1(m): 7:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
bigtt76: No Sir! UNILORIN did not 'Invent' Biometric Machine but rather developed a Nigerian version ...obviously from foreign raw materials. Please lets desist from misinterpreting all these things. Are you trying to say that there exist no biometric machines before? Your laptop with finger print swipe entry ...what is it called?

All those finger printing machines installed on door posts ...what are they called? What did INEC use during the last registration process? Or better still FRSC National Drivers licence or Nigerian ePassport are all captured using biometric devices. grin
At thsi juction, it has become very clear that the word invention holds different meaning to we engineers as opposed to ....the rest of you guys.
Having said that, in a certain NL character's voice
WE GIVE UP!!! grin
*reminds me of when faculty of science use to beef engineering students back in school, we J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ see things diferently* grin

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 07, 2013
adenitemi:

You explained it just as it is. Because engineers worldwide go on churning out new technologies, our social sciences and arts peeps don't know the ingenuity that go into those designs. That was an invention, in all sense of the word....
Don't mind some misguided social Scientists on this thread most of them are affected by ASUU strike, Eiyah !!!
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by mikewoques: 7:37pm On Oct 07, 2013
I Love Electrical and Electronics.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by Joe5(m): 7:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
obayaya: wetin sef? na only unilorin dey this country sef? Haba!!! make other schools appear for news na

Seems you have been wide asleep.. There are schools that don't appeared online to make noise about themselves, the only time you hear about them is when they make a scientific and technological breakthrough.................talk about UNN .
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by Urine: 7:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
chess guru:
Hmmm what about this one
An invention is a unique or novel device,
method, composition or process. It may be an
improvement upon a machine or product
, or a
new process for creating an object or a result.
ww.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invention

Well while I maybe speaking as an engineer, most peeps crying up and down about using the word "invent" are doing so solely from a lame man or purely scientific perspective.
The bone of contention behind the use of the word "invention" revolves around the word "originality".
Has a biometric machine EXACTLY like what was produced been produced before?
Can this innovation or invention be given a patent?
If your answers are NO and yes respectively to both questions, then kick back relax and swallow a big as*s chill pill cos those men have invented a new type of biometric machine.
Its like me inventing a new process of liquefying natural gas.
Did I discover liquefaction of natural gas? Hell NO.
That doesn't stop my new discovery/invention from being "patent-able" signifying its originality.
#rest my case

In academic circles, it is 'sinful' to back up your argument with Wikipedia.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by herbdull(m): 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
kokosheen:

Buncha scammers angry

sorry is your case... WORLD BANK STEP B project a scam. #ASUUSTRIKE don wreck your life.
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2013
bigtt76: No Sir! UNILORIN did not 'Invent' Biometric Machine but rather developed a Nigerian version ...obviously from foreign raw materials. Please lets desist from misinterpreting all these things. Are you trying to say that there exist no biometric machines before? Your laptop with finger print swipe entry ...what is it called?

Give kudos to this GroundBreaking Achievement in one of the foremost academic Institution in Nigeria ....

Ur school develop spoon ?
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by kevoh(m): 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
Invent ?Capital No! I think the word we are searching for is REVERSE ENGINEER.

All the same kudos to the engineers, they still tried nevertheless.
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
nijanigga:
Laudable ? so you think, but in Nigeria reverse is the case, their efforts will be thwarted, mark my words, this innovation will not see the light of the day. Nigeria has crude oil, but we're still importing petrol, that's not a normal country, where innovation is encouraged, Nigeria is good at innovating corruption and baby factories.
If INEC fails to use the machine, other sectors including Private organisations shall make use of it .....

PDP kwa,who beg 'em to use it !!
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by obayaya(m): 7:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
donroxy: Ehhe , Na so oooo..... Unilorin never cease to be on News Headline ahahaha .... E no easy to be a Great Academic Institution oooo ...... Oho oo

I heard the school is almost an Islamic school with lil or no social life
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by obayaya(m): 7:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
Joe.:

Seems you have been wide asleep.. There are schools that don't appeared online to make noise about themselves, the only time you hear about them is when they make a scientific and technological breakthrough.................talk about UNN .

bros no vex.. but I think the lion is still Sleeping.. it has refused to wake
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by hamedade2000(m): 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
Trendy247: IN DEVELOPED COUNTRIES IT IS PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS DAT INVENT SUCH THINGS AND THEY WON'T BOAST ABT IT, WHY CAN'T WE BOAST OF INVENTING SOMETHING BETTER. nO WONDER WE ARE CLASSIFIED AS UNDER-DEVELOPED COUNTRY.
Bad Belle! Wld luv to c a link of such discovery by a primary skul pupil in ur so called developed countries!
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2013
obayaya:

I heard the school is almost an Islamic school with lil or no social life
U heard Falsehood, take a little journey to Unilorin, I'm telling U would wished U chosed the school ...... U may even wish to pick Next Year Jamb form and choose Unilorin .........

What is Social Life ? Are u talking about being Social with my books or partying/clubbing and other Razzmatazz, nah,nah, U do the second Option @ your own risk of facing Tanke in the longrun (if u know what such means) !!!

Social Life has limit in Unilorin ..... Unilorin is an Academic Institution not a clubbing-hub like some ASSU schools !!!
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by dgysoft(m): 8:07pm On Oct 07, 2013

they are still designing the picture.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by lertee(f): 8:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
Trendy247: IN DEVELOPED COUNTRIES IT IS PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS DAT INVENT SUCH THINGS AND THEY WON'T BOAST ABT IT, WHY CAN'T WE BOAST OF INVENTING SOMETHING BETTER. nO WONDER WE ARE CLASSIFIED AS UNDER-DEVELOPED COUNTRY.
Shhhaaaaarrrrraaaapppp there.
What can you make?

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by greenstonecomp: 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
Unilorin, I'm proud of you. I'm a product of that great faculty ( of Engrg and Tech). Kudos to my oga, Prof Ibiyemi

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by Trendy247: 8:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
I wILL SAY DIS OVER AND OVER AGAIN. If e dey pain u, go chop bee homie (rappin in iceprince voice)
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by uceee(m): 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2013
Who told you that rubbish? What have you invented?
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by TayoT: 8:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
nijanigga:

I know these Profs. One I can shake my head and say he is capable of doing something like this. The other Prof is a mathematician that only knows mathematical theorems.
I can bet this project is only on paper. Stolen ideas.
Why is Dr Shola not on this team? Too arrogant I guess.

Prof should please provide pictures and demo to prove their concept. Or is that not why you did not give some of us first class and 2-1?
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by TayoT: 8:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
Biometrics that recognizes tribal marks? Shame on you Prof. Thought you were better than this. If you really understand the concept of Biometrics, you will not come out here and fool people that are not IT inclined that one software recognizes tribal marks and biometrics that recognizes black people is different from that which will recognize the whites. Laugh my ass off.
Unilorin is my school and I'm still loving it after five 8 years but do not embarrass us.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by femooshad(m): 8:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
wait o ... pls America is a country with almost 40% blacks .. so you tell me thier elections are flawed ?? just curious o ...
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by omajali2003(m): 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
very childish and unpatitotic remark. If that is the case why have they not done something similar to the one he described. It is people like you that will go for any thing foreign. That is the real underdevelopment - 'mental underdevelopment'
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
Biafra invented biometric machine in 1970. Unilorin still has a long way to go.
Re: UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine by alcuin(m): 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2013
femooshad: wait o ... pls America is a country with almost 40% blacks .. so you tell me thier elections are flawed ?? just curious o ...
Good question.... The idea of it being an invention is controversial. Now, come to think of it, the only part of it taunted as "unique" is the fact that it recognizes "black" features.
As the quote above, who can we say of black peoples in other climes already using biometric machines of some sort? Are those flawed?
The fact that machines exist which capture biometric data of "blacks" totally floored this piece as an invention or even an innovation.
I give them credit, for they did "something"...INVENTION? NO. INNOVATION? HIGHLY PROBABLE.

Thanks....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities / Redeemer's University Holds 13th Matriculation Ceremony (photos) / Ezekiel Odeyemi Appointed Redeemer’s University New Pro-Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.