Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,545 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Newest Trick - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Newest Trick (405 Views)

World's Newest Saint Emerges: Mother Theresa To Become Saint In September! / Did Jesus Really Walk On Water ? What Kinda Magic Trick Is That Sef ? / Derren Brown Exposes Leg Lengthening Trick Played By Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Newest Trick by howutoday: 11:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
GOSPEL MERCHANDISE- newest trick!

Recently, a cousin of mine, a believer in Christ, has been very critical of some celebrated Christian preachers he tags 'motivational speakers', who preach lies or half truth. And he has evidences, either by what they say, or write in their books. Though I was reluctant to accept his criticism at first, this however has awakened my consciousness to watch for only the truth to take, and not submissively receive just any word because he/she is a celebrated preacher.

Of late, some truth have struck me. This is generally about the downplay, less and less use of the Holy Bible in the Christian church. I am particular about preachers who now use a book they have written to preach sermons instead of the hallowed God-inspired Holy Bible. They now read from the lines of their books, thereby forcing their congregation and viewers to BUY the book. They device a means for survival for themselves through the gospel of the selfless blessed Jesus; the Master and Saviour. They claim to serve the Jesus who said "FREELY YE HAVE RECEIVED, FREELY GIVE." (Mat.10:cool Irony! Or has His word changed?

Many now write, not as inspired, but to eat.

Besides, they hardly find a sentence of the Bible to quote in their sermons or make any reference to it or make the people use their Bibles. Rather, they have a long talk, with little or no time to make the most fundamentally important call for sinners' repentance, to return to God. Even when we do we make sinners rush the DICTATED prayer, DENYING them a PERSONAL opportunity to make a genuine commitment to Jesus; salvation experience is a function of both the heart and mouth, as we have it in Romans 10:10.

Recently, as I watched, I saw a member of a congregation in a church service, holding a book, reading the book being used by the pastor to preach, instead of the use of the Bible.

Remember, any principle can fail, except the timeless Word of God; statutes that were established to last forever. (Ps. 119 : 152 )

Excuse me, if you were truly CALLED to preach, who were you called to preach? Self, human principles or JESUS CHRIST?

Can this be the new trick of the devil to blind the Church that Jesus bought with His priceless blood, from walking the narrow road that leads to Life?

Ahh! God have mercy on your church and restore truth and righteousness to us.

If you are a culprit, beware! Repent! Repe.....nt! Or embrace the wrath of God.

If you are not afraid of the truth, please SHARE.

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Most For Children To Follow There Parents To Church / 14 Questions To Help Clarify Your Steps After A Flash Of Inspiration (2) / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.