Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

A Nairalander's Love Story! It's Been 12 Months But It Feels Like Yesterday - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Nairalander's Love Story! It's Been 12 Months But It Feels Like Yesterday (1472 Views)

My Wife Feels Little Or No Urge For Intimacy... Please Advice / Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Love Story! It's Been 12 Months But It Feels Like Yesterday by Kaymisola(f): 10:06am On Oct 07, 2013
Nairalanders, Bolanle and Segun had their first wedding anniversary yesterday and they were so excited.
With all joy, Bolanle (the beautiful bride/wife) who is full of thanks to God, says the marital journey has been AMAZING, she couldn't have wished for any thing better - aww!
Their love story is gonna thrill you guys...*winks*.
Bolanle and Segun officially met while they were both attending school at Rutgers University in February 2006. While they were both attending Rutgers University, Bolanle was doing work-study at the bookstore and Segun came to buy a textbook. While Bolanle was ringing up his item at the cashiers register, Segun smiled and said “hello”.
They were both shy to start up a conversation but they were drawn to each other already!
They met again but this time, Bolanle was sitting in the hallway in one of Rutgers famous building called “Roberson Hall”, and has God will make it, Segun was strolling the hallway with one of his friends called Olu.
As soon as he saw Bola, he overcame his shyness, walked up to her and said “hello”, and then he started a short conversation and ensured that they exchanged numbers.
As time went by, Bolanle and Segun spoke constantly on the phone, non-stop sometimes till early hours of the following morning talking of sweet nothings...
Because of Segun’s kindness and selflessness, he would give Bolanle frequent rides to and from work because at that time she had no driver’s license or personal car. Aww!
As the friendship grew even stronger, Segun asked Bolanle to be his girl and she said yes.
The Proposal
Throughout the mid to late stages of our relationship, they talked about what they wanted from the relationship and how they wanted to spend the rest of their lives together.
Fast forward to August 2011, Segun was secretly preparing to propose to the love of his life.
So on August 1st 2011, they went to a restaurant to have dinner and then to the movies.
"During our dinner date that Segun held my hands and told me I was his princess. We had a great time at the movies and he dropped me off at home. On August 2nd at around 8:40AM, still sleeping I heard a slight knock on my room door and Segun walked in smiling. Still unsure if I was dreaming or not, he walked to my bedside, got down on one knee holding my hand. He started saying how he wanted us to spend the rest of our lives together and other sweet things to me, removed a box from his pocket and opening the box to show the ring, and then he popped the question, of course, I said YES!!" Bolanle excitedly narrated.
See their wedding photos here http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/10/a-true-love-story-its-been-12-months.html

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Love Story! It's Been 12 Months But It Feels Like Yesterday by Kaymisola(f): 10:09am On Oct 07, 2013
more photos

Re: A Nairalander's Love Story! It's Been 12 Months But It Feels Like Yesterday by adiona(f): 12:28pm On Oct 07, 2013
Happy couple, God bless ur union.
Re: A Nairalander's Love Story! It's Been 12 Months But It Feels Like Yesterday by Kaymisola(f): 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2013
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!
adiona: Happy couple, God bless ur union.
Re: A Nairalander's Love Story! It's Been 12 Months But It Feels Like Yesterday by HezronLorraine(m): 3:57pm On Oct 07, 2013
Aww.Wish you guys a beautiful life ahead.
Re: A Nairalander's Love Story! It's Been 12 Months But It Feels Like Yesterday by AmicableEd: 4:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
congrats
Re: A Nairalander's Love Story! It's Been 12 Months But It Feels Like Yesterday by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 07, 2013
This is sweet. Happy married life !!!

Btw the brides make up is nicely done. cheesy
Re: A Nairalander's Love Story! It's Been 12 Months But It Feels Like Yesterday by greatgod2012(f): 8:05pm On Oct 07, 2013
Congrats!
Re: A Nairalander's Love Story! It's Been 12 Months But It Feels Like Yesterday by Chinwem(f): 9:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
Lovely
Re: A Nairalander's Love Story! It's Been 12 Months But It Feels Like Yesterday by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 08, 2013
adaobi123: This is sweet. Happy married life !!!

Btw the brides make up is nicely done. cheesy
Re: A Nairalander's Love Story! It's Been 12 Months But It Feels Like Yesterday by mysticgal(f): 4:47pm On Oct 08, 2013
beautifull bride
Re: A Nairalander's Love Story! It's Been 12 Months But It Feels Like Yesterday by Meringe(m): 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
Congrats to them.

Will tell you guys my own story nextyear. Just wish me well.

(1) (Reply)

Most Cruel Divorce In History: Man Divorces Woman On Wedding Day / What Will You Do If Your Child Wished You Happy Father's Day This Way? (pic) / How Men Pushes Their Spouse Outside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.