Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,499 members, 7,770,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:06 AM

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (160373 Views)

Travel To China, New Procedures For Visas / How Is American Embassy Treating Nigerians Who Currently Apply For Visas? / Uk Border Agency Hit By Fresh Bribes For Visas Issued To Nigerians/africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2013
It is boring to hear people asking "what documents" that are required for this or for that visa, and i see that no matter how many individuals that are answered, there will continue to be many others who will ask the same question over and over and over again. It doesn't make much of a sense to ask this same question or to keep on answering it to everyone who asks it, so, i have decided to create this narrative list to answer the question conclusively.
Here are the documents that are required of visa applicants of every category.
This article is subject to modification and updates:

* Invitation letter or accommodation details from the country you intend to visit;
* (If on invitation by an individual,) a copy of the bio-data page of the passport of the person inviting you.
* Your national passport or travel document with at least 6 months to expiration;
* (If you are an alien resident in the country that you are applying from,) evidence of permission to remain in the country: ie, a residence permit or an appropriate long-term visa;
* Proof of address: utility bills are valid proofs
* Passport sized colour photographs, not more than 6 months old;
* (If employed,) a letter from your employer granting leave of absence from your job for a specified period. The letter should also say how long you have been employed by that employer, in what job(s) and should indicate when you are expected back at work:
Note, you must be at least one year in your employment;
* (If sent or sponsored by your employer,) the evidence letter to this effect; expected to demonstrate the reasons and benefits for sponsoring you;
* (If sent or sponsored by your employer,) the company's financial statement with evidence of fund availability for your own use;
* (If self-employed,) evidence of your business activities and financial standing.
Note, you must be running the company for at least one year;
* (If self employed or if applicable to you as an employee,) your tax clearance certificate to show your tax compliance level and also your income;
* (If a student,) a letter from your school stating what course you are on, its start and finish dates and the dates of the holiday period during which you intend to travel abroad;
Note: if you are not working you should include financial documents of the person who is supporting you; if someone else is paying for your trip, You would be expected to explain why you are being sponsored and to demonstrate how your sponsor will benefit from your trip.
* (If applicable,) evidence of any property you own in your home country (if applicable)
Note: the property is expected to represent anything that could be considered a tie; such property may not be an isolated land or building that are not deemed to be taking more of your responsibilities: it is different if you own (let's say) business property that requires your obligatory management;
* Details of any firm travel plans that you have made, ie itinerary:
Warning! Do not book a flight because, you will forfeit your money if your visa is refused. Itinerary does not only mean flight ticket, it means travel plans which are, the preparations that you have put in place: such could be site seeing or tour guide arrangements, or onward flight tickets if applying for a transit or stopover visa;
* Bank statements showing up to six months transaction details, must show sources of income:
Warning! Avoid vast Money Lodgement (especially if it makes the majority of your finance), you will be refused without question.
* (If applicable,) evidence of any income from other sources e.g. friends, family, savings, property etc
* (If applicable and/or if the purpose of the trip has got something to do with family,) Evidence of family relationship and marital status ie Birth Certificate and/or Marriage or Civil Partnership Certificate, divorce certificate, death certificate (of spouse)
* (If applying to join a spouse,) Evidence of relationship and communications or correspondences with your spouse: ie telephone details; emails; posts or/and photos of both of you together.
* (If applying to join a spouse or family,) Birth certificate or Age Declaration document
* It is very important to be able to show Ties or Obligations to return to.
Note: Although, family or social ties and responsibilities are recommended, but logically, family ties aren't considered as strong as other ties because, there are vast cases of seekers involving in immigration fights to bring their family to join them, but yet, the magnitude of the family may be considered
* (If an undisclosed ex-convict) The official record of any conviction(s), detailing the crime(s) you were convicted of and the sentence(s) you received
* The appropriate fee and 1 million dollars for Vicjustice
Note: You must provide original documents (except the identification documents of another person). Failure to submit original documents may mean your application is delayed or refused.
HARD DOCUMENTS are documents that carry Security Authentications; or Stamps; or Seals; or Signatures; or Apostiles, etc: (For example; a Marriage Certificate), such documents must be submitted in their original states (except the document is an identification document belonging to another person ie your sponsor's passport etc). Any other document that does not carry any of the mentioned authentication is allowed to be submitted in photocopy state: Your hard documents will be returned back to you in due time.

Your questions or contributions or concerns are welcome here.
Find Love Partners now at Babefishing Dating Community www.babefishing.com

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by onatisi(m): 2:40pm On Jan 31, 2013
i guess this settles all questions relating to travel documents .weldone bro.

2 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by LORETA: 6:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
Pls vicjustice I beg u I know this is not the topic here but please help a brother I posted an issue but no answers. Pls personally help answer it thanks. Pleaase I need recent info on living in poland as an african. Are they friendly. Do they speak english on a average level. How about the women relating to black guys. Am leaving in two weeks time for a training in marine engr. The company is taking care of us and monthly stipends of 400 euro per month. Pls I need contributionS. Tanks guys

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Skyfojydo: 9:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
@poster; I was denied visa on my first application yesterday. please how soon can I reapply. ur urgent response wil be appreciated.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 02, 2013
LORETA: Pls vicjustice I beg u I know this is not the topic here but please help a brother I posted an issue but no answers. Pls personally help answer it thanks. Pleaase I need recent info on living in poland as an african. Are they friendly. Do they speak english on a average level. How about the women relating to black guys. Am leaving in two weeks time for a training in marine engr. The company is taking care of us and monthly stipends of 400 euro per month. Pls I need contributionS. Tanks guys

Hi Loreta, I am currently in Poland for a short course although I stay in the scandinavia.

Polish people are friendly and warm hearted, you wont regret it. there are quite few africans here and majority of them are students. And also, it depends on the city you are going to, if you would be going to bigger cities like warsaw, poznan, krakow, katowice, gdansk, you should be fine, but that doesnt mean other cities aint good as well. feel free to PM me if you wanna hang out in Poland.

Poland is relatively cheap compare to other EU countries and with 400euros monthly, you are good to go. I hope you enjoy your stay when you come here. And make sure you hold your body tight, because Polish girls are extremely beautiful. My personal opinion

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 3:51pm On Feb 03, 2013
dahonestboss:

Hi Loreta, I am currently in Poland for a short course although I stay in the scandinavia.

Polish people are friendly and warm hearted, you wont regre it. there are quite few africans here and majority of them are students. And also, it depends on the city you are going to, if you would be going to bigger cities like warsaw, poznan, krakow, katowice, gdansk, then you are good to go. but that doesnt mean other cities aint good as well. feel free to PM me if you wanna hang out in Poland.
Poland is relatively cheap compare to other EU countries, with 400euros, you are good to go. I hope you enjoy your stay when you come here. And make sure you hold your body tight, because Polish girls are extremely beautiful. My personal opinion
I beg to differ in regard to "cheap" Poland, Poland is not that cheap, the only cheap things in it are House Rentage and a few other bills or taxes: but essential things like food and clothing are considerably more expensive (than in western Europe), or at least, quite expensive in proportion to the level of wages in the country.

4 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by LORETA: 6:47am On Feb 04, 2013
Also. Do their ladies friendly with africans you understand what I mean. I never been with one before nand am looking forward to it

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Skyfojydo: 11:14am On Feb 04, 2013
Skyfo-jydo:
@poster; I was denied visa on my first application yesterday. please how soon can I reapply. ur urgent response wil be appreciated.
pls someone should assist me on what to do.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:42am On Feb 04, 2013
Skyfo-jydo:
Skyfo-jydo:
pls someone should assist me on what to do.
There is no time frame or duration or limit to apply for a visa after refusal, you can apply anytime you know that the reason(s) for your refusal is rectified. But i don't recommend an immediate reapplication if the reason(s) has got something to do with your financial standings

5 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Lexusgs430: 1:05am On Feb 05, 2013
Well done for extensive prerequisites for visa applicants. Still baffles me how visa applicant's think that a lump sum payment of a large amount would enhance visa applications.

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 05, 2013
LORETA: Also. Do their ladies friendly with africans you understand what I mean. I never been with one before nand am looking forward to it

You're about to get yourself into strife, before even getting to Poland. Skinheads exist, and if you hit on the wrong girl, you'll be in for a rough time. You don't want to go home in a box.

If I were you, I'd buckle down to what you're there for - your training in Marine Engineering.

Good luck.

17 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Dextra(f): 4:58pm On Feb 05, 2013
Vicjustice: Its boring to hear people asking "what documents" that are required for this or that visa, and i see that no matter how many individuals that are answered, there will continue to be many others who will ask the same question. It doesn't make much of a sense to ask this same question or to keep on answering it to everyone who asked it, so, i've decided to create this narrative lists to answer the question conclusively.
Here are the documents that are required of visa applicants of every category. This article is subject to modification and updates:

* Invitation letter or accommodation details from the country you intend to visit;
* Your national passport or travel document with at least 6 months to expiration;
* Evidence of permission to remain in the country from which you are applying, if you are not a national of that country: ie a residence permit or appropriate long-term visa;
* (If employed,) a letter from your employer granting leave of absence from your job for a specified period. The letter should also say how long you have been employed by that employer, in what job(s) and should indicate when you are expected back at work;
* (If self-employed,) evidence of your business activities and financial standing;
* (If a student,) a letter from your school stating what course you are on, its start and finish dates and the dates of the holiday period during which you intend to travel abroad;
Note: if you are not working you should include financial documents of the person who is supporting you; if someone else is paying for your trip, You would be expected to explain why you are being sponsored and to demonstrate how your sponsor will benefit from your trip.
* (If applicable,) evidence of any property you own in your home country (if applicable);
* Details of any firm travel plans you have made ie itinerary:
Warning! Do not book a flight because, you will forfeit your money if your visa is refused. itinerary does not mean flight ticket, it means travel plans;
* Bank statements showing up to six months transaction details, must show sources of income:
Warning! Avoid Money Lodgement, you will be refused without question.
* (If apllicable,) evidence of any income from other sources e.g. friends, family, savings, property etc
* (If applicable and/or if the purpose of the trip has got something to do with family,) Evidence of marital status ie Marriage or Civil Partnership Certificate, divorce certificate, death certificate (of spouse)
*(If applying to join a spouse,) Evidence of relationship and communications or correspondences with your spouse: ie telephone details; emails; posts or/and photos of both of you together.
* (If applying to join a spouse or family,) Birth certificate or Age Declaration document
Note: Although, family or social ties and responsibilities are recommended, but logically, family ties aren't considered strong as other ties as there are vast cases of seekers involving in immigration fights to bring their family to join them, but yet, the magnitude of the family may be considered
* (If an ex-convict) The official record of any conviction(s), detailing the crime(s) you were convicted of and the sentence(s) you received
Note: You must provide original documents. Failure to submit original documents may mean your application is delayed or refused.
HARD DOCUMENTS are documents that carry Security Authentications; or Stamps; or Seals; or Signatures; or Apostiles, etc: (For example a Marriage Certificate), such documents must be submitted in their original states. Any other document that does not carry any of the mentioned authentication is allowed to be submitted in photocopied state: Your hard documents will be returned back to you in due time.

Your questions or contributions or concerns are welcome here
I have a question Vicjustice. I have a saving account where my salary come in every month. However, I move out almost all the money for group contributions with my colleagues and give people who ask for loan. Now., I got an invitation to Canada and asked my debtors and friends I've helped in the past to pay back what they owe. Now, about 50% of my fund will come from my salary while the other 50% will be from friends. There will be record of these money going out in my statement of account, only one or two account credit was not recorded being from my brother and sister respectively. Will they consider this as "MONEY LODGEMENT? if yes, What should I do?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 1:37am On Feb 06, 2013
Dextra:
I have a question Vicjustice. I have a saving account where my salary come in every month. However, I move out almost all the money for group contributions with my colleagues and give people who ask for loan. Now., I got an invitation to Canada and asked my debtors and friends I've helped in the past to pay back what they owe. Now, about 50% of my fund will come from my salary while the other 50% will be from friends. There will be record of these money going out in my statement of account, only one or two account credit was not recorded being from my brother and sister respectively. Will they consider this as "MONEY LODGEMENT? if yes, What should I do?
If the 50% fund that accumulated from your salary savings is good enough to satisfy the visa officer, then there should be no worries about the Lump Lodgements. But if you are hoping to use lump lodgements as proof of your financial standings, i'm afraid it is not looking good at all.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Dextra(f): 4:57am On Feb 06, 2013
Thank you for your frank response. if the 50% fund does not meet the required fund what should I do?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by modath(f): 7:33am On Feb 06, 2013
Vicjustic,
You do above and beyond for something that is pro bono,e,
Well done bros.I heard someting that I find strange and hard to believe but still gotta ask for clarity sake,is it true that if an American plans to send out an invitation letter for an intending visiting visa applicant he has to take the letter to the US states department for stamping,its becoming a bone of contention.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 06, 2013
Hi I applied for a visiting visa to finland,inorder to go and visit my husband. I provided all the documents they needed. But I was refused, on the ground that my intention to leave the teritory member state at the expire of your visa could not be ascertained. I appleid last year novmber. I want to re-apply by april. What can I do to avoid refusal again?

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:14am On Feb 06, 2013
Dextra: Thank you for your frank response. if the 50% fund does not meet the required fund what should I do?
ebyjoyken: Hi I applied for a visiting visa to finland,inorder to go and visit my husband. I provided all the documents they needed. But I was refused, on the ground that my intention to leave the teritory member state at the expire of your visa could not be ascertained. I appleid last year novmber. I want to re-apply by april. What can I do to avoid refusal again?
Hi, your answers can be found in this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:23am On Feb 06, 2013
modath: Vicjustic,
Well done bros.I heard someting that I find strange and hard to believe but still gotta ask for clarity sake,is it true that if an American plans to send out an invitation letter for an intending visiting visa applicant he has to take the letter to the US states department for stamping,its becoming a bone of contention.
I'm not certain of how it is done in the US, but there could be elements of fact in this assertion. There are countries in Europe (especially a Baltic state like Latvia) where an invitation letter is required to pass through their ministry of foreign affairs, and once it gets approval, the visa applicant stands 90% chance of being granted the visa

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by ameeno: 1:09pm On Feb 11, 2013
Vicjustice: Its boring to hear people asking "what documents" that are required for this or that visa, and i see that no matter how many individuals that are answered, there will continue to be many others who will ask the same question over again. It doesn't make much of a sense to ask this same question or to keep on answering it to everyone who asked it, so, i've decided to create this narrative list to answer the question conclusively.
Here are the documents that are required of visa applicants of every category. This article is subject to modification and updates:

*(If on invitation by ad individual,) a copy of the bio-data page of the passport of the person inviting you.
* (If you are an alien resident in the country that you are applying from,) evidence of permission to remain in the country: ie, a residence permit or appropriate long-term visa;
* (If employed,) a letter from your employer granting leave of absence from your job for a specified period. The letter should also say how long you have been employed by that employer, in what job(s) and should indicate when you are expected back at work;
* (If self-employed,) evidence of your business activities and financial standing;
* (If applicable,) evidence of any property you own in your home country (if applicable);
* Details of any firm travel plans you have made ie itinerary:
Warning! Do not book a flight because, you will forfeit your money if your visa is refused. itinerary does not mean flight ticket, it means travel plans;
Warning! Avoid Money Lodgement, you will be refused without question.
* (If apllicable,) evidence of any income from other sources e.g. friends, family, savings, property etc
* (If applicable and/or if the purpose of the trip has got something to do with family,) Evidence of family relationship and marital status ie Birth Certificate and/or Marriage or Civil Partnership Certificate, divorce certificate, death certificate (of spouse)
*(If applying to join a spouse,) Evidence of relationship and communications or correspondences with your spouse: ie telephone details; emails; posts or/and photos of both of you together.
Note: Although, family or social ties and responsibilities are recommended, but logically, family ties aren't considered as strong as other ties because, there are vast cases of seekers involving in immigration fights to bring their family to join them, but yet, the magnitude of the family may be considered
* (If an ex-convict) The official record of any conviction(s), detailing the crime(s) you were convicted of and the sentence(s) you received
Note: You must provide original documents. Failure to submit original documents may mean your application is delayed or refused.
HARD DOCUMENTS are documents that carry Security Authentications; or Stamps; or Seals; or Signatures; or Apostiles, etc: (For example a Marriage Certificate), such documents must be submitted in their original states. Any other document that does not carry any of the mentioned authentication is allowed to be submitted in photocopy state: Your hard documents will be returned back to you in due ty.

Your questions or contributions or concerns are welcome here
please what is your email address i really really need your help and its kinda urgent thank you

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by justwise(m): 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2013
ameeno: please what is your email address i really really need your help and its kinda urgent thank you

Why not ask him the question here just as others are doing? Don't start this culture of asking for contact details.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Goshen360(m): 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
modath: Vicjustic,

That's NOT true. Not in all visas categories. The person telling you that 'might' be referring to a 'particular' type of visa. If the above is true, you will need to ask what type of visa they're referring to. An ordinary invitation letter ONLY need notary public from any public notary in US of A and has nothing to do with going through the Department of States. I also understand that visas for 'performing artist', 'fiance/fiancee' goes through Department of States. In all, you'll need to identify what visa category but ALL invitation letter doesn't go through the department of States; that, I can assure you.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by yasuleiman(m): 9:30pm On Feb 11, 2013
@Vicjustice........What about C of O, building plan, land survey and other land documents
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:00pm On Feb 11, 2013
yasuleiman: @Vicjustice........What about C of O, building plan, land survey and other land documents
That was covered:
[quote]* (If applicable,) evidence of any property you own in your home country (if applicable);[quote]

3 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by tayoTFC(m): 12:00am On Feb 12, 2013
@op
If there a lumpsum deposite to ur account by ur company or other source what u need is to provide detail reason for such money with a substantive evidence.
I was about to apply for my family visa in july preparing my document and expecting document from my sister in uk . My company pay my leave allowance, medical and housing allowance same day.lumpsum what I did is that I make a copy of my bank statement Itemise the deposit and explain detail of the each deposit and I withdral part of the money and leave a balance of N230k in the account I still get my visa withing 10day.if u have a lumpsum in ur account if is not intentional to decived the ECO pls just provide detail reason for such deposit. Gbam

2 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Leripa(m): 8:36am On Feb 12, 2013
Vicjustice:
She needs to present her main documents plus supporting documents, with other documented documents and her documented papers to support her documents amongst other documents in documentory documentation

grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by yasuleiman(m): 8:35am On Feb 13, 2013
Vicjustice:
That was covered:

Thanks, but its boldly pasted in their office that some land documents should not be presented.

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2013
yasuleiman:

Thanks, but its boldly pasted in their office that some land documents should not be presented.
Yes, that is if the property does not represent anything that could be considered a tie; such property could be an isolated land or building that that are not deemed to be taking more of your responsibilities: it is different if you own (let's say) business property that requires your obligatory management
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Alberta12(m): 9:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
Justwise please help me ooooooo. I tried submitting photocopies of appeal at lekki and waltercarrington and I was told they have stopped collecting appeals there. Pls it is an appeal to the first tier against a decision of an entry clearance officer. Pls help me I have like 10 working days left. Please I intend to pay for paper hearing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Tell Us About The City Where You Live / My Monthly Savings In Canada / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.