Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Canadian Visas... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Visas... (769 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / 2 Nigerian Students Face Deportation At A Canadian University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Canadian Visas... by fattlordclub: 8:34am On Oct 07, 2013
Please you can go ahead and ask me any questions about traveling to Canada. Please be specify about the category of visas you're apply for. What documents you have and what you don't understand. I have done it for couple of people on here,but PLEASE meaningful question. Do not ask me about you can make or get fraudulent documents. Don't waste my precious time. Allow people that are qualified or have the required documentation. It is better you ask how to procure or go about it than submitting a fraudulent documents. You can appeal a decision if you're not satisfied,but not with fraudulent documentation. I reside in Canada and I have lots of experience in dealing with those guys.....
Re: Canadian Visas... by marvelling(m): 8:40am On Oct 07, 2013
I want to pursue my postgraduate degree there. What do I need and how should I go about it. Will I be able to work while I study? How affordable are their schools and which programme is very popular amongst science students there?
Re: Canadian Visas... by fijiano202(m): 8:47am On Oct 07, 2013
Can i get a job with SSCE certificate
Re: Canadian Visas... by fattlordclub: 9:03am On Oct 07, 2013
@Fijiano202, Please don't waste your time with the SSCE. You won't get anywhere close with that. I hope this help?
Re: Canadian Visas... by fattlordclub: 9:11am On Oct 07, 2013
@Marvelling, are you talking about undergraduate or post graduate? Well which ever one you're right. You have to keep in mind that you can only work maximum of 20 hrs a week or 25. This is Just for your own benefit. Keep in mind that colleges/universities here aren't the same with Nigerian institution. You have a lot of assignments and essays to put up. If you're caught working more than that or you work illegally out of your hrs you should work, then , you're playing with deportation. You also have to keep it in mind that you can work not until after six months of your arrival to the institution. You can work as much as you want during your summer break, which is about three to four months. BUT.....do not break the rules on your work permit if given........
Re: Canadian Visas... by marvelling(m): 9:18am On Oct 07, 2013
fattlordclub: @Marvelling, are you talking about undergraduate or post graduate? Well which ever one you're right. You have to keep in mind that you can only work maximum of 20 hrs a week or 25. This is Just for your own benefit. Keep in mind that colleges/universities here aren't the same with Nigerian institution. You have a lot of assignments and essays to put up. If you're caught working more than that or you work illegally out of your hrs you should work, then , you're playing with deportation. You also have to keep it in mind that you can work not until after six months of your arrival to the institution. You can work as much as you want during your summer break, which is about three to four months. BUT.....do not break the rules on your work permit if given........

I considering postgraduate studies there. How affordable are their schools?
Re: Canadian Visas... by fattlordclub: 9:19am On Oct 07, 2013
@Marvelling, most of the colleges fees for the whole program of two years runs for about $24,000. This exclude your feeding allowance,bus pass,house rents and many more. While the Canadians or permanent residence pays half of that. Remember most of them live here and they can easily apply for student loan or line of credit. In your own case, you're one man soldier. You can win a scholarship,but this cold be at the end of the first semester or year. Mostly, international student are granted standing during the fall session ( September) and Winter which is around (January). Most of them do not grant admission during spring.
Re: Canadian Visas... by marvelling(m): 9:23am On Oct 07, 2013
fattlordclub: @Marvelling, most of the colleges fees for the whole program of two years runs for about $24,000. This exclude your feeding allowance,bus pass,house rents and many more. While the Canadians or permanent residence pays half of that. Remember most of them live here and they can easily apply for student loan or line of credit. In your own case, you're one man soldier. You can win a scholarship,but this cold be at the end of the first semester or year. Mostly, international student are granted standing during the fall session ( September) and Winter which is around (January). Most of them do not grant admission during spring.

Documentation! What exactly do I need to get here in nigeria before I move over there.
Re: Canadian Visas... by lovito(f): 9:29am On Oct 07, 2013
I am a single parent with HND, can i apply for canada visa?, if yes, how do i also include my child in my documentation because i am not married to the father.
Re: Canadian Visas... by fijiano202(m): 10:59am On Oct 07, 2013
Thanks for the reply,i have a Bsc but i dont have any intention of going to school over there,i want to work but i saw an add where skilled-workers are required,i was thinking maybe my SSCE Could work for me in that instance cos i dont want to submit my Bsc degree for a canadian factory job,pls share more light on the skilled-workers and its requirements
Re: Canadian Visas... by justwise(m): 11:15am On Oct 07, 2013
Please lets make all contributions here, this is an existing Canadian visa thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/1229480/travelling-canada-part-4

Thank you.

(1)

How Long Does It Take A U.S.A Citizen To File For Spouse? / Finding The Best Hotels Near Lagos Airport / Which Close African Countries Can I Goto For Xmas / New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.