Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,600 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Website Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review (975 Views)

Website Review / www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Review by smartsoft(m): 10:49am On Jun 07, 2006
Can someone review this website for me and critize it pls before i go futher. http://www.smartsoft-ng.com/nigeriadreamsjobs
Re: Website Review by Olumide7(m): 11:40am On Jun 07, 2006
not bad, but for a professional website, you need to work on colour balance. wink
Re: Website Review by Farriel(m): 11:50am On Jun 07, 2006
Yes, it's shaping up nicely, layout wise but there are some areas you might wish to look at.

The contact address displayed in the orange box, you might wish to change font and reduce size. Same with the main nav links above. Change font to something much aesthetic. Like Olumide has said, colour balance is important and there 4 to 5 different colours displayed there.

The banner there, is that a white lady's hand? And your logo at the right corner is also made up of 3 colours. How about a light shade of grey and green? Like Nigerian being green and dream and jobs light grey?

Your layout is looking real nice and professional, but reduce the amount of colours each content has and work on the fonts and logo. By the way, the Busky merchant ad there is overly pixelated, could you work on it? Other than these opinions of mine at this time, it's cool.
Re: Website Review by smartsoft(m): 12:16pm On Jun 07, 2006
hummmm thanks i will do exactly what u have spotted out here, thanks anyway
Re: Website Review by Farriel(m): 12:48pm On Jun 07, 2006
Anytime.
Re: Website Review by kazey(m): 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2006
hmmmmmmmmm, shocked
Re: Website Review by my2cents(m): 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2006
smartsoft,

I assume this is a comp, so eventually, you will convert this to actual code. If not true, then here's my 2 cents:

1) Convert nav tabs and text in contact us to text. Use CSS for rollovers.

2) Center text in contact us area

3) Change "a" to "the" in "at a click of a mouse"

4) In FireFox, login box is covering the "Register text" (I assume, u will be coding for both browsers).

5) In my opinion, no need for "home" in nav bar. If you/client insist, then move it to b4 "about us". Personally, I wouldn't have it, but rather convert the logo to a clickable image to go back to the home page (on pages other than the home page - you might want to think about using an include file for this, if not already).

6) No search function/footer/site map.

That's it for now smiley
Re: Website Review by smartsoft(m): 5:49pm On Jun 07, 2006
Thanks for your 2cent

(1) (Reply)

My Website Again! / Perhaps How An Artist's Website Should Be Designed? / Yet Another Website For Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.