Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Does Stress/depression Cause Obesity? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Stress/depression Cause Obesity? (1655 Views)

Depression: Cause And Prevention / The Dangers Of Postpartum Depression / A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Stress/depression Cause Obesity? by Rosby(m): 8:34am On Jun 07, 2006
You are stressed up/depressed and don't have time to even eat but you found yourself adding by the day.
Re: Does Stress/depression Cause Obesity? by Seun(m): 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2006
Please, if you feel you are stressed or depressed, you should definitely see a doctor as soon as possible.

How often do you exercise?
Re: Does Stress/depression Cause Obesity? by Rosby(m): 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2006
seun,

why did it take so long to reply and the reply isn't from the doctor in the house?

well, i don't excercise
Re: Does Stress/depression Cause Obesity? by chad(m): 6:49pm On Jun 08, 2006
well seun is right if u know u r really depressed u should see a psychiatrist ASAP. u see depression more often causes weight loss and loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities as well as loss of motivation but it is known dat sone ppl eat more when depressed than when they r not. i don't know if dat's d case wit u but if not pls still c a doc as soon as u can cos an unknown problem may b d cause of ur increase in weight. u've not really revealed much for me 2 tell.
Re: Does Stress/depression Cause Obesity? by hotangel2(f): 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2006
If u are depressed and you make food ur form of making urself happy. YES YOU'LL GET FAT!! REALLY FAT!

But if u are stressed, and can't eat, u'll lose weight of course. See a doctor. Why are u depressed?
Re: Does Stress/depression Cause Obesity? by Tamsin4(f): 12:39pm On Jun 17, 2006
Hey
um if your depressed talk to your friends doctor etc because i dealt with my depression the hard way CUTTING for those of you who do not know what cutting is it is slitting your wrist etc i did this and now i put up with the scars and everyone thinks I'm a phyco path.And no depression doesn't cause obestisity take it from me.11 years of age what a good point of view.

from tamsin

(1) (Reply)

deleted / Top Ten Tips For Getting Rid Of Acne / Davido Donates N1 Million To Cancer Patient In Need Of Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.