Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) (5487 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Atheism Is Irrational. / 3 Reasons Why Theism Is Irrational Compared To Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 4:08am On Oct 08, 2013
1)We are told in that Mary got pregnant with Jesus without intercourse or an earthly father. Where does the other half of his chromosomes come from?

2)We are told that God sent his only begotten son to die for our sins. Is there a problem with forgiving sins without the death of somebody?

3)We are told that Yahweh is the God of Isreal. Why would a good God choose one set of people over another? Is there a problem speaking to other people around the world at the same time? Why must all his prophets be Jews?

4)We are told that we come from two human beings- Adam and Eve. However, science/history proves this impossible because Jews/Hebrews were far from being the first humans on earth and also, the world could not be possibly populated by 2 human beings into 7 billion given the particular space of time and incest.

5)We are told that Jesus was a peaceful man. However, Jesus scattered the merchandise of traders in the church/synagogue and chased them with whips. Such an action in any civilized country is jail time for destruction of private property and assault.

6)Paul in the bible remains one of the greatest examples for sexism. Yet, we are to believe that the bible is the word of a divine and merciful God.
(http://members.shaw.ca/tfrisen/Bbl/Sexism/Sexism.html)

7)Did Jesus really sacrifice himself? Did he really do anything for us? If I know that I am going to a place called heaven which is an everlasting paradise, why wouldnt I go and get myself crucified? I am only accepting the crucifixion for a reward- this is no sacrifice.

coolAll christian historians and scholars will agree that the bible is incomplete. Yet, we are still using the bible as divine inspiration. What if further explanations, abrogations and commandments are in those missing books of the bible? Even the translation of the bible from the original languages is not complete...some words cant be accurately translated......

9) How could Adam and Eve have grandchildren without inbreeding occurring with their children?

10)The most irrational thing that I find is that the God as described in the bible suspiciously has all the characteristics of a Jewish man in the early centuries.
-He chooses his Jewish people over others (Jewish prophets, God of isreal)
-Sexist laws (http://members.shaw.ca/tfrisen/Bbl/Sexism/Sexism.html)
-believes in sacrifice (eg Cain and abel's sacrifice, Jesus sacrifice on the cross)
-mostly supports the Jews in wars
-never mentions any ancient lands/people that jews have never been to (eg hanan, aztecs, etc)
-never mentions any technology that the jews never had access to
-never once suggested that slavery is one of the most evil things a man can do to another
-believed in the death penalty as ascribed by many Jewish laws.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 4:12am On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by InesQor(m): 4:21am On Oct 08, 2013
You for post your source na. Anything short of that is plagiarism biko.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 4:28am On Oct 08, 2013
InesQor: You for post your source na. Anything short of that is plagiarism biko.

I wrote it myself. Stop assuming that I'm as shallow as you
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by InesQor(m): 4:36am On Oct 08, 2013
grin grin grin

That worked.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by ckkris: 4:39am On Oct 08, 2013
And MIRACLES still occur, when I pray in the name of Christ Jesus, the Messiah, who was PROMISED in Genesis 3 : 15.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by swtchicgurl: 4:55am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03,

Are you sure that you are an atheist? What you said that "Christianity is Irrational" is one of the deepest truths about Christianity.

I must say I'm impressed that you discovered this: Christianity is Irrational!!! Some christians don't even know this!!!

WOW!!! Glory be to God Almighty!

It is the will of God that Christianity is Irrational. Look here:

John 3:8

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

Luke 1:37

For with God nothing shall be impossible

Isaiah 55:8-9

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

The life of a Christian is a life of wonder, one that cannot be easily understood. because you're different from the others. Remember, the life of Christ was a big headache for many during His time on earth, they just couldn't fathom the kind of wisdom He carried and the lifestyle he had. Including, performing jaw-dropping miracles!!!

The fact that you opened this thread confirms to me that God loves you so much that He revealed a deep secret to you. Yes, you, He loves you so much! He will normally reveal this kind of information to those that He loves and has a plan for.

Congratulations, Logicboy03, you're a lot closer to being a christian that ever. Please don't stop studying the Bible! cheesy cheesy cheesy

God bless you dearly.

4 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 4:57am On Oct 08, 2013
swtchicgurl: Logicboy03,

Are you sure that you are an atheist? What you said that "Christianity is Irrational" is one of the deepest truths about Christianity.

I must say I'm impressed that you discovered this: Christianity is Irrational!!! Some christians don't even know this!!!

WOW!!!

Congratulations, Logicboy03, you're a lot closer to being a christian that ever. Please don't stop studying the Bible!

God bless you dearly.

Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately, I find arguments for christianity unconvincing. It would be better if you addressed any of the 10 points I raised

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by swtchicgurl: 5:02am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately, I find arguments for christianity unconvincing. It would be better if you addressed any of the 10 points I raised

The life of a Christian is a life of wonder, one that cannot be easily understood. because you're different from the others. Remember, the life of Christ was a big headache for many during His time on earth, they just couldn't fathom the kind of wisdom He carried and the lifestyle he had. Including, performing jaw-dropping miracles!!!

The fact that you opened this thread confirms to me that God loves you so much that He revealed a deep secret to you. Yes, you, He loves you so much! He will normally reveal this kind of information to those that He loves and has a plan for.

Congratulations, Logicboy03, you're a lot closer to being a christian that ever. Please don't stop studying the Bible! cheesy cheesy cheesy

God bless you dearly.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by ckkris: 5:10am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Thanks a lot.

You're too naive. You PRESUME that you can plot your own actions, and expect everyone to respond the way you like? Are you that little-minded? Deluded?
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 5:11am On Oct 08, 2013
ckkris: You're too naive. You PRESUME that you can plot your own actions, and expect everyone to respond the way you like? Are you that little-minded? Deluded?

<<<<<<<< that is the way to the christian chatbox. exit left. thanks
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by InesQor(m): 5:12am On Oct 08, 2013
@Logicboy03

You haven't opened threads for each of all the other religions. We're waiting...

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 5:14am On Oct 08, 2013
InesQor: @Logicboy03

You haven't opened threads for each of all the other religions. We're waiting...

lets not derail this one first (I have threads on islam...too many)
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by InesQor(m): 5:18am On Oct 08, 2013
@Logicboy03:

Let's not derail it, why not? After all it looks like that's what you usually do on other people's threads.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 08, 2013
Christianity is meant for dull people.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 08, 2013

God bless you dearly.

which god are you talking about? Is the the god of the Jews? He only love the Jews which you are not. Do not be fooled,the bible is not meant for you.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by InesQor(m): 5:40am On Oct 08, 2013
@ifeness:

Hi atheist. Where's the evidence for your claim "Christianity is meant for dull people"?

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 08, 2013
InesQor: @ifeness:

Hi atheist. Where's the evidence for your claim?

you are busy looking for evidence. Ok tell me what this god looks like and how he has helped you recently?

And Atheist is someone with functioning brain cells smiley
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by InesQor(m): 5:47am On Oct 08, 2013
ifeness:
you are busy looking for evidence. Ok tell me what this god looks like and how he has helped you recently?

@ifeness

Oh please don't come at me with a loaded question fallacy.

I asked you a question, do you have an answer? "Where is the evidence for your claim?"

A self-respecting person who has none would reply "I have none" and we'll move on.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 08, 2013
InesQor: @ifeness

Oh please don't come at me with a loaded question fallacy.

I asked you a question, do you have an answer? "Where is the evidence for your claim?"

A self-respecting person who has none would reply "I have none" and we'll move on.

Are you seriously asking for claims? I do not have time for all that bible crap..... I do not intend to derail the thread. But you have no claim to the Hebrew's god,don't you have yours in your village?

Self respecting my foot! Respect yourself by now feeling inferior to the Jews
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by swtchicgurl: 5:57am On Oct 08, 2013
ifeness: Christianity is meant for dull people.

It really doesn't matter if we are dull or not. The important thing is that true christians carry the WISDOM OF GOD! Remeber, Jesus did not come for the 'healthy', he came for the 'sick'. Thank you Jesus, the Great Physician, who specializes in making dull people who ACCEPTS Him and makes them wise with the WISDOM of God. HALLELUYAH!

ifeness:

which god are you talking about? Is the the god of the Jews? He only love the Jews which you are not. Do not be fooled,the bible is not meant for you.

The Bible is the reason why I'm on this thread. It says: "Love your neighbour as yourself".

ifeness:

you are busy looking for evidence. Ok tell me what this God looks like and how he has helped you recently?

And Atheist is someone with functioning brain cells smiley

Haaa! in all honesty, I will have to open a full thread with countless pages to describe God and all He has done for me 'recently'!

Jesus is Lord!

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by swtchicgurl: 5:58am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03: 1)We are told in that Mary got pregnant with Jesus without intercourse or an earthly father. Where does the other half of his chromosomes come from?

2)We are told that God sent his only begotten son to die for our sins. Is there a problem with forgiving sins without the death of somebody?

3)We are told that Yahweh is the God of Isreal. Why would a good God choose one set of people over another? Is there a problem speaking to other people around the world at the same time? Why must all his prophets be Jews?

4)We are told that we come from two human beings- Adam and Eve. However, science/history proves this impossible because Jews/Hebrews were far from being the first humans on earth and also, the world could not be possibly populated by 2 human beings into 7 billion given the particular space of time and incest.

5)We are told that Jesus was a peaceful man. However, Jesus scattered the merchandise of traders in the church/synagogue and chased them with whips. Such an action in any civilized country is jail time for destruction of private property and assault.

6)Paul in the bible remains one of the greatest examples for sexism. Yet, we are to believe that the bible is the word of a divine and merciful God.
(http://members.shaw.ca/tfrisen/Bbl/Sexism/Sexism.html)

7)Did Jesus really sacrifice himself? Did he really do anything for us? If I know that I am going to a place called heaven which is an everlasting paradise, why wouldnt I go and get myself crucified? I am only accepting the crucifixion for a reward- this is no sacrifice.

coolAll christian historians and scholars will agree that the bible is incomplete. Yet, we are still using the bible as divine inspiration. What if further explanations, abrogations and commandments are in those missing books of the bible? Even the translation of the bible from the original languages is not complete...some words cant be accurately translated......

9) How could Adam and Eve have grandchildren without inbreeding occurring with their children?

10)The most irrational thing that I find is that the God as described in the bible suspiciously has all the characteristics of a Jewish man in the early centuries.
-He chooses his Jewish people over others (Jewish prophets, God of isreal)
-Sexist laws (http://members.shaw.ca/tfrisen/Bbl/Sexism/Sexism.html)
-believes in sacrifice (eg Cain and abel's sacrifice, Jesus sacrifice on the cross)
-mostly supports the Jews in wars
-never mentions any ancient lands/people that jews have never been to (eg hanan, aztecs, etc)
-never mentions any technology that the jews never had access to
-never once suggested that slavery is one of the most evil things a man can do to another
-believed in the death penalty as ascribed by many Jewish laws.

All your questions have an answer: GOD IS GOD, THE ALMIGHTY, WONDERFUL, UNCHALLENGEABLE, ALL-KNOWING, ALL-WISE, UNQUESTIONABLE! HALLELUYAH!

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by InesQor(m): 6:00am On Oct 08, 2013
ifeness:

Are you seriously asking for claims? I do not have time for all that bible crap..... I do not intend to derail the thread. But you have no claim to the Hebrew's god,don't you have yours in your village?

Dude it's a simple question and has nothing to do with all these delay tactics of yours: what is your BASIS for saying "Christianity is meant for dull people"?

I understand if you have no basis / no answer to my question, and you would be too ashamed to say you have no basis - because in your atheistic worldview everything should have a basis. But judging by that statement it would just mean you use words carelessly the way a madman with diarrhoea releases faeces.

Yes there are gods in my village, and I have worshipped them before until I found something I deemed better.

You see? I can actually answer questions. Unlike you, it appears.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 08, 2013
swtchicgurl:

It really doesn't matter if we are dull or not. The important thing is that true christians carry the WISDOM OF GOD! Remeber, Jesus did not come for the 'healthy', he came for the 'sick'. Thank you Jesus, the Great Physician, who specializes in making dull people who ACCEPTS Him and makes them wise with the WISDOM of God. HALLELUYAH!

The Bible is the reason why I'm on this thread. It says: "Love your neighbour as yourself".

Haaa! in all honesty, I will have to open a full thread with countless pages to describe God and all He has done for me 'recently'!

Jesus is Lord!

A true christian is someone who is deluded,gullible and brainwashed,boring etc "Love your neighbor as yourself" is one of the contradictions in the bible. The same book commanded kids to be stoned to death. The book was cleverly written for dullards.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by InesQor(m): 6:04am On Oct 08, 2013
Your Premise: Christianity is meant for dull people.
My Question: Where's the evidence for your claim?
Your Response: you are busy looking for evidence. Ok tell me what this god looks like and how he has helped you recently?

FAIL!! FAIL!!! FAIL!!!
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 08, 2013
InesQor:

Dude it's a simple question and has nothing to do with all these delay tactics of yours: what is your BASIS for saying "Christianity is meant for dull people"?

I understand if you have no basis / no answer to my question, and you would be too ashamed to say you have no basis - because in your atheistic worldview everything should have a basis. But judging by that statement it would just mean you use words carelessly the way a madman with diarrhoea releases faeces.

Yes there are gods in my village, and I have worshipped them before until I found something I deemed better.

You see? I can actually answer questions. Unlike you, it appears.

Do you know the meaning of worship? It means slavery! So you moved from one slave master to another huh? I am afraid you need to re examine your life. I consider every christian stupid anyway. You guys are a waste to humanity
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 08, 2013
InesQor: Your Premise: Christianity is meant for dull people.
My Question: Where's the evidence for your claim?
Your Response: you are busy looking for evidence. Ok tell me what this god looks like and how he has helped you recently?

FAIL!! FAIL!!! FAIL!!!

You are dull because you refuse to think. How can you worship a god you cannot prove its existence? you are sick!
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by InesQor(m): 6:09am On Oct 08, 2013
ifeness:

Do you know the meaning of worship? It means slavery! So you moved from one slave master to another huh? I am afraid you need to re examine your life. I consider every christian stupid anyway. You guys are a waste to humanity

This is all such a non-issue! For once stop attacking people and address the issue. Or else leave the matter with your disgrace intact, abeg.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 08, 2013
InesQor:

This is all such a non-issue! For once stop attacking people and address the issue. Or else leave the matter with your disgrace intact, abeg.

There is no issue to address. I say you are dull to believe the bible,it has taken over your life and brain. why argue with you over something that is fake.... Get well soon!
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by InesQor(m): 6:13am On Oct 08, 2013
ifeness: How can you worship a god you cannot prove its existence? you are sick!

Finally you start giving responses that are more sensible to-the-point.

Not every construct is susceptible to proof. Some are taken as bases for further logical constructs. In logic they are called axioms. In theism, the existence of God is an axiom.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by InesQor(m): 6:14am On Oct 08, 2013
@ifeness

Dude act your age naa! Must you insult people to pass your message across?

Have you never learnt to have a conversation like an educated person? That's such a shame.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03: God sent his only begotten son to...

Lead the wild into the ways of men.
Follow me!
Eat my flesh flesh of my flesh.
Come with me...hail mary!
Run quick see!
What do we have here now?
Do you wanna ride or die?

cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christianity And Drinking Of Wine / Can These Women Protest Like This In Saudi Arabia? / Christian Men Can Marry More Than One Wife, No Bible Verse Is Against Polygamy –

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.