Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,304 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Timaya Or Terry G: Who Is Nigeria's Dancehall King? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Timaya Or Terry G: Who Is Nigeria's Dancehall King? (1036 Views)

Who Is Nigeria's King Of Highlife Music? / Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician / Freestyle Or Terry The Rapman?who Flows Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timaya Or Terry G: Who Is Nigeria's Dancehall King? by philfearon(m): 6:32am On Oct 07, 2013
Timaya
Born Enetimi Alfred Odom,and started off as a Back up Singer to Eedris Abdulkareem..
In 2007,he released his debut Single "Dem Mama",and has gone on to Release 4 Albums...
He is Called Mr Timaya,Dem Mama Soldier,Egberipapa1 of Bayelsa{The peoples number one towncrier}...He has a group called "Dem Mama Soldiers"...
He is so popular,that almost all have his songs in their Phones...He is a dancehall Artiste and Raggaeton crooner too...Churned out hits after Hits,and has collaborated With the Biggest Heads in Naija Music Industry...We all watched him Grow into who he is today,and we appreciate his everblazing hits and tracks after tracks....They are So Numerous,that i have decided not to start listing them here...He's had his fair share of the Media's wrath too...
Terry G
Born Gabriel Oche Amanyi,started out the same time as Timaya,and have even had a collabo with him..And like Timaya,i followed him very closely too,infact too closely than Timaya..I listened to him call himself "an upcoming artiste" over and over again,and i was like:"Bro,you have passed this Upcoming Artiste statements na"..
Well,Today,Terry G is a Household name in Nigeria..
He Calls Himself; Ginjah de Ginjah,Swagger de Swagger,Intellectual spiritual Ganjah..He is better known as the "Akpako Master" ..
Like Timaya,he started up as a backup Artiste to Faze{Chibuzor Orji},before moving on to Release his first Single "Love and Sex" in a different Record label...
He has churned out hits after hits,tracks after Tracks..Like Timaya,he has a group called "HOUSE OF GANJAH"...He's had his fair share of Criticism from the Media and likes too....His hits are too many,i find it difficult to list here...But we know them
But here is my Question,Which of Them is 9ja's Dancehall king?
Dancehall in the sense of Songs that always Wanna get Your grooves on,and Shaking Your Body or quaking your head anytime...
N:B - Am not comparing them!
Re: Timaya Or Terry G: Who Is Nigeria's Dancehall King? by DesChyko1(m): 6:42am On Oct 07, 2013
I'ld say Terry G. Aside from me being an ardent fan of his, I think how he influences music and make quality dancehall music from a stunning beat and crazy words is second to none..
Re: Timaya Or Terry G: Who Is Nigeria's Dancehall King? by JameyMaxwell(m): 7:55am On Oct 07, 2013
Terry G all the way.
The dude brought hiz own style into the game.
At first, pipo tot they just realeased him 4rm a mental home but he won pipo over with hiz MADNEZZ dtz 4 FREE
Re: Timaya Or Terry G: Who Is Nigeria's Dancehall King? by philfearon(m): 9:26am On Oct 07, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
I'ld say Terry G. Aside from me being an ardent fan of his, I think how he influences music and make quality dancehall music from a stunning beat and crazy words is second to none..
Thats kul
Re: Timaya Or Terry G: Who Is Nigeria's Dancehall King? by philfearon(m): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2013
Jamey Maxwell: Terry G all the way.
The dude brought hiz own style into the game.
At first, pipo tot they just realeased him 4rm a mental home but he won pipo over with hiz MADNEZZ dtz 4 FREE
Hahahahaha......But thats nt true na..He kinda switched over you know? He didnt start as a ganjah man!

(1) (Reply)

Download "Nigerian Girls" Song By A Nairalander(lilchris) / With All The Money And Fame! My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music—olamide / Who Is Your Best And Has Been Your Best Nigeria Musician Of All Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.